PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite "adult beverages" around WS

Tink2002
01-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm turning 21 in March and plan to be in FLA and to "go around the world" in WS. (My birthday is conveniently during my spring break, wahoo!) What are everyone's favorite drinks to get in the different countries?

Let's bear in mind that when I say "around the world" it will be more like "selecting three or four countries" since I'm pretty petite at 5'2" and I'm thinking that getting carted out of WDW for public intoxication would not make for the best birthday memories. :marg:

MegPeg85
01-20-2009, 09:42 PM
As one who just drank "around the world" with some friends on a recent trip (I didn't quite make it, haha), I have some recommendations. I LOVE the margaritas in Mexico. I prefer lime, but I believe they have Mango, Strawberry, and other flavors.

I also always like to try the wine in Italy and France.

If you like beer, there are soo many kinds around the world.

Tinkermom
01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
My favorite is the Bellini in Italy! A Bellini is champagne mixed with peach puree - SO good! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately ;)) they are pricy, $10 each!
:cheers:

AHOTE
01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I enjoy a nice Viking Coffee from Norway, either to start the day off or as I watch Illuminations to end out the day...sometimes both ;)

Aggie97
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
My favorite is the Grey Goose lemon slush in France. :mickey:

TiggeRia
01-20-2009, 11:52 PM
My two must dos are the Rosa Regale in Italy (my absolute favorite!!) and the Grey Goose Lemon Slush from France. :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
01-21-2009, 03:50 AM
I love the peach snaps iced green tea in China Yum yum:marg:

Belle_0717
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
The mega margarita which includes all 4 flavors!!! I am now addicted to them and I am very sloshed leaving the park at night after only 1.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Grey Goose or Grand Marnier in France. I like when people who really try to go drinking around the world only get a regular beer, but the rule is you need to drink each one of the specialties for the country. We did it a while back, and since I was one of the DDs, I only had a sip of most of the other stuff.

I did drink the full margarita and it's really strong. So beware but good luck!

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I think it's very responsible of you to be mindful of your limits in advance. :thumbsup:

I love the Fiesta margaritas at the booth outside Mexico, great on a hot day, but the mango margaritas inside the pavilion are so much better, with real fruit blended in and not just flavored ice. I also love the Grey Goose slush in France. It's fun to do wine tastings in France, Italy, and Germany, too, but probably not all on the same day.

Cheers!

hardingella
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
My DH bought me a glass of pink campagne from a kiosk in France. It was delicious and very sophisticated. You can just walk around and sip it as you go. ooh la la.

anneo
01-21-2009, 11:29 AM
The Grand Marnier in France is my favorite.

Since it's your 21st birthday, try this -- have a couple of drinks and then go ride the wilder side of Mission Space. I did that on my honeymoon, and that made that ride even more interesting. :D

dumbo_buddy
01-21-2009, 11:47 AM

I AGREE!!! delish!

the gran marnier slushie that they have there imho is gross. i got it b/c samantha brown said it was so good on one of her shows. luckily DH got the grey goose one b/c he switched with me! he actually did like it.

but deffo go with the grey goose slush!! one definitely knocked me on my tush :)

kdbianchini
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
My vote is for Rosa Regale. It is so good!

PopeCharming
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
These are all fine suggestions, but I would add a pint of Strongbow hard cider at the Rose & Crown.

AmBo
01-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Grey I like when people who really try to go drinking around the world only get a regular beer, but the rule is you need to drink each one of the specialties for the country.

I've never heard of this rendition. This way though will cost you well over $100 just to get drinks at about $10 a pop and 11 countries. :sick:

I've done "the world" three times now. Once all beer, and the other two mix and match.

I look forward to Moosehead Light @ Canada, Sake Bombs in Japan (Sake shot dropped in a Sapora and chugged) and a drink at the Pub in UK.

I'm a beer guy though :beer:;)

LarryBoy
01-21-2009, 12:37 PM
How come I've never heard of this Grey Goose lemon slush? I must have one. Where in France do I find this? :thumbsup:

MegPeg85
01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
I believe you can get it at the wine stand out in front of Chefs d France. I will have to try one of those next time!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
I've never heard of this rendition. This way though will cost you well over $100 just to get drinks at about $10 a pop and 11 countries. :sick:

I've done "the world" three times now. Once all beer, and the other two mix and match.

I look forward to Moosehead Light @ Canada, Sake Bombs in Japan (Sake shot dropped in a Sapora and chugged) and a drink at the Pub in UK.

I'm a beer guy though :beer:;)

We did it under $80. What's the point in going to Germany and getting a regular Heiniken you can buy in the store? By specialties, I mean the imported beers. I can't remember all of them but they did include beers...but they were the actual beers or drinks from that country, not the Sam Adams or other Americanized beer.

dolphinmickey9170
01-21-2009, 02:42 PM
How come I've never heard of this Grey Goose lemon slush? I must have one. Where in France do I find this? :thumbsup:

The same place Samantha Brown gets her Grande Marnier(sp?). It's a small kiosk/booth facing the pavilion. I believe it is green. I must thank CaptJessica for getting me hooked on the Grey Goose. It is YUMMY!!!!!:marg:
Only 123 more days Jessica and we will be enjoying one together!!

I do like the Viking Coffee in Norway, but it is extremely strong for me. I have to mix it with a regular coffee. I guess I am just a whimp.

TBY2225
01-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Ice wine in Canada and Margarita's in Mexico! :marg:

ll MaJiK ll
01-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Every drink is good for me. I finally successfully did DOTW last year. The two times prior were failures do to poor planning on the DDP. :secret:

disneychick62
01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
The frozen mega margherita in Mexico!!! One and your trashed....:D

Kenny1113
01-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Another for frozen :marg:. :thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
01-21-2009, 04:19 PM
The best drink is the Cup special at Jellyrolls.....

many a good time was had....with many a complete stranger whose name you can't remember....

EpcotChic23
01-21-2009, 04:29 PM
My favs are the fiesta margarita in mexico it is 4 diffrent flavors layerd:marg: I also tried for the first time this past June a lemon gray goose slushi in France it was very yummy did not even taste like strong alchool. I don't do beer:beer: but I hear there are good one in Germany. Enjoy and also remember to eat too so you won't feel the drinks too much.

Crow
01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
PACE yourself
thats why i like using the buses:marg::beer:
Margarita in Mexico
Viking Coffee in Norway (i miss Ringnes :beer:)
Slushie in China
dont get much in Italy, maybe wine
wine or beer in German
Sake sake Sake in Japan
Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushie, or Kir Royal or wine in France
:beer: in England...Guiness or the sampler

goofy78
01-21-2009, 09:16 PM
i recently went on a hiatus from drinking. however, i have always found new beers when visiting walt disney world. some imported and some domestic. i went to R&C pub and had tennants ale (i wonder if they still serve it) which i cannot find anywhere else in the states and have looked many places since. i did ask the waitress to offer a suggestion on something unique and i guess i got my wish! also kirin ichiban at teppanyaki. i found sam adams cherry wheat at a beer cart and loved that discovery. although i like mixed drinks, i tend to (or used to) stick to beers. my suggestion too is ask any of the waitstaff or bartenders what they recommend as they may point you to something tasty. either way enjoy your 21 and be safe! :cheers:

tinksmom02
01-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry they're not in the right "around the World" order, but in the order of what I like best:

Margaritas in Mexico
Peach Tea Schnapps in China
Grey Goose Slush in France
Sultan's Coolada in Morocco
Beck's or Spaten in Germany
Harp in UK
I've had a Bellini in Italy, it was OK.

Haven't tried Norway (heard Viking Coffee was good), Japan, or Canada. And the American Pavilion has...American stuff.

stitchaholic
01-22-2009, 05:33 AM
what is the sultan coolada?

Kairi_7378
01-22-2009, 08:50 AM
My favorite of the special drinks is the fiesta margarita. My husband and I split one and it was very refreshing. I enjoyed the Grey Goose slush in France but thought that the portion size was a bit small.

tinksmom02
01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
what is the sultan coolada?

