PDA

View Full Version : Younger kids least favorite park?

hope23
01-17-2009, 11:16 PM
As we figure out our trip, we want to schedule a day that we'll spend less time at one park... in your experience or opinion, which park would younger kids (ds 5 and ds 3) find least interesting or less to do there for them?
Thanks!

jonahbear2006
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Hollywood studios. There is so much for us adults to do and since even the stuff for kids is mostly shows, the kids end up sitting in their seats most of the day. Even my 8 yr old cried last time because the only thing she wanted to do there was ride toy story mania and we had to wait hours to use our fast pass. It is just not kid friendly yet, but they are doing their best to get there.

WDW5150
01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
My kids 4 & 5 were not that happy at MGM.

Here we go again...
01-18-2009, 03:00 AM
when my DD was that age she loved MGM. She liked Bear in the Big Blue House, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and more.
Now that she is older, she really loves the street performers too.
Now there is Playhouse Disney, Toy Story Mania and the Character breakfast at Hollywood and vine.

My DD was bored at Epcot then, but loves it now.

I guess you need to see what your child likes. I brought my grandkids to MGM in November and they loved it. Don't be too quick to write it off.

beksy
01-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Personally when I was that age I liked MGM but got bored with Epcot after a few hours (much to Dad's disappointment! By the time World Showcase opened, I was ready to leave). Of course that was many years ago and they've made it a lot more kid-friendly since then with the kidcot stops and stuff so it might all be different.

JenniferS.
01-18-2009, 10:14 AM
I would have to say Epcot. I love Epcot and the kids do too, but they really don't care for the World Showcase. All they want are rides. Of course they could spend our whole trip at Magic Kingdom. That's their absolute fave.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-18-2009, 10:16 AM
I think it really depends on the kid. My DD, now 10 always disliked AK...she's not into animals, and really doesn't like anything about the park, except Chester's and Hester's.

She loves Epcot, she does the activities in Innovations and all of the kidcot stops. We find at a lot of the countries in World Showcase they go out of their way to help the kids have fun.

DHS is another "OK" park for her. She does like the "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" playground, and she LOVES the Great Movie Ride.

mudpuppysmom
01-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Since we've been taking DS (started when he was 3, he's almost 7 now) he has always disliked MGM -- there just is not a ton of things for kids to do there in our opinion....plus he's a boy, so no Little Mermaid, no B&B show for us. He used to like Playhouse Disney, but we saw it a couple of times and that was it for him.

When we go on our trips, we fly in that morning, check into our hotel, drop our stuff and head to MGM and we're usually back at the hotel in aobut 4 hours tops. Things he does like to do are: Muppets, LMA and TSM along with looking in One Man's Dream, GMR and SOMETIMES the animation place....really that is about it. He doesn't like ToT and DH and I feel he is not ready for RnRC yet even tho he is tall enough (has been for two trips now).

On the flip side -- I know you asked which park is least liked, but here it is anyway.....Epcot and AK are DS's faves....out of a seven day vaca we usually spend at least three days at Epcot and one and a half at AK. Our first trip we spent and ENTIRE day in FW at Epcot!

TinkerMel
01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
On our last trip, DD was 5 and DS was 3. Their favorite part of the whole Disney experience was meeting the characters. Their least favorite park was probably DHS because they were not excited about any of the shows and they were not tall enough for the thrill rides. However, they got to meet the Power Rangers and see the Cars characters, so DS will tell you that was his favorite part of the trip. They also LOVED the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground. So, we only spent a few hours there, but they enjoyed it.
It does depend on the kids and what they are excited about. I expected them to be more into the shows at that age. I know when we go back in May (a year and a half since our last trip), they will have different favorites. I can't wait to find out!

Kenny1113
01-18-2009, 02:40 PM
My kids(7 and 4) love all the parks, but I would have to say their least favorite park is AK. We have taken several weekend trips and we usually skip that park and the kids do not complain.

StillSimbaGirl
01-18-2009, 04:46 PM
When DD was 5, we went to Disney and stayed at the Poly - figuring easy access to the Magic Kingdom. On DH's last day (DD and I had 5 more days), we went to Epcot on a fluke because DH figured he had never been there etc. even though I had planned a 1/2 day later in the week. Well, my really rather quiet kid LOVED Epcot. Maybe because there's just more space; it's a slower pace...she didn't really like rides...her favorite one was that boat ride in Mexico...over and over again!

She loves Animal Kingdom too - we probably saw that Pocahantas show 3 times on that trip alone - often followed by the Lion King and then leisurely walks through the animal displays.

It's a toss up for her between MK and the Studios - but she loves Fantasmic and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and the shows....

