PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fish - It Doesn't Disappoint

Maleficent's Dad
01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Just got back from the Marathon Weekend. Nice weather, great time, the usual stuff! :mickey:

I had what was perhaps one of the best meals of my life at Flying Fish on Thursday, January 8.

I've come to learn that when dining at the FF, if there is a "special" on the menu (something not ordinarily there), ORDER IT! This has been the case with me a few times - and the specials have never disappointed.

We had a party of 5 - DW, my FIL, DS, DD, and yours truly. Our ressie was for 5:40 PM. We walked in and were seated pretty quickly. It wasn't that busy - yet!

FIL imbibed on a nice Merlot, while DW and I carbed up a bit with some barley and hops in preparation for the weekend.

Appetizers: Crab cake for me - I've had this before and it didn't disappoint.
DW enjoyed the calamari - incredibly tender with a fantastic sauce on the side that added much spice. FIL shared the calamari.

The main course - my FIL enjoyed a salmon dish which was supposed to be served over sauerkraut-brandade torta, chard, haricot vert, vermouth-golden raisin caper butter emulsion (whatever all that means!!!). He requested the fish served like the NY Strip - with roasted potatoes. Of course they happily accomodated him - he was thrilled. Salmon was cooked medium, and was perfectly done.

Now for the meal of the year (decade?)...
DW and I both enjoyed a special "Gold Thunder" Tilefish. Absolutely the best meal I've ever had the pleasure of consuming at the FF (and I've had a few). It was one of the best I've ever had at Disney (and that includes Cali Grill and V&A meals). The fish was perfectly cooked, the accompaniments enhanced the meal, and to be honest, I was so thrilled by the dish, I didn't take note as to the exact description. I only wish that I grabbed the menu and took better notes.

So to make a long post longer, if you are a bit adventurous, enjoy fish, and find yourself at the FF - order the chef's special. It will rarely disappoint! :thumbsup:

(Oh yeah - the kids ate too. Kid salad and pasta... usual stuff!)

PetefromRI
01-15-2009, 08:24 PM
We also had a wonderful meal at the FF in September.We both had the Red Snapper after hearing so much about it .We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will eat there again.We also loved the ambience of the room and our waiter Gary was awesome.Can't wait to go back!

Crow
01-16-2009, 01:08 AM
I had the special last trip which was great & had the snapper on a previous trip, also great. Im going to WDW in April...the problem being Ill be w the nephews and they dont eat fish I dont think....so will have to decide whether to go
glad you had a great meal

Natazu
01-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Sounds good Frank. I'll give them a try.
:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
01-16-2009, 10:17 AM
We had a wonderful meal there in Dec. Great service and super food what more could you want.:cloud9:
A note to Crow - I had an excellent steak at Flying Fish Cafe.:thumbsup:

prttynpnk
01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
oh great! FF is on our june trip list. Thanks for the positives!

pdrlkr
01-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

Gracie'sMom
01-16-2009, 07:13 PM
:mickey:Couldn't agree more. Even for picky eaters FF is fabulous.

Maleficent's Dad
01-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Sounds good Frank. I'll give them a try.
:thumbsup:
:funny:

You crack me up, Jym. Really. :haha:

Crow
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
:funny:

You crack me up, Jym. Really. :haha:

You mean you havent tried it yet Jym?

dtootsie42
01-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the review. They food sounds simply yummy!