I don't know, exactly, and I think I spelled it wrong. It's colada, like pina colada. It's a frozen drink, from one of the stands in Morocco. Can't remember what was in it but it's good!

squijee
01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
What is viking coffee?

JPL
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
What is viking coffee?

Coffee with Carmora sp?(coffee Liquor) and Baileys :tasty:

mrsgaribaldi
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
My two must dos are the Rosa Regale in Italy (my absolute favorite!!) and the Grey Goose Lemon Slush from France. :thumbsup:

Me too. Also Nuvo from France. It's a sparkling vodka and yummy.

IloveDisney71
01-23-2009, 08:30 AM
I'd like to add another vote for the margaritas outside of Mexico but be careful because it can sneak up on you.:thumbsup:
I heard a lot of people rave about the grey goose from France so I gave it a try and was disappointed. It tasted great but there was no "kick" to it - for the price I expected to feel at least a little effects of alcohol. NOt that I want to get wasted at Disney but...:blush:

LandFan
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
THe Grand Marnier slush in France is fabulous!
The IceWine in Canada is yummy
The Margaritas in Mexico are very good!
The PlumWine in Japan is nice/different (at the cart where they sell the kaki goris)

Just a few quick favorites :D

BugeyedMuggy
01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Let's bear in mind that when I say "around the world" it will be more like "selecting three or four countries" since I'm pretty petite at 5'2" and I'm thinking that getting carted out of WDW for public intoxication would not make for the best birthday memories. :marg:

If you're worried about getting carted out, you could always do the Len Testa shot of Northern Comfort in the Canada pavilion.:secret:

Tink2002
01-23-2009, 05:58 PM
If you're worried about getting carted out, you could always do the Len Testa shot of Northern Comfort in the Canada pavilion.:secret:

Hahaha well if it's anything like soco I'm going to have to say NOCO. The fiesta Margarita's:marg: sound amazing, that's definitely going to be my first stop. I"m also thinking the grey goose slush and then we'll go from there... maybe a nice pinot in Italy or something so I'm not getting full of a million fruity drinks. I'm just guessing on all of this, though, guys... I don't have a clue what any of it is, really, I'm still 20, you know. :cool:

oh, college.

Thanks for all the suggestions, makes me wish I could temporarily grow a foot and gain 100 so I'd have a chance! hahah

PittFan
01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Definitely the :marg: in Mexico for me !!!
I'm sure you will have a memorable trip.

:mickey:

Mousefever
01-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Ditto.

Yvette
01-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree the Margaritas and Grey Goose slushies are to die for....

Also, on a trip with my DH during the Food and Wine Festival I tried a sparkling rose wine in Italy with dark chocolate. :cloud9: Amazing!! I had never tried that combination before, I highly recommend it!

Can't wait for May.....

jcvalenti
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Let's see ... not that I have my entire Epcot day's drinking pre-planned ... but here's how it usually goes. I'm a big guy though ... so you might want to skip a world or two if you're worried about getting a little carried away. I also usually go in June or July, so I'm sweating out that alchol pretty quick.

1. Flight arrives at 12:05 pm. Arrive Epcot 1:10. Enter from International Gateway, stopping at ESPN for a "Welcome to Disney" Corona to tide us over for the long (5 minute) walk to Epcot.

2. Enter Epcot; proceed directly to Rose & Crown pub. 1 or 2 Black & Tans, depending.

3. To France ! And Bordeaux from the wine shop. Or a glass of chilled Pouilly-Fuisse. Wife prefers the Grey Goose & Lemonade slushy.

4. To Morrocco ! Time for a pick me up - a cup of Morroccan Coffee.

5. Skip Japan (for drinking at least). You're only a 1 minute walk from the American Pavillion, which offers some wonderful and refreshing New York State Rieslings. Perfect wine for the hot Florida sun.

6. Italy: No doubt here. Pick up another glass of wine (I go with the Amarone, usually) from the shop.

7. Germany: Here's where I usually shift gears for the remainder of the walk towards the big ball. Time to go with a nice supersized beer. Usually something heavy, like the seasonal Beck's Dark. If I want to stay with the wine, there's an incredible selection of fine German rieslings in the shop.

