PDA

View Full Version : Which value for disabled?

PETE FROM NYC
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
DW and I are both handicapped.We both will have scooters needing nightly recharging. Which value resorts would be better for us? We will be using Disney transportation for commuting to the parks.
We also think it would be better to get a room with one king sized bed instead of two beds for a larger "parking area".

Strmchsr
01-19-2009, 01:26 PM
As far as I know it really wouldn't matter. I've stayed at 3 of the 4 values and all of them seemed very accessible for persons with disabilities.

WDWFanatic
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Since you will be using the bus system I would pick Pop or which ever All Star gets picked up first.

Have a great trip.

Iluvpooh
01-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I stayed in a handicap room at AS Sports once-for some reason they are the only rooms at the values with a king bed:confused:. I thought it was very nice and seemed roomier to me than the standard value room(may have been the 1 bed)
I LOVED the big shower and seat. I actually thought the whole large shower and no tub was part of the "sport" theme at first.:blush:
The room was very close to the main building and bus stop. Maybe all the handicap rooms are. I don't know.
Even though we are not handicapped, I felt that the rooms would have been easy to move around in for anyone who was.
BTW-Sports is the first bus stop for the all-stars.

Hayden's Dad
01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I would pick POP too for the transportaion. At the Allstars if you aren't at the first stop for the bus they could already have two people loaded, or since both of you are in scooters you may have to wait a while for the bus to come around. I know the handicap accessible rooms at POP and Allstar Movies have king size beds. Have Fun!!! :mickey:

Iluvpooh
01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry-I think I wrote that wrong. What I meant to say- was not that ONLY the All-stars had king rooms.
What I meant to say was only the handicap rooms had king beds.
At least that is what I was told in 2003.

ElenitaB
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Pete, I think your logic is very sound. We stayed in a regular room in Pop and it would have been very difficult to store two ECVs in the room. However, a room with the one king bed will give you a fighting chance. Have a great trip! I'm eager to hear about your experience driving down and back home.

Dznygrl79
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey I want to give some advic ebut first know I don't use an EVC, while I was working a few years ago I tore my knee and have not been able to lift my leg very far since. So I always request an accessible room. I have stayed at All star sports and Pop. I had lots of trouble at sports, not with the room but the resort itself and the buses. Sports is the first stop on the Alss Stars stops but lots of times the buses were overcrowded after one stop. Also the food court was smaller. Pop is my second home, the staff have always been inviting and never had a problem. I had one bag with me last trip as everything else was coming Magical Express and when of the nice luggage guys saw me walking to my room and carried it without me asking (did I tip of course but he never asked). Also I had the best Mousekeeper last time and she left me towel animals in a surprise spot everyday the window, tv, bed and once even on my shower bench I had a flock of birds! It was the best trip!