Wow, I think I am the only mom who has a kid who doesn't really like the MK???? I'm going to go and have a little cry.

kathiep
01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
My kids enjoy each park. Hands down, their favorites are MK and Epcot. They even love World Showcase.

So, I'd have to say that given the choice, they'd spend the least amount of time in the Studios. There isn't a lot for them to do at their ages (5 & 4). DS complained through Disney Playhouse, won't go see Little Mermaid or Beauty & the Beast. DD didn't enjoy Star Wars. I think we spent more time separated at this park than together. The only hit all around was Midway Mania.

stitchaholic
01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
aside from RRC,i would have to say DHS.

deanna-montana
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
when i was younger i didnt like epcot. now i like it because i understand world showcase but there isnt alot to do in the rest of the park.

wire0monkey
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Wow, I think I am the only mom who has a kid who doesn't really like the MK???? I'm going to go and have a little cry.

No, MK was my kids' least favorite park in 2007. They LIKE it, don't get me wrong, but Epcot is their favorite. If they had to choose one park, they'd choose Epcot, then AK, then DS, and MK last.

It all comes down to what a kid likes the most.

My kids like the street shows in World Showcase and a few rides (Soarin', Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and Journey into Imagination with Figment) in Epcot better than anything else in the World.

They like the shows (Lion King, Pocahontas, and Nemo) and animal exhibits in AK next.

It's then a toss-up between DS and MK, but DS gets the nod because while there is LESS to do there, they loved Playhouse Disney Live! more than anything in MK.

They'll be 18 months older when we go in May 2009, so I expect that order may change a little. Son #2 will be big enough for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mt. Railroad, and I think that will change the vote a little.

wire0monkey
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
They'll be 18 months older when we go in May 2009, so I expect that order may change a little. Son #2 will be big enough for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mt. Railroad, and I think that will change the vote a little.

I forgot about Star Tours and Jedi Training Academy, though, so that may mean that DS still beats out MK.

They're 6 and 4 and completely obsessed with Star Wars: the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. I suspect that Playhouse Disney Live! will be replaced with Star Tours and Jedi Training Academy as their favorites.

It really depends on the kid's interests.

minnesotafreeze
01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
My son gets bored at EPCOT which is fine by me since I would rather be at the other three parks. As Homer Simpson one said, "EPCOT is even boring to fly over.":mickey:

javamama
01-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a 5 yo and come August a 3 yo, and this will be our 3rd straight April taking them to DW:mickey: can you say spoiled:D I'll start w/my ds who is now 5 he the first year it was a quick trip 6 days traveling from Chicago and back. Our MK was the fav back then, and I'm thinking it still is as of last year. AK was a close second since he's a dinosaur freak. He also really enjoyed Epcot, our first year we only did WS at Epcot, and then last year we spent 2 days there so he really got to see the whole park. He also enjoyed the P&P party at MK which really has dh and I ticked that it's not happening this year, I loved it last year--it honestly was amazing we just watched the parade over the weekend before I knew it was xld--so bummed:(
Now my dd who is 2 1/2 now, loved nothing last year except the characters. She was a crab arse the whole trip except when she was in the pool at the Poly---no joke:blush: It was very challenging with dd last year, she did great with the characters, and on the rides at MK but that was it. She hated being in her stroller, she took 2 naps last year so that was hard to schedule. This year she's down to 1, so it should be alot easier:thumbsup: Plus she's tall so she can ride alot more rides which is a big plus for us. I'm thinking MK, and Epcot will be her favs this year.
Have fun!

Insanity Clause
01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
I will have to say Epcot though there are still a lot of things for your kids to enjoy but it is more adult orientated at least WORLD SHOWCASE is.

EmmMOM2
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Hollywood studios aside from the Toy story ride and the great movie ride.

Epcot my kids (4 and 1) enjoyed! Their was The Ellen Energy (dinosaur) ride and the Figment ride and they also enjoyed looking thru the Innovations buildings and watching the shows and participating in the craft corners they had set up for the kids.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
When my son was little his least favorite was Epcot, as he got older and into video games he started enjoying the innoventions part more. Probably with 3 and 5 year olds, I would say Epcot would be the least favorite...I've heard people say it stands for Every Person Carries Out a Toddler:blush:

tannermansmom
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Besides seeing Lightning McQueen and Mater in DHS there wasn't much that my toddler enjoyed last year there. He did really enjoy EPCOT though. This really suprised us. We made sure to take advantage of all the Kidcot stops. Plus I found these stops to be a good place to let your little one's (& bigger one's) play for a little bit while the parents could sit and relax.