PDA

View Full Version : Grateful

shev
01-19-2009, 09:02 AM
We're staying at POP in April and I'm always reading about whether to get a preferred room or not. I know some familes need this but I'm just so happy to be going I don't care how long it takes to get to my room.:mickey:

FenwayGirl
01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
What a great attitude. I feel the same way:thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
01-21-2009, 03:05 PM
With your great attitude, you'll probably get the perfect room :D.

Pop is one of my favorite resorts. Enjoy!

texasteacher
03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
One year I asked for preferred and got a room close to buses and the next year I did not ask for preferred and almost got the exact room. Go figure.
I do like to be as close as possible to the buses because at age 55, I feel my age after a long day at the parks!

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
It is nice to enjoy the resort, even for a little bit, on your walk back. Have fun! :minnie:

ASweetLov
03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I have never paid the extra money for a preffered room and have gotten really great rooms in the 50's section. No more than 5 minutes away from the main building. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the room you will be at.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
We "prefer" not to pay the extra money :mickey:.We stay where Disney puts us!!

grumpydude
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
preferred rooms are great, but it really doesn't matter , as long as your at WDW!!:number1:

DANAM
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I really don't think there's a bad room at the POP. The buildings are set up so well. Who needs a prefered room. The All Star's are a different story.
I agree we should all be lucky in this economy that we can even go.

pamickeys
03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
my thought is , that if you think the room isn't ideal , then you're spending too much time in it.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I agree we should all be lucky in this economy that we can even go.

I second this! I know that everyone has their own idea of what "makes" their vacation, but it kind of bugs me when I read posts here about people complaining that they can't afford to stay at one of the deluxes this year, and have to (ugh) stay at one of the value resorts. ("Oh no, I've always stayed at the Poly but this year I have to stay at POP, how in the world will it be magical for me?") Don't get me wrong, if you can afford to stay at a deluxe then more power to ya, I would too if I could. But at a time when many people are losing their jobs and others are struggling to stay in their homes, I feel extremely lucky to be secure in my job and know that I get to back to WDW at all. :soapbox: Okay, I'm getting off the soapbox now.

Have a great time!

PixieMagic
03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
WOW!!! That was really rude! Don't get me wrong - I am a firm believer that any trip to Disney is better than no trip to Disney - but you don't have to be like that. Yes - my family stayed at Poly when I was growing up and yes DH and I have stayed there as well - we are "spoiled"...but having concerns about staying somewhere completely different is not whining and complaining...it's researching and trying to find out differences. I was layed off last June and my father got layed off the day we decided to book our next Disney trip...we felt it was better for our family (DM, DF, and DSister) to have one last hoorah as a family and go to Disney all paying seperately and staying at a Value...my family never had money growing up - we stayed at Poly b/c my parents went out to eat once every four months or so (including mcdonalds), never bought new things, had basic amenities, and almost never even bought soda...they literally spent all the families money on creating wonderful traditions and memories for our family....I'll get off my soap box - but you get off yours as well...