PDA

View Full Version : Best Park in Cooler Weather?

tiggerandpooh63
01-20-2009, 07:08 AM
We are leaving today and it looks like it's going to be cool today and tomorrow. Thoughts on the best park when it's in the low 50's????:mickey:

CzepielCrew
01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I would have to say the best park on a cool day is Hollywood Studios:). Most of the rides are indoors. Although being from Massachusetts, 50 would be like summer to me right now.

Mousemates
01-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Epcot is great on a cold day...since even most of the lines are inside.

The only problem with DS is that the largest shows are outside, under shade...and can be quite chilly in the winter

MK and AK are not best for cold days as many of the rides have exterior portions and a few add the possibility of getting wet.

So, all other things being equal (i.e. crowds, EMH, etc) I'd do epcot on my coldest day anf AK on my warmest....in a similar vein I'd do the rides with exterior elements during the early afternoon on the warmer days.

Disney Doll
01-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I guess everyone has different logic. We usually hit AK on cold days. Since they close early this time of year we are not out after dark and we can get in everything we want to see in a shorter day. We usually like to stay longer at the other parks so we save those for warm days. Of course you would have to skip out on Kali, but I would do that anyway because IMHO it just isn't warm enough for water rides in January no matter what. 50's really isn't that cold when you are walking around all day and staying active. We just bundle up and make the best of it. Enjoy your trip!!