PDA

View Full Version : "Water" rides during cooler weather

dntccc
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I seem to remember reading on this board one time that during cooler times of the year, Splash Mountain is set such that the riders do not get as wet as they otherwise would. Is this true? We are currently planning to go to WDW the first week in March (although this could change to the 2nd week in March or to sometime in lat Feb.). If this is true, does anyone know when this dryer setting of this ride is? Also, what about rides like the river ride in AK. We did not ride it the last time we were there, but I have read that people get very wet on the ride.

bwk99
01-21-2009, 02:45 PM
You can either get soaked or barely get a drop on the river ride in AK. When I went in December, we rode the river ride 6 or 7 times in a row. I got soaked every time. My niece on the other hand barely got a drop despite sitting in the same raft every time. The last time we rode, I made her sit next to me and sure enough she left just as soaked as I was.. :thumbsup:

MOJoe
01-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I have heard that the water jets on Splash can be adjusted higher or lower to accomodate cooler temps, but i am not sure that the overall water level can be adjusted so that you don't get wet after the big plunge. For that reason i never ride Splash unless i don't care if i get drenched or not.
And talking about getting drenched. Someone on Kali River in AK gets drenched every time. The guys next to me last year had, i would guess, 40 plus gallons of water wash over their heads. I got lucky, but everyone else on the raft got soaked. So again, don't ride unless you carry ponchos, or are willing to get wet.

c&d
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
When we were on Splash yesterday morning, in 40 something degree weather the canons were turned on high as if it were 90 degrees. No one was escaping getting soaked on Splash yesterday morning. However, the ride was a walk on when we were there. :D

Giggy
01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
You can either get soaked or barely get a drop on the river ride in AK. When I went in December, we rode the river ride 6 or 7 times in a row. I got soaked every time. My niece on the other hand barely got a drop despite sitting in the same raft every time. The last time we rode, I made her sit next to me and sure enough she left just as soaked as I was.. :thumbsup:

Sounds a similar story to me and my mum, I almost never get soaked on a water ride whereas my mum seems to get soaked prettymuch every time. I get the feeling though her losing streak is stronger than my winning streak so if I sat right next to her i would probably get absolutely drenched.

Marilyn Michetti
01-21-2009, 05:16 PM
I got tanked on Kali in Dec., and it was COLD!!:freeze: