PDA

View Full Version : Park ticket needed for child turning 3 during WDW trip?

rmfreder
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm hoping someone else has had a similar situation. We will be going to WDW next January for my son's 3-year birthday. He will not be 3 when we begin our vacation, however he will turn 3 while we are there. What is the park ticket policy for something like this? Will we be able to get by without purchasing him a park ticket since he will be 2 upon arrival or will we have to buy him a park ticket on his 3rd birthday for the remainder of our vacation?

Ian
01-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. I think you're fine not getting him a ticket. I'm quite certain they go by the age when the trip begins.

tink179
01-13-2009, 12:11 PM
My dd will turn 3 on our trip next week and we booked through MJ and she will be free. :mickey: Yes, one more time!! ;) Happy planning!!!

DumboMom
01-13-2009, 12:41 PM
My son turned three on our last trip and when I asked the operator they said they observe the age of when they arrived. So you are good. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
The posters above are 100%...since your son turns 3 during the trip he'll be considered "2" for the entire trip.

The same thing happened on our last trip, when my DD turned 10 during the trip, so she was able to use her child ticket for the entire trip. :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
01-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I agree with all of the above. It is OFFICIAL DISNEY POLICY that the person's age during the entire trip is determined by the person's age on the first day of the trip.

You are NOT "getting away with anything" or doing anything wrong by bringing your child into the parks for free even after the child's 3rd birthday, as long as you arrived before the child's 3rd birthday.

rmfreder
01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks to everyone for responding! This is what I was hoping was the case, as it will help to save a little bit of money on the trip! We're almost less than 1 year away from our next WDW trip....I hope it goes by fast! :mickey: