PDA

View Full Version : JRKCR and her family - update

Diznee4Me
01-15-2009, 07:40 AM
I am going out on a limb and posting about JRKCR's DD and her heart procedure yesterday. JRKCR may post herself at some point but I decided to let y'all know that she called us last night and said the procedure went well and the doctor said all looked good.

Great news G family and :thumbsup: Kat.

They are good people! :D

Time to plan another vacation!!!!!

SBETigg
01-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Best wishes for the family! I'm so glad that things are looking good. Thanks for the update.

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Very glad to hear the procedure went well! :thumbsup:

Lots of :pixie: on the way for a full and speedy recovery!

crazypoohbear
01-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Good News!
Thank God everything went well for all concerned.

jrkcr
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks Diznee for updating everyone while I was away. It was a thirteen hour day at the hospital! Kat did really great, and the ablation went very fast. Her Dr (Dr Law) flew in from Iowa that morning, with his team of people, and also his surgeon who had done an ablation on Dr Law last June-they all worked on Kat! She had 3 Dr's working on her heart. And the nurses we had all day were so nice and caring and knowledgeable! We were really blessed to be surrounded by these people! She had 2 catheters in each leg, and they froze her pathway. Then she had to lay completely still for 6 hours and when she finally got up, her vein leaked all over and she had to have pressure on her leg for 30 minutes, and back to laying still for another 3 hours. So she was restless and bored, and that leg bleeding out like that scared me to pieces! She and I had walked into the bathroom about 20 feet from her bed, and she would have fallen passed out on the floor but I held her and called the nurse who immediately grabbed her vein and held her up with me. What a scare!! But after those extra 3 hours back in bed, she was eating and feeling all better, so when she got up she didn't bleed and she was ready to go. We got to bed about midnight.
Thanks to everyone for your pixie dust and well wishes!!
And we stayed at the Ronald McDonald house here in Vegas, and those people are so caring and helpful!! :thumbsup:
And as Dr LAw said as he left, we hope to never see him again!! Kat is feeling completely normal, no heart palpitations at all, no funny feelings in her chest-nothing!
So tonight, we're hitting the Vegas strip to see the Belagio water fountains, and the sinking pirate ship, and the gondola rides at the Venetian...:party2:

Magic Smiles
01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Wonderful news! :doctor: As Dr Law said, Hope you never see him again!

WDWFanatic
01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
What great news! We are so happy for your family. Best of luck for a continued great recovery.

mrsgaribaldi
01-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm glad to hear it went well. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

pianobabe
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
That is wonderful news.:thumbsup:

Melanie
01-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Great news! :party2:

magicofdisney
01-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Fantastic News! :)

RedSoxFan
01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Wonderful news. Glad everything worked out.