PDA

View Full Version : i just need to talk..

DizNee143
01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
first off..today is my birthday..(about the only nice/good thing going on lately)

first my truck kept giving me problems (i had posted a thread about it last week)..i ended up just getting a new truck..paying about 30 bucks more a month for it..and it may only be "30 bucks" but its really stretching it for us with money...
our carpet in our condo was badly umm i guess damage from our dog doing her business inside..so we went out and spent about 500 bucks on new flooring..and lots of time to get our dog to understand she is suppose to ALWAYS do her business outside..
and now my hubby hasnt worked in 3 nights..he is a truck driver..and and works nights...they havent needed him...things are really slow..i work for the same company (nemf)..and things just keep going down hill..until things are steady for the company he has to call 2 hours before his start time to see if he even has work..how do they expect him to live..not knowing if he has work or not!?!?!
we are sooo not gonna be able to make our mortgage payment this month..let alone the other bills we have to pay also..
he use to have his friend to fall back on to work under the table when he wouldnt have work with nemf..but his friend is in construstion and that is also kinda slow...
i hate this..so much is going wrong..there are even a few other little minor things going on and it just keeps adding up...when is it gonna give...i swear nothing is ever good for us longer than a few days..if we didnt have bad luck we would have no luck at all...
im trying to stay positive and be upbeat..but its so hard..when it seems like every day something else happens...
sorry if i bore some of you and sound like im complaining and you dont wanna hear it..but i just need to get it off my chest...
i wish i was 5 again when life was fun and easy..
(thats another thing we were hoping to try for a baby this year..but we can barely stay afloat with just us two..)

Kairi_7378
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time! I can't really give advice about dog training and your DH's job... but I'm sending some positive thoughts in teh hopes that things pick up for you soon. I know that with the economy the way it is now, it is hard to keep a positive spin on things, especially when you have unplanned expenses.

(I hope that something positive comes your way today, since it's your birthday :-) )

Pagan
01-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow...sorry for all the trouble you're having. Just keep telling yourself the same thing I do when things get out of hand...every day ABOVE ground is a good one.

And happy birthday!

goofy for pluto
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Happy Birthday!!

:party: :wishes: :party:

I am sorry to hear that you are having money problems. It seems a lot of folks are having them now.Try to stay positive, this time of year is hard for a lot of people.

Pixie dust is on its way,:magic:
along with my wish for you of Peace, Joy and Happiness in the coming year!

ibrowse17
01-13-2009, 01:48 PM
While it may feel like it, you are not alone. Many of us are going through tough times right now, but do not let it control you. I know what you are feeling, as my DW lost her job in May. While she has started back going to college we only have my income to get by on, which does force changes in our life. I know if feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, but together we will share the load. Go find something that makes you smile, and think about it each day:thumbsup:

:party: Happy Birthday:party:

DisneyDog
01-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear about everything that is going on in your life. That's a shame that you had to get new flooring now when you didn't have the funds for it. I understand. We had to buy new furniture last year when our cat (former) used it as a litter box :(

I definitely recommend crate training your dog so that you can avoid that problem in the future. It's worth it. Just be consistent and take him out every time immediately when he's released from his crate.

Ian
01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I can definitely sympathize with the animal issue. Our finished basement is currently completely uninhabitable because our cat has inexplicably decided it's his own personal litter box. To say it stinks down there would be an understatement of epic proportions.

As far as the rest goes, I'm sure this is small comfort but you are most definitely not alone. Economically this is as tough a time as our country has seen in 75 years. The only thing I can say is that history tells us, this too shall pass. The economy is cyclical and, as much as people don't want to hear it, downturns like this are inevitable. You just have to plan accordingly and try to weather the storm as best you can.

One very important thing for you in regards to the mortgage, though!

I worked in the mortgage industry for 6 years and I can't stress this enough ... if you are truly going to miss your monthly payment call the mortgage company right now!! Trust me ... in this market they will absolutely understand and work with you. They might even let you skip the payment completely, but you have to communicate with them early and often.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't skip the payment without letting them know. You will put yourselves in a very bad situation.

vicster
01-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Happy Birthday!!! Things are tough all over for a lot of people so you're not alone. I'm sick to my stomach every day when I see all the foreclosures in the newspaper and I wonder where people will go. I'm praying for everyone that this economy picks up! Be glad you woke up this morning and you have your health. There's always someone worse off than you are.

