PDA

View Full Version : Both Water Parks

Disney_Barbie
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
I recall many friends doing both waterparks in one day, espeically several years ago (before there was the Water Park & More option). So here's my question : At one point in disney history, did a waterpark ticket get you into both TL & BB that day or something? And it's not like that anymore right?
Sorry for my ignorance, but we've always had the WP&more option, this is the first year we won't. I'm trying do decide between the 2 water parks, and thought it wouldn't hurt to double check.

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't remember it ever getting you into both parks, but perhaps someone else does. And, a single day water park admission definitely does not get you into both now.

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 05:18 PM
That was the deluxe park hoppers(I think that is what they were called). We did that in 2001. We actually skipped a day at the parks and went to both water parks, Disney Quest and then Pleasure Island all in one day.

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
We actually skipped a day at the parks and went to both water parks, Disney Quest and then Pleasure Island all in one day.
how did you manage that?
i was so tired after one water park!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Iluvpooh
01-25-2009, 10:38 PM
It was our next to last day there and mostly it was just to say we had gone. We barely did anything but go in except for Disney Quest-we spent several hours there. It had just opened.

BMan62
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
In 2003, our first trip, we got something called an Ultimate Park Hopper pass. This supposedly got us into anything on property - PI, DQ, TL, BB, all 4 parks. We only used it for the parks and one or two visits to DQ.

Iluvpooh
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes-That is what they were called-Did you book with an American Express card? For some reason I think they were only part of AE packages.
I do know that they were the first tickets for WDW that I ever knew of to expire!! I remember they expired at midnight on the night you checked out of the resort. I had been to WDW several times before and had lots of leftover days on tickets and was very upset that the 2 days I had left on these expired.
I guess I didn't see ALL WDW tickets expiring in the future. DUH!

BMan62
01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Our 2003 trip was the only one we booked through AAA. No, we didn't have a American Express card. Never wanted to pay yearly fees just to hold a card.

Iluvpooh
01-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Luckily, not my card:thumbsup: My father in law owns his own business and we would cash in his points for Disney vacations back when American Express was the "official" card of WDW.:cloud9: Luckily he put lots on the card because 6 days at a moderate resort was around 20,000 points!!
Now he and my mother in law go on a cruise every year. :(
I do wish they still had those tickets it seems like a "cheaper" version of MYW after all the add ons, but I guess if all you want is base tickets then MYW is better for those guests.