PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Character Dining

aelander
01-13-2009, 12:17 PM
We just booked our 2nd trip to Disney World yesterday. We will be in Disney for my sons birthday which makes it even more special. On our first trip to Disney we did a few of the Character Dining experiences. We ate at Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Restaurantosaurus and we also went to the Hoop De Doo Musical Review. Now that I am in the middle of planning our 2nd trip, I was wondering what are your favorite Character Dining experiences? My son will be turning 6 the 2nd day of our trip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :mickey:

DumboMom
01-13-2009, 12:45 PM
My favorite was Chef Mickey. I think kids of all ages enjoy this one:mickey:

cardinalsfan_98
01-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Garden Grill at the Land is awesome! Chip, Dale, Mickey & Pluto are there. The dining room slowly revolves, so it makes it a unique experience. btw, welcome to Intercot!:congrats:

joanna71985
01-13-2009, 01:45 PM
My favorites include CRT (I eat there every year for my birthday), Tusker House, and 1900 Park Fare dinner.

disneyfan328
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
I definetly liked Chef Mickeys - breakfast there was awesome. we like Crystal Palace as well.

I loved the atmosphere at Liberty Tree Tavern, but sadly this is no longer a character dinner.

Also a PP menioned the Garden Grill at the land and I thought that one was no longer a character meal as well? I am sure someone will come along and confirm or correct me.

stitchaholic
01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
hands down the "best friends breakfast" at ohana's featuring lilo and stitch,however there are other characters there as well,pluto,goofy and a few others.
the parade around the restaurant makes it special and different,they give the kids maraccas and have them follow lilo and stitch around the restaurant playing them,alot of fun!

joanna71985
01-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I definetly liked Chef Mickeys - breakfast there was awesome. we like Crystal Palace as well.

I loved the atmosphere at Liberty Tree Tavern, but sadly this is no longer a character dinner.

Also a PP menioned the Garden Grill at the land and I thought that one was no longer a character meal as well? I am sure someone will come along and confirm or correct me.

The characters are still at dinner for GG.

DDuck66
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Mine is Donald's Tusker House Breakfast and my DW is partial to any of the meals at 1900 Park Fair. It used to be LTT, but that is a gripe for another post!!!

handmaidenofprincesses
01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
I just tried Garden Grill for the first time and it is hands down my new favorite character dining! The only problem might be flexibility- I believe it only does a dinner service now. However, it was a lot of fun and the food was absolutely delicious!

I also really enjoyed Cinderella's Royal Table (especially when sitting by the windows- we could see all of Fantasyland!) and Crystal Palace for dinner, though I found CP's breakfast disappointing.

Beast_fanatic
01-14-2009, 04:28 PM
We had a very good experience at Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom for breakfast in December. Characters there are Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy.

We also enjoy breakfast at Crystal Palace. Characters there are Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.

g8rgirl29
01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
My favorite was LTT:(!! So my second runner up is Akershus in EPCOT.

pluto 77
01-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Our favorite would have to be Donalds Breakfast at the Tusker House! It was really very good! Our second would be Chef Mickey's. Character interaction at both is very good, but Tusker just had better food, IMHO.

Natazu
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
We had a very good experience at Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom for breakfast in December. Characters there are Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy.

We also enjoy breakfast at Crystal Palace. Characters there are Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.
I agree. Both of these have great character interaction and good food (even though nobody invited me to see Donald in December).

mouseketeer mom
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Chef Mickeys is just fantastic. Great energy!

Rhetoric2000
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Got to go for 1900 Park Fare. The face characters are tremendously performed, with the evil stepfamily a hoot.

Tink#64
01-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I see many of you say Chef Mickeys, do you prefer breakfast or dinner? I tried to get us adr's for our first trip 7 years ago & there was nothing available at all! We ended up doing breakfast at Hollywood & Vine & that was alot of fun, DS's were 4 & 6 then. We've not done another character meal since, the DS's always say that they aren't interested. Now they are 11 & 13 & I still want to experience CM's, I think DS's will still enjoy, so I've made adr's for both breakfast & dinner during our trip this summer. We will have to choose one or the other & cancel one of them, but I'm having trouble deciding which one would be better. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks! :mickey:

luvmyboys4ever
01-15-2009, 12:45 AM
It was Liberty Tree Tavern :( 6x and every time was maical :cloud9:
O'Hana is now:number1:

jonahbear2006
01-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Got to go for 1900 Park Fare. The face characters are tremendously performed, with the evil stepfamily a hoot.

I second this! It is hilarious and so much better than ANYTHING in a costume!!! I got my 2 yr old to take pics with all of them and they were all very playful so he had this fiesty look in his pics, except with the stern stepmother, he has this wrinkled nose and scowl on his face hahahaha. It was fabulous!!! And NO WHERE else can you run into Prince Charming and this is definitely a change for the boys AND girls!! they both enjoyed having him around. Also, I think Grandfloridian spends a good amount of time trying to impress. The food is amazing, esp. the strawberry soup!!! The miniature desserts are divine and nowhere else have we had a character buffet that has tasted like the food was NOT buffet food. Everything tasted very gourmet-esh.

CzepielCrew
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
My boys were 6 when we went to Disney in 2007. Their favorite meal was at Chef Mickey's! They enjoyed the Playhouse Disney Meal also at Table and Vine.

pamickeys
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
the land is the best, we couldn't get the characters to leave us alone. the food was also great.

dolphinmickey9170
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
We have many favorites-

Chef Mickey's is awesome for breakfast, still haven't made it for dinner yet, but this next trip we will.

O'Hana with Lilo and Stitch is fabulous.

Garden Grill rocks.

1900 Park Fare is totally cool. I love the evil characters. We brough a stuffed Mickey mouse with us, he sat on the table, and the step sisters freaked out.....a mouse in my tcup!!

CRT is totally worth every cent to us!!

Can you tell we love many things?

Mickey91
01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Chef Mickey's - breakfast
Garden Grill - dinner
1900 Park Fare - dinner

yjgirl32
01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I didn't have a bad experience with any of the character dinings- my favorite was LTT- which will be missed. My next choice would have been the CRT- but since it's a boy- I would say Chef Mickey's.

tannermansmom
01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Our favorite character meal has to be Chef Mickey's. Our son was 2 when we visited last May and Chef Mickey's brought the biggest smile to his face out of the four character meals we ate at. We are making it our little family tradition to eat at Chef Mickey's the first night we arrive on our vacation. We think it is a great way to start our vacation.