8. Usually by now I'm tumbling, so I boomerang around the Outpost and China at a glacial pace, until I reach Norway ! Time to grab a bench and enjoy a couple of fabulous Carlsberg beers while I enjoy the scenery (usually the Norwegian girls, who are incredibly beautfiul !)

9. Mexico: This is where it all falls apart. Amateurs will grab a margarita, because you have to get a margarita in Mexico, right ? Wrong. Do NOT introduce hard liquor into the mix at this point. It can get ugly. Just get a nice Dos Equis or Corona, to keep you hydrated until you wrap up the booze trip around the world at ....

10. OH CANADA ! THE HOME OF EXCELLENT BEERS ! Find the stand with the selection of Unibroue beers, order a tripple style La Fin Du Monde and get ready to put a cap in that 21st birthday jog.

This is also the point where the kids insist on going on a ride and by now, dad is more than ready to sleep his way through Spaceship Earth or the Universe of Energy.

Enjoy !

Crow
01-27-2009, 11:21 PM
nice last post
but I cant skip Japan...the Japanese Women make me drunk..
and I agree the in Norway theres also some nice sites...but I still miss Ringnes:beer:

me...
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
The Welsh Dragon from the Rose and Crown is awesome!(Welsh Dragon: Peach schnapps, Melon liqueur, crème de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice )

And I second third and fourth the margaritas : )

PirateLover
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Bump! Your trip should be happening soon, let us know how you fair! We did this back in 2007, my first "Of age" trip to the world. We only split a few drinks. We paced ourselves fairly well, but yes it was expensive but so much fun. We will be doing this again in June for my fiancee's birthday.

-We skipped all around. I think we started in Canada, with Molson. Then it was time for dinner at Biergarten where I had a big stein of Becks, I think. Margarita in Mexico, Carlsberg in Norway, Tsing Tao (beer) in China, Peroni (beer) in Italy, Sake in Japan (not a fan, almost derailed me), Grand Marnier slush in France, half yard of Strongbow in UK, I forget what the Moroccan beer was, and I think we did Sam Adams in America. I think that covers it... we did not stop at the African Outpost ;)

murphy1
03-01-2009, 01:57 PM
For the last over 20 years, will always be for me a pint for R & C, just tradition. I have added the margarita on occasion from Mexico, the layered one, of course. Can't do more than this now at over 40! I still want to try one of the slushes one of these days! I can't do champagne at the park! I would be so sick with the sun! (Like in that movie Cocktail where Tom Cruise says "perfume going in....). I agree with Sherry, drink responsibly :)

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Italy: Italian Margarita

Germany: Riesling

Canada: Trois Pistoles - beer

Tink2002
03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Less than a week away for me now! :mickey:

TENTATIVE PLAN:
-start with a fiesta margarita in mexico
-slowly make the way over to france (with some food mixed in) and pick up a grey goose lemon slush
-add some more food in...hahaha.... and then I'm thinking wine, this is where I need recommendations, though.. I like Pinot A LOT, also chardonnay (basically NOT red ones), so what would anyone that likes the white wines recommend and from where?

And THEN... I'm going to attempt to sober up a bit.... dbf and I have reservations for Raglan Road at 8:30 and I'm thinking I want to be feeling good for that so I can hit it hard again. YAY...... (on a side note, we're getting 8-14" of snow on top of a horrible winter so far here, so I'm almost more excited about being WARM for a while than going around the world!!!)

mudpuppysmom
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I'll just say upfront, I'm a lightweight......my drinking around the world is limited to a start and finish thing.....If we start in Mexico I get a fiesta margarita......I usually finish it around Germany.....then I finish up in France with a Grey Goose slush......that's it for me!! Those two drinks and there is no rides for mumma! I'm benched if I do this!:D

mrsgaribaldi
03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Let's see ... not that I have my entire Epcot day's drinking pre-planned ... but here's how it usually goes. I'm a big guy though ... so you might want to skip a world or two if you're worried about getting a little carried away. I also usually go in June or July, so I'm sweating out that alchol pretty quick.

