PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels early to mid Oct.??

jaredkari
01-23-2009, 08:09 AM
We are kind of considering a trip down in October. What is it like at that time as far as crowds and temperature?? I have watched a few videos from the Halloween Evening things and it looks pretty cool. How do you get into all of that stuff??:mickey:

CaptainSad
01-23-2009, 08:30 AM
First the crowds are small during the days. A little crowded during the parties. But manageable. The weather is just right.

You must have a separate ticket to get into MNSSHP. You can enter the MK on those nights at 4 p.m. You will get a wrist band. You will need it. The parties start at 7 p.m. They start checking for wrist bands at the rides at 7. Off hand I can't tell you when they go on sale. Maybe April or May. You will have fun.... Enjoy

buzz638
01-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Great time to go !
We were there first week of Oct.2007 and loved it. Crowds were more than manageable during that period, andbeing from Québec, we found the temperature perfect. I wore my shorts all week.
Attended MNSSHP and it was well worth it. Of course more people that night but still not as bad as our las MVMCP...

Buzz

biodtl
01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
This is our favorite time to go - the crowds are great, the weather is perfect (not too hot, but nice enough to swim - even at night), and you have MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival going on.

Tinkerbelly84
01-24-2009, 12:12 PM
This is by far my favorite time to go. I have been there many times in October and it's awesome. The weather is great. I never gets uncomfortablee hot or too chilly for the most part. The crowds are great too.

Polynesian Dweller
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
October is a great time to go. As others say, the weather is more moderate than other times of year but is usually warm and pleasant.

The Halloween party, (MNSSHP) is an extra cost special event and great fund, worth the extra cost IMHO.

Don't forget about the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot with a lot of special food booths, wine sampling, and daily concerts. It only runs from the last couple of days of September to the first couple of days in Nov. so it also makes October a special time to go.

Dopey's Girl
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I was there last October (15-17) and it was great. Soarin had a 40 min wait, but I'm pretty sure that was the longest wait we saw. The weather was great, and we loved the Halloween party!

I have also been there the last week of October, and the crowds then were low too. We went to MNSSHP on Halloween that year, that was a lot of fun. Especially since Halloween here in MN means cold weather costumes. It was great not to have to bundle up to trick or treat!

MrPeetrie
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
This is one of our favorite times to go. The crowds are very manageable, yet there are enough people there so it doesn't seem like a "ghost town."

Which leads me to my next point: don't miss the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!! It's a great time.

kemps@wdw
01-24-2009, 11:41 PM
October is a WONDERFUL time to go! We always go then as it is our DD's fall break from school. So much goin on. Less crowds, better weather (Sometimes a ittle cooler in the evenings). LOVE :cloud9: the MNNSHP. Well worth the xtra admission price...and a must-do for us. Fave perk of Oct. the Epcot F & W festival. A great opportunity to take a relaxing stroll about the WS lagoon and eat and drink your way "around the World". :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

javamama
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
My next door neighbors were there last year actually at the begining of the month and it was packed they said, and super hot. My neighbor behind me was there in the middle of the month, and he's around 75 yoa and he said it was moderate crowd wise on the days he went. Our friends got back the day before halloween last year, and they said it was a bit more than moderate but not packed, and weather was crummy--I saw the pics not too much sun--they didn't have a great trip at all.

thrillme
01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
We were there for Columbus Day last year (2008) and it was PACKED especially Epcot. I've been in mid July with less crowds.

pluto 77
01-28-2009, 04:10 PM
:confused:
My next door neighbors were there last year actually at the begining of the month and it was packed they said, and super hot. ... Our friends got back the day before halloween last year, and they said it was a bit more than moderate but not packed, and weather was crummy--I saw the pics not too much sun--they didn't have a great trip at all.

This is what I am worried about. We are going to be down from Oct. 4th- 14th on our honeymoon. We loved the Food and Wine and Halloween party when we were down a few years ago. The only problems were that it was very crowded and the weather was terrible. It rained almost every day and was very hot and humid. Most CM said how the crowds and weather were a fluke and its usually never like that, but I am getting worried. Really I wonder about the weather more than anything, so tell me. Was the steamy, reainy weather a fluke?