PDA

View Full Version : 10 days til we leave...

cer
01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
And I can't get mentally ready - much less actually start packing - so unlike me. I am starting to freak out.

I have so many loose ends to wrap up at work before we go and my son is having a birthday party Friday night. My husband is telling me to start making lists. I keep thinking that once I get this done or that done, then I will be able to focus on the trip....am I crazy? :(

10 DAYS!!!!!!

Darbylew
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
You are so lucky just 10 days to go. We have
60 days to go. Have a wonderful time in the
land of Mickey and the world of Magic.:mickey:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP OCT. 2008
NEXT TRIP MAR. 2009 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

divinedi
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Relax.........breathe.........

I'm leaving in 5 days, haven't even started packing either, I usually only do that the last day, but then I only have to pack for me, my daughter is 20 and can pack for herself!

You're just feeling overwhelmed, on top of being excited about going. Take each thing you have to do one at a time, instead of looking at the big picture, get it done and move on to the next. Do the things you have to do for the trip and the birthday party, and if there is anything else you feel you need to do but that doesn't impact your trip, it will still be there when you get home!

Sounds like you need this trip, so try to stay calm and enjoy your trip!!!

faline
01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Have a wonderful time!

brian2000boston
01-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Good problem to have! :mickey:

MickeyMousse
01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Me too!! 10 days to go and I just got out the big suitcase and some of the kids clothes. The excitement is starting here!!!

pink
01-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Everything will be fine. I don't know why but always 2 weeks before vacation time every day life seems to get twice as crazy.

If you ever get stressed out just think that in a few shorts days you'll be relaxing, laughing and having a fun time in Disney World. There is nothing you can't handle.

I agree with what you said, start making lists. They really help.

Make one list of things you need to buy for the trip and tape it to the fridge that way you won't forget when it's time to get some last minute things.

Next make another list of things to do before you go and prioritize them in order or what needs to be done ASAP and what can wait until you get back.

:mickey:

vizsla
01-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

Itchy
01-22-2009, 09:31 AM
To get into the mood more set one or more of your favorite Disney things on the kitchen table or some place where you will see them most of the time. Get out the disney planning dvd and play it for you and the family.

I have 15 days to go and have not started my list or thinking about packing. But! I do keep asking myself and my daughter " Are we there yet".

Have a great trip and shoo the crowds away for me.:blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
I have a "basic" list that I keep a copy of for every trip and just check off what I've already put aside to pack. that saves me a lot of time. You'll be fine and everything will get done in time.

pdrlkr
01-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

pixiegoose
01-24-2009, 04:22 PM
We'll arrive at Disney the same day you do and I'm having the same problem (and it's now only a week out!). I know for me the biggest issue is that I've spent the majority of the past month here at my parents' house (only 1/2 hr from my parents but with the weather/traffic/my car broke getting into their driveway, I haven't driven home) and not at home(except for a few days), getting things ready. There have been a lot of things going on in life (which have been emotionally and physically draining) and I just haven't gotten into the Disney mindset yet. I have gotten together a few things but have been waiting on weather forecasts to even start packing. Good luck! I'm sure things will come together for both of us soon and then before we know it, we'll be at Disney! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
01-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Have a Wonderful Vacation.:mickey:

cer
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. Laundry is finally beginning to get done, which makes me that much closer to packing! YEAH!

Work is still a bear, but what can you do?

Looking forward to the magic on Sunday!

God Bless,
Carrie