PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Fastpass

princessesmom
01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
We'll be in WDW for my son's 8'th birthday next month. We are planning to get the birthday fast passes. We'll be heading to MK that morning and then over to Epcot later in the day for dinner at GC. We'll get the fast passes in the AM at MK. Does anyone know if we have to use all 4 rides in that park? Is it possible to split the rides between the two parks? It would be helpful to hear about other's experiences. Thanks!

Terk24
01-19-2009, 07:36 AM
We'll see what someone has to say, but my guess is you pick the 1 park you want to use them at. The other options are a 'shopping spree' in 1 park or the one day ticket for 1 park. That's why I would assume everything is for 1 park.

BMan62
01-19-2009, 01:14 PM
From another site:

The Birthday Fastpass gift should be obtained early on the day of your birthday, as supplies will be limited. Originally announced as a "badge," it turns out it isn't a badge at all, but a card with a magnetic strip (not unlike your park pass) that is inserted into the Fastpass machines. The Birthday Fastpass exchange card has a picture of Donald and Daisy on it, which will be explained below. The machine will produce a Fastpass that is active immediately, and is good for the celebrant and up to five other people in the celebrant's party. The Birthday Fastpass Exchange Card is valid for four select attractions in the park in which it was obtained, on the day it was obtained. The celebrant may only receive one Birthday Fastpass Exchange Card valid for one park on the celebrant's birthday.

Information on which attractions the BFEC can be used for and how many times it can be used on the same attraction seems to be very much in flux at the moment and appears to be interpreted differently by each park. Keep in mind the information below can differ from what you may actually experience in the parks. Hopefully, this will all shake out soon and everyone will be on the same policy page. That said, here's how I understand it:

The specified attractions to choose from are divided into two lists: Donald and Daisy (basically, E ticket and D/C ticket attractions). The celebrant may select two attractions from each list and may only get one Fastpass for each attraction chosen. The Fastpass is valid immediately and is good for up to six people. As this is a new program, some guests have reported being able to choose all four from one list, and also report getting more than one Fastpass for the same attraction. As I said, it's all in flux right now, apparently, so be prepared to go with whatever the policy is on the day you redeem your Fastpass Exchange Card. In addition, it is my understanding that the BFEC will work in designated Fastpass machines even after all other Fastpasses for that attraction have been distributed for the day. This would be a handy perk for extremely popular attractions like Soarin' or Toy Story Midway Mania, where Fastpasses are often gone early in the day. Here's the list of attractions, keeping in mind they are always subject to change:

Magic Kingdom BFEC attractions:

Donald: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain

Daisy: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Stitch's Great Escape

Epcot attractions:

Donald: Soarin', Test Track

Daisy: Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE

Disney's Hollywood Studios attractions:

Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Animal Kingdom attractions:

Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris

Daisy: Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Kali River Rapids

Tinkerbellaella
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
A birthday fast pass??? I have heard of getting a free park ticket if you are there on your B-day or a gift card. Is the fast past along with or is it another choice? If the b-day is a child's what do they require for proof that it is their b-day? I really don't want to carry around their birth cert and loose it.

MomTo3Tiggers
01-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank you Bman62! I've been waiting to see detailed information like that. Not worrying about it yet since we're going in August, but very curious!

princessesmom
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks so much for all the detailed information! I'm kind of bummed that they limit which rides you can choose, but we'll figure it out. If we get a regular fast pass when we get to the park and hit a popular ride first thing, we should be able to ride everything we want to within a few hours with the 4 birthday fast pass rides.

In response to the pp regarding how this works. The birthday fast pass is a 3'rd option on your birthday. You can choose the admission ticket, the gift card, OR the fast pass. The fast pass is not in addition to the other things. For a child you will need proof of his birthday. I got a copy of my son't birth certificate from the town hall where he was born. It was very easy and cost about $10. A passport should work as well if you have one for your child.

Imagineer1981
01-19-2009, 01:59 PM
I would take the 75 dollar gift card any day over the FP

wire0monkey
01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Wow! That rocks!

I wish that it was convenient to go on my birthday.

Daisy'sMom
01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
It was my understanding that the options were only available to annual passholders or if you already have a multi day pass. :mickey:

c&d
01-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi, DH just used the fastpass option last weekend for his birthday and here's how it worked for us (Studios).

We ALL had to be at the will call window to get the fastpasses. We had a choice of 2 fastpasses for each group (Donald or Daisy), ToT, RnRC, Toy Story Mania, we used the 2 fastpasses on Toy Story Mania and then 2 passes for the other set of attractions. We only used one from the other portion on Star Tours.

We were also told that if the fastpasses were gone for the day you couldn't get one even using your birthday pass.

I have to say we were a little disappointed with it, I guess we were hoping for a fastpass for each ride instead of having to choose. But it got us on Toy Story Mania twice without a wait so I can't really complain.