PDA

View Full Version : Princess and Pirate Party

Ksmith75
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Are they still doing this?

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 09:58 AM
They may bring it back eventually, but I heard they discontinued them for the first half of this year. I'm torn on how I feel about that. On one hand, I loved that party and the fireworks were fantastic. We had such a good time there. On the other hand, I really don't like WDW closing one park to all but special ticket-holders and cutting that park's hours to all who didn't pay extra.

Luv Eeyore
01-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I hope they do bring it back. We had the best time we've ever had at the MK during the party.

Darbylew
01-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I caled the other day to see if the dates were
out and they are not going to have it. I hope
they bring it back in the future. We had such
a good time when we went. It is a great party.
I was told it is canceled at least for now. We
are going in March and wanted to attend.

Goofster
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
On the other hand, I really don't like WDW closing one park to all but special ticket-holders and cutting that park's hours to all who didn't pay extra.

I agree...I wouldn't mind as much if started after normal park closing times...like an EMH.

joanna71985
01-21-2009, 02:57 PM
I really wish the P&P didn't go away. I feel they were the best of the 3 parties. The fireworks were amazing.

I agree...I wouldn't mind as much if started after normal park closing times...like an EMH.

Technically the parties are held after park close.

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I agree that it is the best of the three parties. The fireworks were the best I have ever seen in my life!! We were attending the party in March, but had to cut our trip short by a few days, so selfishly, I am glad the party is no longer being held that week.:blush:

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Technically the parties are held after park close.

Technically. Yes, but the parks close several hours early to facilitate this, which causes some scheduling problems for people who don't plan to attend and wanted to spend the day at MK. I think people pay enough to enjoy the parks and the shortened MK hours can be a real bummer.

BigWes6
01-21-2009, 04:37 PM
That's OK why spend more $$$ .Lets go to the T-REX instead!!!!:beer:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Technically. Yes, but the parks close several hours early to facilitate this, which causes some scheduling problems for people who don't plan to attend and wanted to spend the day at MK. I think people pay enough to enjoy the parks and the shortened MK hours can be a real bummer.

There are other times when MK closes early as well, due to the park hours. And when MK has a party, another park HAS to have EMH to cover it.

Septbride2002
01-22-2009, 11:34 AM

AMEN!

We went to the P&P party and while the fireworks were outstanding I truly didn't think it was worth the extra price of admission. I would much prefer the parties go back to be special occassions that happen at Halloween and Christmas.

~Amanda

SBETigg
01-22-2009, 12:20 PM
There are other times when MK closes early as well, due to the park hours. And when MK has a party, another park HAS to have EMH to cover it.

I've never seen the MK close at 7 during August except for the P & P party time. And there were so many P & P parties scheduled during our stay that it was hard for us to get a night in the MK without paying extra to attend a party or going during one of the busier days. There were no MK EMH nights when we were there due to the P & P party and EMH in other parks don't make up for missing MK time, for us.

Like I said, we loved the party and would do it again if it was offered. But I also didn't love the constraints it placed on our schedule with having to work around the extra P & P party downtime.

javamama
01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I am so bummed, we honestly had a great time last year during this:( I already had scheduled this around our dinner reservations for our April/May trip, we just watched the dvd of it yesterday my kiddos were so excited to go again. I'm not too happy right now.