PDA

View Full Version : Archway of Cinderella's Castle Blocked?

dmbkjb
01-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello:

I am a long-time lurker and first-time poster. I was wondering if they ever let folks walk under the archway of the Castle anymore when going back and forth between Main Street and Fantasyland? On our last few visits, it always seemed blocked off (presumably for the shows in front of the Castle) and folks only used the walkways on either side. Maybe I just wasn't in the vicinity during the times it was open? Thanks!

P.S. - I love this board! :mickey:

mrmcgiv
01-21-2009, 01:56 PM
We were there in Dec 08 and May 07 and I do not think we had any problem walking under then. Hopefully it will remain open for you!

MegPeg85
01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I was there earlier this month and we were able to walk through it. I think it was closed off a lot during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration for the stage show, but I don't think they're doing that show anymore...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-21-2009, 02:14 PM
They close it during shows and when they have pyrotechnics on the stage (MVMCP). But it's open now, however the Castle stage is getting refurbed because equity was complaining.

joanna71985
01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
The breezeway is closed around 9:10 or so until after the last morning show (time varies depending on when it is. It usually is either 11:40 am or 1:40pm). Then the breezeway is open til around 4:15pm. It will then close til after the last show and be open for the rest of the evening (except during Wishes).

They close it during shows and when they have pyrotechnics on the stage (MVMCP). But it's open now, however the Castle stage is getting refurbed because equity was complaining.

The stage really needed the work. It was a mess.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-21-2009, 02:48 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! I'm glad you've stopped lurking and jumped into posting :)

I felt the same way as you, everytime we were in the area, the walkway was closed! However, it seems to be a bit of luck with timing...it is neat to walk through and look at the mosaic.

andreallybadeggs
01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
You've got the correct info regarding the castle.
Just want to welcome to you to Intercot. As a former lurker can tell you that once you've made that first post you risk an Intercot habit but you could sure do worse. :thumbsup:

goofy for pluto
01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT dmbkjb

We are glad you're here!! :mickey:

goofy78
01-21-2009, 07:43 PM
and another :welcome: to intercot! this is a great place for information and shootin' the breeze.

i too enjoy walking under the castle and never really had a problem with it being blocked, but after reading some of the posts it seems to be closed for a good portion of the day. :mickey2:

Septbride2002
01-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm glad to hear it is open - I love walking through the archways and looking at the mosaic of Cinderella. We are hoping to do Cindy's breakfast on our next trip! :)

~Amanda