PDA

View Full Version : Crowds...lately

Terk24
01-21-2009, 08:11 AM
We will be arriving tomorrow. How have the 'crowds' been? Is the 4/3 specila keeping it busy?

TinkerbellT421
01-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Actually, IMHO, outside of the marathon weekend, start the monday right after the marathon the parks were dead. Compared to how we have seen them. I actually think they were a lot more quieter than usual. Since when does Test Track have a ten minute wait?? But yet Soarin' never did go under 50 minutes. But anyway...Compared to last January when we were there at the same time. I think it was very quiet....

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Actually, IMHO, outside of the marathon weekend, start the monday right after the marathon the parks were dead. Compared to how we have seen them. I actually think they were a lot more quieter than usual. Since when does Test Track have a ten minute wait?? But yet Soarin' never did go under 50 minutes. But anyway...Compared to last January when we were there at the same time. I think it was very quiet....

YEA! DH and I leave on Saturday to drive most of the way down so we can start our week of Magic on Sunday. I'm glad to read someone saying they think the crowds are lower.

disneymom15
01-21-2009, 09:35 AM
We were there last week Mon-Fri. Mon, Tue, Wed were quiet with little wait time. Thur the crowds picked up.

BiloxiMom
01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
I was just about to ask that very same question! We leave Friday and we are so excited. I kept reading about large Jan. crowds and I was getting really, really nervous. I can't wait!!!!!!!:party:

divinedi
01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh, I hope everyone is right, we arrive Tuesday am and I'm really hoping for light crowds while we are there. Would the Superbowl weekend (at least I think that's what's playing in Tampa, can you tell I'm a sports fanatic :secret:) make it busier?

FIVE more days!!!!! :cloud9:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Oh, I hope everyone is right, we arrive Tuesday am and I'm really hoping for light crowds while we are there. Would the Superbowl weekend (at least I think that's what's playing in Tampa, can you tell I'm a sports fanatic :secret:) make it busier?

FIVE more days!!!!! :cloud9:

Someone was saying that the site that ranks the crowds by numbers has the Sat. before the Superbowl at an 8 (out of 10) and the lowest as like Tuesday at a 3 or 4. Most days were at a 5. The Superbowl is in Tampa, but Tampa is only 2 hrs away. I figure that Friday 30th and Saturday 31st will be busiest my husband and I's week there.

Jayna222
01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm leaving tomorrow and coming home the 30th. And I'll be in MK for my 25th birthday:mickey:
Hoping that the crowds will be quiet!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm leaving tomorrow and coming home the 30th. And I'll be in MK for my 25th birthday:mickey:
Hoping that the crowds will be quiet!!

Enjoy your birthday!

BeccaO
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
We arrived on Saturday the 10th which was Marathon Weekend and it was fairly busy, then the crowds dropped off that Monday the 12th and then they picked up again on Thursday the 15th and Friday the 16th. MLK Weekend was nuts, we went home on the 18th and I was glad we did. The next time we go in January we will wait until the end of January. I don't want to be there over Marathon or MLK weekends. Huge crowds are why we don't go in the summer. I would rather pull my kids out of school than to fight with huge crowds in the summer.