PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts???

tink'72
01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I was finally able to book our dining today for our April trip. For some reason this trip I'm all confused. We are trying new places and I just want to make sure what we picked is okay.

Tusker House for dinner ( never did )
Spirit of Alhoa show ( never did )
Sci - Fi Diner ( the kids love this one )
Chef Mickey's (another kid favorite , all though not mine )
Coral Reef ( never did )

What are your thought?

biodtl
01-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I haven't been to Tusker House, but:

Spirit of Aloha show - this one is OK. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't go back. The kids really loved the show, and enjoyed having birthdays that month and getting to participate. One tip - use bug spray.

Sci - Fi Diner - a lot of folks don't like it, but we do. the food - while not haute cuisine, is perfectly fine, we've always had good service, and the atmosphere is a ton of fun.

Coral Reef - another one that you'll see a lot of good/bad opinions. We liked it a lot, though. Our server was really good and our meals were delicious.

sassy2000
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
We loved the Tusker House buffet. It is similar to Boma. We will definitely be back to it. We also like Coral Reef even though it has been a while since we have eaten there. We don't care for Sci-fi. Didn't like the food at all. Never been to Spirit of Aloha and our 1st trip to Chef Mickeys will be next month.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
We've been to all listed. The only one that hasn't been a repeat for us was Sci Fi..only because my kids were freaked out by the movie clips, and being a family of five, seating was strange. The car held two in the front, two in the middle, and a lonely one in the rear. Didn't work for us. The others are terrific, and I recommend the blackened catfish at the Coral Reef!

Natazu
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
-Tusker House for dinner ( never did )
It's nice to have some TS options at AK. Tusker House is good, like Boma Light. I like Yak and Yeti quite a bit more though.

-Spirit of Alhoa show ( never did )
The kids will love the show, it's worth it just for that. The food is ok, nothing spectacular.

-Sci - Fi Diner ( the kids love this one )
Sci-Fi, go for the kids, stay for the... um, go for the kids then have Brown Derby delivered*.

-Chef Mickey's (another kid favorite , all though not mine )
As far as character meals go, the dinner there is good. It's a shame they've replaced the prime rib with strip loin. ( I don't want to hijack the thread. If anyone wants to know about this, PM me)

-Coral Reef ( never did )
CR gets mixed reviews. I've been about 20 times and never had a bad meal. We love the place - from the creamy lobster soup to the Chocolate Wave. The kids will love the aquarium. Ask Chuck to seat you by the glass.

------
*that statement is a joking poke at SF's food quality. Brown Derby does not deliver.

Belle_0717
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I think Boma at AKL is a much better choice for dinner instead of Tusker House. The food and the experience are much better.

My DH had gone to the Luau in the past. The show was good, but the food was blah according to him. We really enjoyed HDR for a dinner show. It was lots of fun.

I still think the Crystal Palace has prime rib for dinner and its a character meal.

DH and I just ate at Coral Reef. The food was pretty good. The aquarium was cool.

kemps@wdw
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
My thoughts...

Tusker - haven't done it but plan to in '09
Aloha - OK but won't do again. (prefer Hoop-Dee-Doo dinner show instead)
Sci-Fi - did it, liked it, would do it again
Chef Mickeys - Character B'fast a yearly repeat for us
Coral Reef-1st time great, 2nd time lousy.

Hope this helps a little! :D