PDA

View Full Version : CRT for Dinner

LarryBoy
01-21-2009, 12:43 PM
We haven't been to CRT for dinner since they quit using the old menu. How are things there now? What do you get? Is the food as good as it used to be? If we are on the DDP it's two credits correct? Is CRT now just a 90 day ADR? So many questions...

LarryBoy
01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Bump!

How is CRT for dinner?

kakn7294
01-22-2009, 08:51 AM
We ate there in Aug '07. The food was good but pricey - it is 2 TS credits on the dining plan. I'm not interested in there for my next 2 trips so I don't know what the current booking window is - sorry! The pic with Cindy is nice (and included in the price) but they line you up and several families got called up to the restaurant before they got their pics done - I don't know how they work around that and if they got them after they ate. Fairy Godmother and the mice do a little "show" to celebrate birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc - basically they sing, dance, and run around the restaurant but they don't do photos or autographs like the standard character meals. I actually preferred breakfast there - but of course, that was before the changes too. Menu items included appetizers of salad or soup and I think maybe an egg roll (?) - appetizers are included as part of the dining plan here. Entrees were your choice of lamb, pork chops, a chicken dish, a pasta dish, or prime rib. The only desserts I can remember was ice cream (for the kids) or a chocolate cake. Kids selections were the usual chicken, hot dog (maybe pretzel dog?), pasta, or a mini-version of one of the adult entrees. Kids were also given either plastic princess wands or pirate swords as they entered the restaurant - even my DD who was 12 at the time was given one and they knew how old she was because they asked. Hope this helped!

LarryBoy
01-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Has anybody been to CRT before and after the changes they made a few years back? What did you think? How is dinner now compared to things under the old menu?

Tinkerfreak
01-23-2009, 09:11 AM
We have done dinner a few times and we used to love it. This past trip in November we did it and absolutely hated it. We ended up wasting 8ts credits and the food was bad, the selection bad and the server was bad. We felt like cattle being herded in and out of the restaurant. Unless they go back to a better menu we will never go back.
We have done breakfast in the past and loved that but I'm not sure if that has gotten as bad as the dinner.

LarryBoy
01-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Has CRT been moved to the 90 day ADR booking window? Does it apply to all meals?

KylesMom
01-26-2009, 09:28 AM
This is a direct quote from Figment's update of January 14th:

Due to an apparent glitch in the system Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's are still bookable now through June 19, 2009. December 22, 2008 was the last day these locations were bookable 180 days in advance, which has apparently left the booking window 180 days in advance of that date (June 19, 2009).

So:

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's for dates now through June 19, 2009 can be booked now.

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's for dates beyond June 19, 2009 can be booked 90 days in advance.

DH wanted to know if I was interested in dining here once again - we used to eat here for my birthday many moons ago. I pulled up the menu, and DS and DH both went "ewwww - never mind". The menu changes simply do not appeal to us, especially with the huge bump in price. Now, my friend went around Christmas and declared that it was her favorite (since her daughter truly felt like a princess). I guess it all depends on your tastes.

LarryBoy
01-26-2009, 09:39 AM
My DS 8 really wants to eat dinner in the castle. He has no interest in the Princess Breakfast, but wants to do dinner. I guess he remembers going there for dinner when he was younger. It was durring the fireworks and it was pretty cool. We will be on the DDP so I'll just have to cough up two credits each.