PDA

View Full Version : Adult night out

DlandMommy
01-16-2009, 09:27 PM
We decided to fly a friend out to help with the kids for 3 nights while were there .Since she'll be there in the parks with us my fiance and I can get on rides together which will be awesome:thumbsup:My ?? is what is there to do at night after the parks close ? We would love to drink :marg::beer:and dance but is that an option?Is there anything off property we can take a cab too?Thanks for any help:D

DisneyTiff
01-16-2009, 10:47 PM
You might try the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is always fun. There's also the Atlantic Dance Hall.

mrsgaribaldi
01-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I've never been there but I've heard alot of good things about Jellyrolls and the Boardwalk area in general.:mickey:

MegPeg85
01-19-2009, 09:57 PM
My FAVORITE place is Jellyrolls! If you love music, I'm sure you'll like it. It's a dueling piano bar.

I've heard the Dance Hall is great too.

I recently went with friends to Disney. We spent one night in the West Side (in lieu of my usual visit at Adv Club :(). We had dinner at House of Blues (try a Blues Burger!) and then went to the bar at Bongo's. It was a neat bar! We had a really fun bartender there!

GoofTroop86
01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
I've only been to Jellyrolls once but it was great. It is now a must do on my future trips to WDW! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
01-22-2009, 01:51 PM
1) On-Site
. . . Jellyrolls (dueling pianos, lots of fun)
. . . Atlantic Dance (dance hall, not very good)
. . . Grand Floridan (quiet, serene chamber music)
. . . Scat Cat Llounge (POFQ, jazz and blues)
2) Off-Site
. . . Universal Citywalk (GREAT fun, several bars)
. . . Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-24-2009, 10:45 PM
CMs recommended Jelly Rolls when we asked where to go since PI closed. Unfortunately we never made it there though.

dmosher
01-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Personally I am not a fan of Dueling Pianos, so for me Jellyrolls is out. The Atlantic Dance Hall is great on the night s they do Swing and big-band, but the "club" music nights aren't my thing. Music over at House of Blues can be great or, we tend to just resort hop a bit, if you can work out the bus/transport services. Worst case scenario, each hotel has their own bar and if you are luck enough to be at WL, or a similar Deluxe resort (or PO resort which has it's own musician). the atmosphere and bar staff usually make a nice quiet drink out together a very memorable one. Also if you are at a decent resort, after parks close most parents put kids to bed, so the pools tend to be more adult friendly and quiet.
:pipes:
D

grumpydude
02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
The cool Piano Bar at Port Orleans Riverside, or Jelly Rolls.:beer: