PDA

View Full Version : ? about squash soup at Wolfgang Puck Express

simpleyred
01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I know this is an odd question but does anybody know if the Butternut Squash Soup served at Wolfgang Puck Express contains heavy cream? I've never tried it and it sounds yummy. Thanks :mickey:

Next trip-Feb.7-13, 2009 POFQ

SBETigg
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I haven't tried this but I have seen a recipe for a butternut squash soup from chef Wolfgang Puck and that does contain a small amount of heavy cream and also some butter. Most of the richness comes from the vegetables and other ingredients pureed together, but there is heavy cream listed in the recipes I've seen (again, not necessarily of this soup in particular). He listed the cream as optional. It's entirely possible that it was left out of the restaurant's version.

Your best bet would be to call the restaurant and ask them, especially if there's an allergy involved.

TheDuckRocks
01-13-2009, 03:55 PM
When we were there last month my DH got the squash soup at Wolfie's and it looked and tasted like it had heavy cream in it and the receipt I have lists it as an ingredient. They are also very good about asking every table about any allergies and the chef comes out to talk to you if you have one. (Yeah, I took a couple of tastes of his in exchange for some of my artichoke and 5 cheese dip.)

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2009, 07:31 PM
It sure does have heavy cream. I was given the recipe and it tastes as rich as all the ingredients sound!!! I love this soup, but after eating it, I did not have room for a bite more. This soup can be eaten as an entree and its plenty.

Natazu
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
At the restaurants yes. In the recipe, the cream is an optional ingredient.