Tinkerfreak
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
First of all don't ever feel like you are boring us or complaining. We have all been on here venting about one bad situation or another. If we did not want to listen we would not have opened the post. Sometimes you just need to vent and let it all out. It can be easier with stangers because you may not want to complain to loved ones and make them feel more anxious or guilty or whatever.
I hope that things look up for you soon. I know all too well about pet damage. We moved into a brand new house that DH spent 3 years building and my cat started urinating on the rugs. Thousands of dollars later and she was still doing it so I had to make that really tough choice.
Please keep us updated on how you are doing and just know that you are not alone. Feel free to complain all you want.:)

Jeri Lynn
01-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Brittany,
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:party:

I'm sorry things are going well right now. And I know at times like this it's hard to see the bright side. Keep thinking positive and eventually things will turn around!!

beksy
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
First off, Happy Birthday! I sympathize with you with all of the money problems as someone relying on student aid and fortunately the generosity of a family member when things get really tough. Hang in there. As we like to say in my family, "Things have to get better...it doesn't seem like they could get much worse!" and hopefully they will get better. Sending happy thoughts your way. As a pp said, feel free to vent anytime you want. It does help to get it off your chest and is easier to tell to people who don't know you. Intercot for me is more than just a Disney site, it's become a place with friends.

Magic Smiles
01-14-2009, 07:01 AM
I was just saying to DH the other day that people are really going to have to start changing their lifestyles, which I feel will include families going back to one income households. That is what I grew up in and we did fine. No we didn't have everything, but we never went without the necessities. Do we really need all of these BIG screen TVs, electronic gadgets and new vehicles. You get the point. We do however need the essentials which would include a mortgage / rent and money to feed and cloth ourselves. Most of us now need to prioritize what are necessities and what are luxuries.

Dznygrl79
01-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this, but you are not alone! My hubby was just told his store will be closing on the next few weeks and there is no oppertunity to tranfer in the company. Stay calm gather all your bills and call your mortgage company. They can sometimes work out a moritorium on your mortgage. What this will do is give you a period of time where they suspend your payment and then you can rework out payments after the time period is up.

I send you much in the way of prayers its a tough time for us all.

Here we go again...
01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
First off, Happy Birthday!!

I am sorry to hear about your financial problems. I know we have all had to cut back.
As Ian said, history will repeat itself and things will get better. Call your mortgage company! They will understand. They would rather work with you on a payment than have to deal with another foreclosure.

Just remember, things have to get better.
Never say they can not get worse, because they can... from where you are now, they can. Just remember, things will get better!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I am sorry to hear about your bad luck..As far as the mortgage is concerned, Ian has hit the nail right on the head. I am employed by a bank, and we have a "Foreclosure Moratorium" in which clients who hold mortgages with us are given the opportunity to work out repayment plans to avoid any foreclosure problems which may occur due to non-payment. As long as a client is showing good faith in attempting to pay their mortgage or is willing to put a plan in place, most banks/mortgage companies will work with you. The last thing they want to do is put you in a bigger bind with a forclosure. It's not good for the bank or you. Contact your mortgage company asap...good luck and God bless..

Patty
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I can't add anything more than everyone else already has, Just want to let you know there is another person pulling for you. I am in a very similar place right now and everytime things move forward, they have started to move back also. I have to believe things will get better and I also am trying very hard to stay upbeat. I know sometimes it is easier to say than to do. Keep your chin up, call your mortgage company and know that your friends here are wishing the best for you.

handmaidenofprincesses
01-14-2009, 10:49 PM
:pixie: :pixie: Prayers and pixie dust headed your way! Things will get better, you just have to get through this first, you'll see.

Oh, and btw...

