01-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Cast
Me-29
DH-28
DS-8
DS-5
DD-turning 3 on trip

January 19th

Today was Hollywood Studios.We were supposed to get up for EMH for the park to open at 8, but we were all so tired we slept in and ended up not getting to the park until about 10:30. BIG MISTAKE! Once again, the park was packed! Toy Story Mania was out of fast passes for the day, RnRc had a wait time of 50 min and ToT had a wait time of 40 min! Everywhere was crazy busy! Needless to say we used fastpasses where we could and did the rider switch as well. That helped.We had lunch at Sci-Fi. It was good, but if it weren't for the dining plan I probably wouldn't eat there. I had the butcher's steak and it was really good. My DH had the ribs. He said they were good, but you didn't get many. Kids had hot dog and Mac/ Cheese. I forgot to mentioned yesterday we went to Magic Kingdom and ate at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was awesome!!! I will make that a must do on every trip now. Loved the steak and green beans especially. Kids devoured the rolls and butter. It was EMH here tonight and also 2 showings of Fantasmic. We decided to go to Fantasmic at 8pm and went there about an hr early as suggested by the castmembers. Well, we did and there was a line of people for miles it seemed. Not kidding. This is the first time that we've been there where the amphitheater was full. For the 6:30 show it was filled to capacity and there was standing room only buy 6pm. There was so many rude people there too that didn't have kids. Complaining about strollers and complaining about kids being loud and crying. Saying things like I wouldn't even bring my kid if they were 2! there has been a lot of rude people I've seen and heard on this trip so far. Fantasmic was awesome as always! We did the GMR and then we took the kids to the party at playhouse Disney where they got balloon animals and danced with Minnie, Mickey, JoJo and Goliath. It was a good night.

DlandMommy
01-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Sound fun:DHows the weather?

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow, I didn't expect to hear that it was so crowded this time of year! Thanks for the report:thumbsup:

c&d
01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
We were down also, and I think part of the crowds were the college cheerleading and dance championships being held this past weekend.

Weather was nice until yesterday when we left, it was only in the low 50's. But hey, that's a lot warmer than it has been in NE.

faline
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Seems like the limited showings of Fantasmic are leading to lots of crowding in that park on the days it is shown.

the other micki
01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm really surprised at the crowds! Sounds like your keeping a positive attitude and having a great time anyway. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
01-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Very nice report. Sorry you had bad luck with the crowds, but at least you made the most of your day. Thanks for sharing.

Bethis26fan
01-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Other than the crowds it sounds like a nice day.

dtootsie42
01-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow, sounds like it was a good day even though there are lots of crowds. :mickey: