PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question about DDP

emmatink
01-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Okay so I have searched and can not find the answer to this silly question. Can you purchase the DDP if you are a DVC member and staying at a timeshare on disney property. I have a friend who is using her sister's points for an upcoming trip and she asked me but I always stay at a resort and I am not familiar with DVC and how it works. Thanks!

DizneyRox
01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Yep, $39.99 for the standard dining plan, $29.99 for the QS dining plan. This is per person on the reservation per night, same rules as all the other resorts, everyone has to get it if anyone gets it.

BMan62
01-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I concur with the PP (DizneyRox)

We were just there 1/5 - 1/8 on rented DVC points and had no problem getting the DDP -- you just need to let them know when you book that you want it.

I'm sure I will be corrected on this next point, if I am wrong!! If DVC is like the regular resorts, you cannot decide when you get there and have them add it at registration time, you must let them know when you book.

DizneyRox
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I concur with the PP (DizneyRox)

We were just there 1/5 - 1/8 on rented DVC points and had no problem getting the DDP -- you just need to let them know when you book that you want it.

I'm sure I will be corrected on this next point, if I am wrong!! If DVC is like the regular resorts, you cannot decide when you get there and have them add it at registration time, you must let them know when you book.
Definitely BEFORE check-in, I forget what it is, I get confused between 48 hours and 10 days. Something tells me it's 48 hours for DVC. But again, I've got no interest in DDP so I really don't have much confidence in that answer.

TheRustyScupper
01-16-2009, 04:35 PM
1) First, there are no silly questions.
2) OK, so there are a few
. . . is the Earth really flat?
. . . what time is the 3:00 parade?
. . . is it a waste of time watching American Idol?
3) But, as for your question,
. . . yes, DVC members can get DDP when on points
. . . even those renting DVC points
. . . just order them 2-days in advance of check-in

Goes4FastPass
01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi! Points Renting is like Mary Poppins: Practically perfect in every way.

As previously stated DVC can DDP and it's AOK.

The DVC member (NOT the guest) needs to communicate the guests desire to purchase the DDP (and any DME info, bytheway) to DVC.

The guest can (must!) pay the DDP cost at check in and yes you must purchase the same number of days as your stay for all occupants.

Basically it's like this: ALL communication regarding the stay must be between the DVC member and DVC until the guest arrives at the resort. Then it's the guest's credit card, for example that is used for room charges etc.

jensantuit
01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
You can add on the dining plan up to 2 days before check in. If I understand correctly, if 1 person is on the dining plan, then everyone on the reservation has to have the dining plan also.

dmosher
01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree with the above posts, however there is one thing I would like to add. Make certain the DDP is for you and will actually help you financially. For us, the removal of tips and appetizers made it a questionable decision anyway.
Add to it that we would be pretty much forced to get dessert and the most expensive thing on the menu for it to be worth the money for us. Since prior to our trip we had decided to eat a little better this time it was a clear choice and when we added up the difference in our post trip excel document, we actually saved $$ and ate much better.
Add to THAT if you go to ANY buffets, the dining plan is NOT worth it. We did 2 this trip and that was another strike against it.

Keep in mind that we are 2 adults with no children, so that may change the outcome for you as well.
Take care and choose wisely,
:pipes:
D

DizneyRox
01-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Since prior to our trip we had decided to eat a little better this time it was a clear choice and when we added up the difference in our post trip excel document, we actually saved $$ and ate much better.
I'm glad to hear people are doing the ath and making good judgements. IMHO, the dining plans are not a value, never were. But, we all have our own definitions of value I guess.

Natazu
01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
. . . what time is the 3:00 parade?It depends on where you're standing.

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
We did this on our trip in 2007.
The only problem I had was I paid for the dining plan with a check and then gave the girl my Credit Card for room charges.
Anyway_long story short and 3 days of phone calls later-She charged my CC too.
The main problem we had was when it came time to handle all of the "refund" stuff we had to get the lady who we rented the points from to make all the phone calls to Disney. She was not very happy.
BTW-I also agree that the DDP was not for me.
That being said-we are trying the Quick service plan in a few weeks, but only because my Mom is taking all of us and she added it to the package. Now I KNOW that the QSDP is NOT a good deal!

jszczur5
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
It depends on where you're standing.

You stole that answer right out of my mouth!