PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible@ World Showcase

passholderryan
01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Just got back from the World and did a few Kim Possible missions @ World Showcase. This has got to be one of the better things they've come up with in awhile. We did Japan, France, United Kingdom and Norway. As a regular, it was great to go on these adventures and find everything. This might be geared toward the younger crowd, but we split it up (boys vs. girls)with the losers buying the next round :beer::marg:!!!!! We can't wait to get back in a couple of weeks and continue the adventure!!! Anyone else do this yet????

Luv Eeyore
01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the report - we can't wait to try it in April!

TinkerbellT421
01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
DBF and I tried it out when we were there. That will be part of my trip report. We were kind of not in the mood, it was rainy and cold. It was a great concept. And we did it for a little while and we just didnt have the patience to spend more time on it. We had a few things we wanted to get to and it was late in the day. So we started to get a little annoyed. So we think we are going to do it again when we go back in January (2010) if it is still there then. We do think it is a great concept especially to keep kids/teens entertained while parents can go off and do their own thing if they wanted to. But again it looked like a great idea. We just unfortunately were impatient with it when we did it. But we are willing to do it again and hopefully we wont be cranky from it being rainy and cold out lol. :mickey:

the other micki
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Passholderryan, Can you give me a general idea of how long each mission takes? We are hoping to get in atleast 2 or 3 missions on our April trip!

cindchan
01-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Is it random what you get? Can you request a country you don't want to get because you just did it? Just curious as to how the selection of country works.:confused:

passholderryan
01-23-2009, 11:38 PM
We were doing each countries missions in 15-30 minutes. Alot depends on how familiar you are with the layout. They give you a cellphone that has the maps/photos etc to help you out. When you go to one of the main kiosks to get your countries ticket, you can ask the CM's for a specific country. They were very helpful.

the other micki
01-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks! Sounds like loads of fun!

Granny Jill A
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
We did it in December, and it was loads of fun. The only thing I would change would be a caution to the "teams" about racing through the exhibits. Some of the older teams darn near took us out as we were making our way around. Their enthusiasm was admirable, but slow down, guys!

OogieBoogieMan
02-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I just did this last week, a trial run before I am back with my family later this month. I think they did a great job with it. I think older kids may get bored in an era of PS3 and Xbox, but my 10 year old will love it. Definitely outside of the box, so to speak.

TheVBs
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I've just recently heard of this. I don't know if our kids are too young to enjoy it, but I'd like to give it a try. Is there an extra charge to participate?

TinkerbellT421
02-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I've just recently heard of this. I don't know if our kids are too young to enjoy it, but I'd like to give it a try. Is there an extra charge to participate?

You didn't mention how old your kids are. But I really don't think that its too much for being too young or too old it is a pretty cool thing and fun for anybody really. Maybe even better for younger kids because of the things they have you do, dont want to spoil it. And no there is no extra charge. Its part of the shows/rides of Epcot. Its another entertainment thing. :thumbsup: Except you have to scan your room key to get the piece for it (its a cell phone) and if its not returned they charge your room for it.

tinkerbell615
02-08-2009, 06:01 PM
You didn't mention how old your kids are. But I really don't think that its too much for being too young or too old it is a pretty cool thing and fun for anybody really. Maybe even better for younger kids because of the things they have you do, dont want to spoil it. And no there is no extra charge. Its part of the shows/rides of Epcot. Its another entertainment thing. :thumbsup: Except you have to scan your room key to get the piece for it (its a cell phone) and if its not returned they charge your room for it.

What if you are not staying on disney property? DD will be there in the spring. She is performing with her marching band at Epcot. They are staying off site. Can you still play the game?

DH and I will be staying at Disney property so I guess we can scan our key if necessary.