PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent

azdisneymom
01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Ever since we found out that our son had been injured at bootcamp my husband and I have been planning to visit him. We are only allowed one visit and had to receive permission first. Well we are supposed to leave in 4 days and today DH told me he didn't want to go. :mad: What?! We were going to drive and unfortunately driving in California traffic sends my blood pressure through the roof. Last time I tried it they almost put me in the hospital. Flights are over $250. I am so bummed. :( Now I have to find a way to get word to my son that we won't be there, with the holiday mail won't get there in time.

I don't understand why he does this to me and our son. The day before my son shipped out my husband told me he wouldn't be going to say good bye so this is not the first time he has 'changed' his mind. I hope I can get a DING flight.

NotaGeek
01-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Hmmm. I remember a previous post about your husband and his refusal to go say goodbye to your son ... and you said this is a normal thing for him. This definitely seems like some sort of control thing ... maybe it's your cue to take control of your situation? If you unhappy about it enough to post here for strangers, maybe it's time to focus on what you want for yourself. Your happiness is important -- don't forget that.

If you need to get a letter to your son you can use FedEx or USPS Express overnight for about $10-15.

Good luck to you, and congratulations to your son.

Carol
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Is the bus or train an option?

Cinderelley
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the situation. Having your son in bootcamp is so stressful. Can you still make the trip to California, but plan your driving around less busy times? We always leave really early in the morning to drive to Ca (think 1 or 2 am) to avoid traffic.

Tick-Tock
01-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Can you ask a friend to go with you instead?

azdisneymom
01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
I decided to go ahead and spend the money. DH is OK with that. I just wish I had known a week ago when I could have paid half of what it cost now. Oh Well.

crazypoohbear
01-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm glad that you are able to go and get to your injured son, I hope it's nothing too serious.

On another note about your DH, I think because he has let you and your son down in the past you need to have a conversation with him about why he does what he does and how it affects you and your son.
Also, why he chooses to wait until the 11th hour to spring these things on you. You deserve better treatment and so does your son.

goofy for pluto
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I am happy that you are able to make the trip to see your son.
I hope that you have a nice visit and that his injury is not to serious.

Cinderelley
01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Glad you're going. Have a great trip!!!