:birthday:

DizNee143
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM
thank you all so much for the advice and well wishes...do last night marked a whole week that my hubby hasnt worked..i cant believe it..they should jsut lay him off..obivously they dont have work for him..out of the 10 night time drivers for his terminal only 2-3 guys have been going out a night!!
hes going today to unemployement..and see about getting partial unemployment..at least that will be some kind of income..
i wish things would just get better already...how bad does life really have to get for us?!?!

princessgirls
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I hope things turn around for you guys Brittany.

Remember this... Your Health is your Wealth, and everything else can be dealt with.

Keep your faith strong and your spirits up!

Hang in there.

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Remember this... Your Health is your Wealth, and everything else can be dealt with.

i really like that quote/saying...
thanx..:)

Magic Smiles
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM

:mickey:

i really like that quote/saying...
thanx..:)

I was just about to say GREAT quote. Something we tend to forget.

DisneyTiff
01-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Happy Birthday!

I really hope things get better for you. Try to keep a positive attitude.

SandmanGStefani24
01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
i won't bore you with the problems i've had in the past, but I will say that every day you wake up you have the chance to start over and go at things again. Every day is not going to be a winner. You win some, you lose some. In this case though, the battle isn't measured in number of victories, but in the battle itself. Getting up every day to fight another day. For yourself, for your family, for those who care, you keep fighting even when all seems lost. It will get better. It always does. Things do get worse before they get better, so just weather the storm and use us to lean on. Good luck, and btw, intercot is a GREAT place to forget your troubles for a while! It got me through some tough times, and hope it does the same for you.
:thumbsup:

offwego
01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Brittany, a happy Belated Birthday!!

I'm sure your going to contact your mortgage company already but have you and your DH sat down and done a formal budget ever? With a plan for income and expenses including all your normal expenses and emergency funds? (if you haven't thats ok but it's not to late at all to get started)
Since you traded in one truck already can you still trade this one in for something smaller and cheaper? Are there any other things either of you could do to earn some extra dollars? Could you get a part time job waiting tables or something? Ebay anything?

Sometimes the things we don't enjoy can be the best learning experiences and we are all wishing some good luck for you and your dh!
(my step dad works in trucking as well, for years now my mom has budgeted on the idea he works 4 days a work all year with no OT to even out for the slow weeks/days so far that plan is still working and has created a goodly emergency fund to see them through should it get worse then that)

DizNee143
01-26-2009, 12:56 PM
offwego -we have never done the whole budget thing..basically because we know we live paycheck by paycheck..and barely ever buy anything not needed...trading this truck in would be hard..i havent even made my first payment yet..and we got this truck pretty cheap..payments are a bit more but not to bad...i havent called the mortgage company..only cuz some how he skimmed by this month..i will be paying our mortgage and association fee tomorrow..and by next week with those paychecks we can pay his truck..after that im not sure..but we will take it day by day..

things started looking good for 3 days..he had worked driving the truck and even managed a day with his friend doing construction...and then on friday he was laid off!!
we knew it would happen..one day..
so he has already filed for unemployment..and is trying to pick up side jobs while trying to find himself a new job..
i have to say i am happy hes not just sitting at home..hes working with his friend today doing construction..and there are a few possible side jobs for him..im so happy he is soooo handy!! lol..hopefully he finds a steady stable job soon...and i hope it will only get better from here!! im gonna go out this week and try getting a part time job...every little bit will help!
thank you again for being here...you guys really do make a difference!!!

offwego
01-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Brittany, living paycheque to paycheque is the best possible reason to do a budget, it may seem not to be the case but it's crucial trust me.

It will not only show you where some of the money is going that you don't realize but help you plan for when (and good for you making the mortgage payment!)

as to the layoff hugs and good wishes for a full time job and glad he's doing something in the meantime.

Do reconsider the truck if you can, if there are cheaper smaller choices that would be less on gas this may be the time to do that (cars are the most expensive wasteful purchase we ever make..it's a reality that the moment we drive them off the lot we lose a substantial percentage and North Americans don't generally keep them into the years where it pays back after it's been paid off and no longer has a payment something we would never think of doing with a house or even clothes..imagine throwing everything out once you paid your credit card off every month!?!)