PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash??

jpmsrivers
01-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me more information on the Block Party Bash...Does it stop? If so, where should you sit so you can participate?

Thanks for your help!

DDuck66
01-14-2009, 09:19 AM
The block party is divided into 3 sections and it stops twice. We have watched it from the end of the street near the garage and at the benches at the corner where you turn to go down to TOT. I believe the three sections are Toy Story, Bug's Life, and Monster's Inc. You really need to watch it several times as each section is slightly different.

biodtl
01-14-2009, 11:43 AM
We sat in the area across from and a little past sounds dangerous. We were actually sitting along the area where the road is closed for the parade. They stopped right in front of us and my daughter got to participate in both the pre-parade fun and dance with the parade performers.

KAJUNKING
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
we are looking forward to seeing this on our trip in september, is it a lot better than the previous parade?

MOJoe
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
we are looking forward to seeing this on our trip in september, is it a lot better than the previous parade?

The Bash is not really a parade, although it is laid out like one. It is supposed to be an interactive party where the characters invite you to yell, jump and dance. Many people seem to be bewildered by this, as they are expecting a parade, which is a passive event to be viewed. But to really enjoy the Bash, you should try to take part in the fun, and not just watch.
I'm not a big fan of parades, but i enjoy the Block Party. Many parade devotees don't seem to care for it. My suggestion is to get close to the action and have fun!

jpmsrivers
01-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info...I will miss the parade, but I do look forward to seeing what this is all about. NOt to mention we love to interact and just have fun.

joanna71985
01-14-2009, 05:35 PM
There are 3 units in the parade, and they make 2 stops. The stops are:
Stop 1
Toy Story- In front of the Hat (right side, facing the Hat)
Monsters Inc- Right past the tipboard/water fountain
Bug's Life- Right before the round kiosk shop in the front of the park

Stop 2
Toy Story- Right before Sounds Dangerous
Monsters Inc- Right in front of the American Idol theater (with the steps)
Bug's Life- In front of the Hat (left side, if facing the Hat)

Make sure you are in one of the zones during the parade. If you aren't, you won't see anything of the parade at all (just the floats driving by, and the performers waving).

jpmsrivers
01-15-2009, 09:12 AM
That is just what I needed to know. Thanks so much for all of the help! :mickey: