PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas 1 Bedroom

pianobabe
01-17-2009, 11:01 AM
DH and I are going to be able to stay at Boardwalk for our anniversary in September. We have never stayed here and I am very excited about the trip. What should we expect from our stay? What location should we request? Are the refillable mugs available and where? How far is the walk from the resort to DHS and Epcot? Where is/are the bus stop(s)? I appreciate all of your responses. I can't wait!!

wendy*darling
01-17-2009, 01:39 PM
DH and I are going to be able to stay at Boardwalk for our anniversary in September. We have never stayed here and I am very excited about the trip. What should we expect from our stay?

What location should we request?
The villas have a couple of different views available- and different point allocations for each. Which did you request when you made your reservation?
The Boardwalk views are nice, and I love the ambiance of the noise from the people and the entertainers at night. Some people prefer a more quite location.
Are you staying on points or paying cash?

Are the refillable mugs available and where?
Yes, they have refillable mugs. You can purchase and refill them at the Bakery and I think at the pool bar. You can also get refills at Bellevue Lounge on the main floor of the resort.

How far is the walk from the resort to DHS and Epcot?
To Epcot- it's about a 10 minute walk- depending on where you are in the resort.
And to DHS- I'd say about 15 minutes.
You also have the Friendship boats as another option to both parks.

Where is/are the bus stop(s)?
Right out front- there is just one location.

The Boardwalk is one of our favorite resorts. Enjoy! :mickey:

pianobabe
01-17-2009, 03:20 PM
We booked through RCI and were unable to request anything specific at that point. We are staying on points, it is just a different system of points. Is there bus transportation to Epcot and DHS if the weather is bad and the Friendships are not running?

Thanks for your response.

wendy*darling
01-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Generally, there is no bus service to Epcot or DHS.
I personally have never experienced weather bad enough to stop the boats from running, but I suppose if that happened, then they would provide bus service. You would probably get information at the front desk- or even right to your room.

DizneyRox
01-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Correct, no bus service to MGM or Epcot, it's walk or boat. Walking is faster.

pianobabe
01-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks so much for all of your responses. We were going from Epcot to DHS a couple of years ago on the Friendship boats when a storm came up. It was an awful feeling seeing all the lightening, hearing the thunder and knowing you are on a boat.

Maleficent's Dad
01-17-2009, 07:42 PM
You have great information given above. :thumbsup:

One of the best "perks" from staying at the BW is its location - you're close to two parks, have the boardwalk proper at your disposal, and are within walking distance of four other resorts.

How far is the walk from the resort to DHS and Epcot?
This is the only thing I'll add:
Depending on your room location - especially since you're at the villas - your walk to DHS could be substantially shorter than the walk to EPCOT.

It is a common misconception that EPCOT is closer to the BW than DHS. From "your door to the door of the park," DHS can be the closer park. This is often the case for standard view, pool view, and water view rooms. In most cases, Boardwalk view rooms are closer to EPCOT.

You just walk to the rear of the resort - not towards the elevators - and head out the back door of the villas. From our room in August, DHS was 10 minutes (with kids in tow) while EPCOT was more than 15 (closer to 20). On the flipside, it's pretty close to a dead-heat from the last Boardwalk view room we had.

DizneyFreak2002
01-18-2009, 12:48 AM
How fast do the villas at Boardwalk book in October? Do you think I can get a room for a week in October at the 7 month out mark?

Maleficent's Dad
01-18-2009, 06:47 AM
How fast do the villas at Boardwalk book in October? Do you think I can get a room for a week in October at the 7 month out mark?
It will probably be difficult; but it doesn't hurt to try!

Check out this post. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148558)

Good luck! :mickey:

JMTStone
01-18-2009, 07:42 AM
We loved staying at the Boardwalk Villas. You got fantastic info above, but here's our experience too.

Our room was on the first floor near the quiet pool. The first days, we took the friendship boats to EPCOT and DHS. The next few days we figured out that walking was faster. I loved entering EPCOT through France/England. The music you hear once you get over the bridge is special (we even bought the CD), and adds to the excitement of going to EPCOT.

Our area was quiet at night and we were steps away from the excitement of the Boardwalk when we wanted it.

If you are sports fans, I recommend the ESPN Zone for the big game. Our last stay, we walked there from DHS to see the Steelers on Monday Night Football.

The bakery for breakfast is a must too!

Dreamcycle fruity drink at the pool was a treat!

pianobabe
01-18-2009, 07:45 AM
With everything I have heard, I am getting more and more excited. DH isn't into football (or any other sports actually), but I love it. I may just have to check ESPN out.

Septbride2002
01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Check out my home page for a trip report and pictures of the 1 bedroom suite at BWV.

I found it cheaper to buy soda at one of the Hess gas stations (there is a HESS station within walking distance of the BWV) and keeping it in the room rather then getting refillable mugs. The Bakery is EXTREMELY popular and always has a line so you end up waiting quite a bit to get your mug refilled. Just buy some bottles of coke to keep in the room and you are ready to go!

What view did you request? I prefer to be up on the top floors no matter which view you asked for. We had a standard view our first trip and it faced the front of the resort - but you could see the Illuminations fireworks every night and faintly hear the music.

The hallways are LONG! So if you think that will be an issue put in a request to be close to the elevators. We've managed to get all the way at the end of the hall - and yes it is a walk - but you are at Disney so who cares!

~Amanda

pianobabe
01-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for responding. I did call earlier this week to make a room request. Due to some slight mobility issues, I did request to be close to the elevators. Once we get closer to check in I will put in a more specific request, but the proximity to the elevator is most important. We usually fly down, so I forget about the Hess stations, but I will keep that in mind about the drinks.