PDA

View Full Version : First Time At CBR

StLouisPaPa
01-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone,

It will be our first time at CBR. I am reading a lot about the importance of where your room is located. I did not pay for a premium for the close in islands. Should I make a request for a particalr building? It seems that Jamaica gets lots of positive comments. Thank You.

CleveRocks
01-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Jamaica and Aruba are mirror-images of each other, in that they are both at the base of the bridge that crosses the lake (one end is the Aruba-Jamaica border, the other end is Old Port Royale, the complex with the food court, main pool, etc.). The closest buildings to the bridge are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51.

The non-preferred location buildings of Martinique are probably the same distance to OPR as Aruba and Jamaica; it depends if you like the idea of walking across the lake on two bridges (there's a little island in between) or walking on the paved path along the lake from the farther buildings of Martinique (half of Martinique is preferred location, half is not).

Scott C
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
It can be a bit of a walk to the food court and the feature pool -- but the bus stops are spread out pretty well. It might be nice to be closer -- but I would not stress about it -- it is not that bad -- unless you have young children or other issues.

Enjoy your stay

Sure is cold here in Sou Indiana

Thanks
Scott C

StLouisPaPa
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I'll put in a request for Jamaica. My wife and I go there every Dec so it might be a fun thing.

As far as busses - do I need to do some research before we leave or do the signs make it easy enough to know what to do? Do they get you from resort-to-park and park-to-park easily? I have read mixed reviews. Thanks.

The Arctic balst is coming throught St. louis right now. It's dropped about 20deg since this morning.

RedSoxFan
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
We stayed in Barbados, bldg 11. It was a walk to the food court; but it really wasn't that bad. We had requested Jamaica 45; but didn't get it. It's a lovely resort and you'll enjoy it. My kids loved the pool.

beksy
01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
We were in Aruba which is next to Jamaica and loved it! We didn't have a view of anything but our room was centrally located to the bus stop, quiet pool, and the path that goes to the bridge to the food court. The quiet pools were nice with hardly anyone else there and we saw ducks using them in the mornings! It was very pleasant and beautiful walking around the resort and we loved the bridge and island to the food court. There is also an internal bus if you don't feel like walking (and just a note--this is the ONLY bus that goes to the lobby building. I learned that one the hard way!). We never had any problems with the buses and it was our first time staying on property. The bus says where it is going when it pulls in so you know which one to use from the resort and then at each park there are big signs that give each resort a number which is spot where your bus will come to. We also enjoyed taking a bus to Epcot and riding the monorail to the MK but it takes some extra time. Have a great trip!

Cinderelley
01-15-2009, 02:38 AM
We stayed at CBR in Jamaica. I did not like the resort, but I did enjoy being able to see the fireworks (Illuminations if I remember correctly) just over the trees from our section.

BraddyB
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Just stayed in Jamaica in October, We loved it there. Its a little walk to Old Port Royale but really gave you time to soak the resort in. Nice thing was most of the time it was the first stop on the way back from resorts. I think it was the last from Magic Kingdon though. I wouldnt have traded it. I should also have some pics of the place if you would like to see it, just drop me a pm

luvmyboys4ever
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
It's a beautiful resort. We just loved the relaxed feeling and the sounds the warm breezes brought with them. I'm glad it was our first experience with a Disney resort. Believe me, if CSR was the first, of our Disney stays, it would have been our last :( We would go back, but we like to sample. Enjoy your stay :)

AuntieJenny
01-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Do you mind telling me what the issue(s) were with CSR?

That was one of our consideration choices and Im curious what made your stay there so bad? :ack:

Thanks!
Jenny

CleveRocks
01-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Do you mind telling me what the issue(s) were with CSR?

That was one of our consideration choices and Im curious what made your stay there so bad? :ack:

Thanks!
JennyI'm not the person you asked, but still I feel I can jump in here.

All 4 Moderate resorts have pretty much the same amenities at the same price. The differences among the four of them are pretty much just the THEMING of the resort. If someone had a problem with bad housekeeping or bad service or something like that, that's something that can happen anywhere.

I've never stayed at CSR, but I've never heard of any awful problems there that are a result of the place itself (as opposed to an isolated incident when a cast member didn't do his or her job correctly, or there was just some sort of unfortunate but irregular circumstance).

I've stayed at CBR (twice) and POFQ (once), and I had a reservation at CSR for three weeks from now until the big Buy 4 Get 3 Free promo came out, and I switched to Polynesian. In other words, I can't think of any reason you'd want to avoid CSR, if you know what I mean.

Like I said, it all comes down to theming.