PDA

View Full Version : just back from b-day trip

disneymom15
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Just got back from my Monday-Friday birthday trip and had a great time. Just wanted to mention a few things that made it great and 1 thing that is really bothering me. First, absolutely love Toy Story Mania. We rode it for the first time last month and couldn't get enough of it (rode it 5 times in 7 days, this trip we rode it 4 times in 4 days.) We ate at Plaza restaurant for the first time, it was very good and loved the homemade potato chips. For my birthday I opted for the gift card, FYI, Disney changed to policy on the gift card, card no longer expires at the end of your birth day. It now has no expiration. very cool! Now, here's what's bothering me. Husband loves the glazed nuts and usually buys 1 bag per day. They use to come in either pecans or almonds for $3.50 per bag. The pecans are no longer available and the almonds are now mixed with peanuts and the were still $3.50 (peanuts are cheaper than almonds) so, ok, we can live with that. On Thursday he goes to buy his daily bag, the cm says $4 please, he says the sign says $3.50, she says disney raised the price and hasn't changed the sign. Wouldn't you think they should honor the price on the sign? I'm wondering if the cm pulled a fast one on us. Should I contact Disney on this or just let it go?

senderella
01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
That doesn't sound right. This is Disney after all. The same place that can transform a park into a winterwonderland a matter of minutes or set up candy stops for Halloween in no time.....I am sure they could change a sign for a bag of nuts. As we all know, all the things that go on at night while we are all resting up for our next big day of magic, take numerous CM and they can't change a sign? It doesn't make sense to me. I would think they would honor it. I know .50 is a small amount, but it is the point isn't it.

mouseketeer mom
01-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't pursue it, but it doesn't sound very Disney to me, they are usually so exact in our experience. Glad you had a fantastic trip.