1. Flight arrives at 12:05 pm. Arrive Epcot 1:10. Enter from International Gateway, stopping at ESPN for a "Welcome to Disney" Corona to tide us over for the long (5 minute) walk to Epcot.

2. Enter Epcot; proceed directly to Rose & Crown pub. 1 or 2 Black & Tans, depending.

3. To France ! And Bordeaux from the wine shop. Or a glass of chilled Pouilly-Fuisse. Wife prefers the Grey Goose & Lemonade slushy.

4. To Morrocco ! Time for a pick me up - a cup of Morroccan Coffee.

5. Skip Japan (for drinking at least). You're only a 1 minute walk from the American Pavillion, which offers some wonderful and refreshing New York State Rieslings. Perfect wine for the hot Florida sun.

6. Italy: No doubt here. Pick up another glass of wine (I go with the Amarone, usually) from the shop.

7. Germany: Here's where I usually shift gears for the remainder of the walk towards the big ball. Time to go with a nice supersized beer. Usually something heavy, like the seasonal Beck's Dark. If I want to stay with the wine, there's an incredible selection of fine German rieslings in the shop.

8. Usually by now I'm tumbling, so I boomerang around the Outpost and China at a glacial pace, until I reach Norway ! Time to grab a bench and enjoy a couple of fabulous Carlsberg beers while I enjoy the scenery (usually the Norwegian girls, who are incredibly beautfiul !)

9. Mexico: This is where it all falls apart. Amateurs will grab a margarita, because you have to get a margarita in Mexico, right ? Wrong. Do NOT introduce hard liquor into the mix at this point. It can get ugly. Just get a nice Dos Equis or Corona, to keep you hydrated until you wrap up the booze trip around the world at ....

10. OH CANADA ! THE HOME OF EXCELLENT BEERS ! Find the stand with the selection of Unibroue beers, order a tripple style La Fin Du Monde and get ready to put a cap in that 21st birthday jog.

This is also the point where the kids insist on going on a ride and by now, dad is more than ready to sleep his way through Spaceship Earth or the Universe of Energy.

Enjoy !

I want to go with you guys!!! ;):thumbsup:

TooGoofy
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I want video.
:cool:

Dave suggests you try one of the Rieslings in Germany for a wine...but that would cause you to backtrack.

Have a great time and be safe!

eam
03-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Ditto!! Call me. (Not going until November-sigh)

jcvalenti
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM

We'll be down there June 15 - 25 ! Can't wait !

As for white wine recommendations, here are a few you might not normally search out, but which I really enjoy (and I'm generally a red only guy):

Germany - Riesling, riesling, riesling. Look for the John Jos. Prum, especially. Remember Spatlese is almost honey like, Auslese is more reserved. The German shop has a whole riesling bar and I believe they offer a flight. If you like heavily oaked chardonnay with a buttery texture, you'll love spatlese riesling.

USA - the Crab Cake shed offers a selection of New York State wines, including a NY Riesling that is pretty nice, if somewhat thin compared to Germany. Also look for the Sauvignon Blanc, which is crisper with far racier acidity.

France - go with the Pouilly-Fuisse, and refreshing white bordeaux blend of sauvignon blanc and semillon.

Italy - try the Fumaio; a plesant and very inexpensive hot weather wine served chilled.

Enjoy the trip !

FenwayGirl
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Rosa Regale in Italy for sure!:wine: It goes perfectly with a piece of chocolate cake from the bakery in France.:party2:

Insanity Clause
03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
In Francce they have these Grand Marnier Oranges slushy drinks which are to die for.

