PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishment Information?

DryCreek
01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Where can I find reliable information on which attractions/rides will be in refurb during Feb 1- 7? The reason I am asking is because another site is posting that the Fountain of Nations in EPCOT has been walled off and work seems to be in progress. I would really hate to miss the light/water show at night during this visit.

Anyway, I looked on the Official Disney World site and couldn't find that information. I know it used to be there, or so I thought......

Strmchsr
01-14-2009, 06:47 PM
You can check Info Central here at Intercot and get a very reliable list of refurbs and closing. All our info comes straight from Disney and so doesn't get confusing with rumors and speculations. WDW doesn't release info on something like the Fountain of Nations (hence the reason it's not on their site) since it's not really a ride. They drained it while I was down there last week, which they almost always do during the first week or two of January, but it's unusual to put walls up. Maybe they''re doing something extra this time. Anyway, no official time frame on how long it'll be down, but it's usually not more than a week or two.

Figment!
01-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Construction permits were recently filed with the county to conduct a refurbishment of the fountain, but no timetable was listed.

As Chris mentioned above, once refurbishment dates have been confirmed through the Walt Disney World resort, they will be posted in INTERCOT info Central.