PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their Disney Insider for 1/20/09? {The New Mickey Mouse Club Trivia}

BriarRose
01-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I just got the Disney Insider this morning for 1/20/09. In the History and Trivia section, there is a question:

DO YOU KNOW DISNEY?
On the new updated Mickey Mouse Club series, which actor who later starred in the television program "Beverly Hills 90210" starred in the series "Teen Angel"?

Get the answer HERE!

When you click on the word HERE, it takes you to the answer, which is Jason Priestly.

I absolutely DO NOT remember him being on the show. Anyone remember him on the show? :confused:

DizNee143
01-21-2009, 11:36 AM
hes the one who came to my mind right away when i read what you wrote...
so i guess in some weird way i do remember him on there...and i think i do vaguely see him..trying to remember back to that show! lol

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't remember him on it, either. That's odd.

I looked it up and he was not a cast member, but he starred as Buzz Gunderson in Teen Angel, the serial that aired as part of the MMC broadcast. I used to watch, but I don't remember this at all.

BriarRose
01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
The picture beside the question is of the 1970's MMC. Is that where you remember him from?

DisneyLandMomma
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Yea, when the "NEW" Mickey Mouse club started, they had those little "shows within the show" and Jason Priestly was on the Teen Angel one. I guess that was like early 90's. Before Britany, Justin and Christina were on. LOL

BriarRose
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Okay, I think I know where I got confused...

The picture they showed was of the 70's version of the New MMC, but the question was about the 90's version of the New MMC. (yes there was a 70's version-I have the album)

I just knew he was too young to be on the 70's version, which is the one I watched. I'm a little too old to have watched the 90's version. :old:

Thanks!

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Okay, I think I know where I got confused...

The picture they showed was of the 70's version of the New MMC, but the question was about the 90's version of the New MMC. (yes there was a 70's version-I have the album)

I just knew he was too young to be on the 70's version, which is the one I watched. I'm a little too old to have watched the 90's version. :old:

Thanks!

I watched both, the 90s one even though I'm older too because my son liked it when he was little. The 70s one, my mom sent in applications to try to get my sister and me auditions. We were rejected and they went on to help make Molly Ringwald a big star. :)

BriarRose
01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Okay, not to beat a dead horse...:beat:

I also don't remember Molly Ringwald on the 70's version of the New MMC.

I remember her on the Facts of Life with Lisa Whelchel and Julie Piekarski, but Molly Ringwald was not a regular on the MMC.

Doing some research, here are the names of the MMC:

Kelly Parsons
Billy "Pop" Attmore
Nita Dee (Di Giampaolo)
Shawnte Northcutte
Todd Turquand
Curtis Wong
Lisa Whelchel
Scott Craig
Mindy Feldman (Corey's older sister)
Angel Florez
Julie Piekarski
Allison Fonte

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Molly Ringwald left after one season. I remember her there and recall her talking about it in interviews afterwards. She was also on a few edisodes of Facts of Life with some of the other girls before she left that show early as well.

I looked her up, too. She apparently left MMC after one show. She must have really made an impression on me. Unlike Jason Priestly in the later MMC serial.

BriarRose
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
I just saw that, too.

I didn't think she wasn't a regular, but I do see that she did appear on the show.