Tink2002
03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm BAAAAA-AAAAACK... and this is how it went....

my birthday was FABULOUS and also very delicious... started off with a fiesta margarita in Mexico (AWESOME) and a large churro to soak it up..haha.... my boyfriend was also drinking along with me as were our fathers so I just kind of chilled out in Norway while some beer (eww) was consumed. China was the Green Lychee Mist - tequila, melon liqueur and cream - DELICIOUS. I don't know what possessed me to get it since nobody even recommended it but it was SOOOO GOOOD - couldn't even taste the tequila, but there were some nice warm fuzzies nonetheless..haha... after that it all gets a bit jumbled but I had a Bellini, a lemon grey goose slush, and one and a half welsh dragons at the Rose and Crown. I was pretty well done for after that. My boyfriend and our dads had some tasty beers all the way around (if such a thing exists). All in all, an excellent trip I'd say. :marg::mickey:

biodtl
03-12-2009, 06:30 PM
During the F&WF, I had a mango gingerita and it was delicious - sweet and spicy and frozen.

Leighler
03-12-2009, 08:04 PM
There is definitely plenty to choose from so I'm sure you'll have a blast!! Maybe you can find some other WS barhoppers to buy you a drink on your 21st and it won't be so expensive!!! I can't wait to try these grey goose slushies everyone's hollarin' about! :party: I would recommend you stay OFF Mission Space- I made that mistake the first time I went on it was after indulging in the F&W festival and I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening in my hotel room in bed.

PirateLover
03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm BAAAAA-AAAAACK... and this is how it went....

my birthday was FABULOUS and also very delicious... started off with a fiesta margarita in Mexico (AWESOME) and a large churro to soak it up..haha.... my boyfriend was also drinking along with me as were our fathers so I just kind of chilled out in Norway while some beer (eww) was consumed. China was the Green Lychee Mist - tequila, melon liqueur and cream - DELICIOUS. I don't know what possessed me to get it since nobody even recommended it but it was SOOOO GOOOD -
oooooh! Can't wait to try that next time!

Sweetpea29488
03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
The mega margarita which includes all 4 flavors!!! I am now addicted to them and I am very sloshed leaving the park at night after only 1.

Where do you get this? I would like to try one on our next trip. Would this be something large enough that hubby and I can share so that we can sample more things?

Thanks for the help.

cgriff
03-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I like to spike my Beverly.

jcvalenti, that walk from Mexico to Canada is bad enough when sober, how bad is it when your sloshed?

McGoofy
03-13-2009, 06:49 PM
This thread has totally fascinated me! As many times as I have been around the World Showcase, I am realizing things I have been missing out on!

I hope the OP had a great time on her 21st!:party:

I was just there on 3/7/09. I had two of my favorites while I was there--plum wine from China and a strawberry margarita from Mexico.

I think I am one of the few on this thread that likes the grand marnier slush better than the grey goose lemon slushie. The slush taste like a "grown up" orange creamsicle to me.

Another favorite of mine is the rum runner from the Rose and Crown pub.

Now I do have a new question here. When I was there last weekend, I went to Germany to get my DS a pretzel at the Germany Bierline (the outdoor snack stop). I saw a sign for a drink I hadn't noticed before. It was called a Bavarian splash I think. It was a strawberry/raspberry/vodka blend of some sort I think. Is this new? Has anybody had it? What do you think? It sounded good. I would have tried it, but I already had plum wine in hand at that time.;) It's been a week so I am not 100% sure if I accurately described it.

Crow
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Where do you get this? I would like to try one on our next trip. Would this be something large enough that hubby and I can share so that we can sample more things?

Thanks for the help.
Its in Mexico. Fiesta Margarita. good stuff:marg:
and yes you can share if you wish.

Im always looking for new drinks around the world.
30 days until:marg::beer:

Bethanymouse
03-13-2009, 10:41 PM
We always splurge on the fiesta margarita with some school bread....what a combo! Throw in illuminations and it truly is what I call magic!:marg:

kathymk616
03-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Belated Happy Bday to OP!:party:

First, I want to go on record on saying that this is the first thread where I have agreed with every single previous poster. :cloud9:

As a champagne gal, I'd like to mention that, at Chefs de France, I like to have a delicious (but a little expensive) Kir Royale. (They might also serve it in the wine shop.) It is a glass of Champagne with some creme de cassis in it, giving it a slightly berry flavor and a lovely pink glow.:wine:

And then I get a lovely pink glow.