PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else own a Mustang?

Pagan
01-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Just curious...

I have an '06 GT that's worked to the gills, and I was wondering if anyone else shares that passion.

I've come to realize that Stang owners are a different breed. :yes:

ibrowse17
01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
My first car was a 1966 Pony car, which has been in the family now since 1984. I also had a 1983 GT that I drove in college, and a 1990 LX convertible with the 5.0 that I bought when I graduated from college. I drive SUV's now, but still enjoy the '66 when ever I am at my parents:thumbsup:

Pagan
01-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Sweet...love the '66. Can't beat the classics.

Mine's on it's way to JDM Engineering in New Jersey to have the new Roush TVS blower installed.

500 ponies at the rear wheels. :thedolls:

DizneyRox
01-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I have a '65 here. Loads of fun not having to deal with all the emission control stuff!

SurferStitch
01-13-2009, 12:23 PM
My brother has a stock '89 GT, black. Bought it brand new.

No mods.....completely stock. Looks beautiful.

I'm a Camaro girl, though....2002 Bright Rally Red SS! :thumbsup:

ll MaJiK ll
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
My brother has a 2000 GT supercharged and it's beautiful. He did great work on it, but he's selling it now. I'm going to miss that horse.

Pagan
01-13-2009, 12:53 PM
We need to see photos of all these steeds! :thumbsup:

Here's my baby...the photographer who usually shoots my band shot this at a car show last summer.

The Iron Mustang. (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/stangpic.jpg)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Hince the name and the siggy......Yes, I won an 06 stock Legend Lime GT Convertable! I bought it brand new and it has just over 10,000 miles on it. It isn't our daily driver as we are a family of 6 that now owns 6 vehicles. But DH and I are driving it down to WDW next weekend for our trip.

garymacd
01-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh.

This is a car thread.

I thought it was a horse thread.

AmBo
01-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Nice lookin' stang bud! Not a big fan of the newer bodies though. Too "retro" for me. It's the kind of car I see my dad in it more than I do. I'm only 25 myself. :blush:

My brother has a 2000 GT supercharged and it's beautiful. He did great work on it, but he's selling it now. I'm going to miss that horse.

He speaks the truth :thumbsup:

Here's two pictures for ya: one (http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v198/248/67/8819230/n8819230_39274121_1000.jpg) two (http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v309/248/67/8819230/n8819230_40940653_2823.jpg)

I did all the work myself on her. She put down 353rwhp on an extremely conservative tune and was daily driven.

JDM is good but they are severely overpriced. You should have gone to Kevin over at WickedMotorsports in Toms River. He does sick custom work and takes care of every car like it's his own. :D

However, she's now up for sale. :(

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
My Legend Lime Baby (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=927099&id=661664614)

Marker
01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
We've had several Mustangs in our driveway over the years.

Most recently was my '96 GT. LOVED IT. Unfortunately had to let it retire, had over 200,000 hard driven miles.

I'll have another one. But at the moment I figured it was time to slow down a little, and drive something with a little better gas mileage.

Pagan
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Aw man, the link makes you have to sign in to facebook. :(

Nice lookin' stang bud! Not a big fan of the newer bodies though. Too "retro" for me. It's the kind of car I see my dad in it more than I do. I'm only 25 myself. :blush:(
Well since I'm 47, ya whippersnapper...:D

Actually, Joe at JDM gave me a great price. I actually got the unit for less than Roush themselves are charging for it.

Never heard of the one you mentioned, so I gotta stick with what's been recommended to me. Besides, they did a great job on my brother's. :)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Legend Lime Baby....second try (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TwinsPlus2More/?action=view&current=IMG_0804.jpg) This one is on Photobucket

Pagan
01-14-2009, 03:06 PM
MUCH better!

Beautiful Pony!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks. My daughter is 14 and dreaming that she's going to be driving it soon. I tell her to keep dreaming.

Pagan
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks. My daughter is 14 and dreaming that she's going to be driving it soon. I tell her to keep dreaming.
I won't even let my DW drive mine. I told her that when I ordered the car, I got the option of the driver's seat that's molded only to fit the contours of MY rear end. ;)

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
01-14-2009, 05:42 PM
DH has a 69 Mustang. He drag races and, sadly, it isn't street legal. But it sure is beautiful!

Patty
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM

I rented a mustang that looked exactly like that, color and all on Martha's
Vineyard Island a few years back. I cried when I had to give it back. ;) I've never owned a mustang, but I am a big fan. thanks for the pictures you all have shared. I am going to go for a ride in my boring suburban wife SUV now. :crying: I do love the 4wd in the snow though! :D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I rented a mustang that looked exactly like that, color and all on Martha's
Vineyard Island a few years back. I cried when I had to give it back. ;) I've never owned a mustang, but I am a big fan. thanks for the pictures you all have shared. I am going to go for a ride in my boring suburban wife SUV now. :crying: I do love the 4wd in the snow though! :D

I have the surburbia wife mobile too......GMC Acadia. Our driveway is FULL, one 04 F-150 FX4, an 03 Nissan Sentra, an 01 GMC Jimmy, and in the backyard one of my adult son's is working on a 73 VW Beetle. But I have 2 adult sons and the Mustang is my dream baby that gets babied

Pagan
01-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Like a true proud Papa, just wanted to show a couple of more pix.

These first two are some of the underhood detailing I did.

"Eddie "Hood Liner (http://a633.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_fc34220cba9bdd41436dd3e82cc7ad58.jpg)
Engine Bay (http://a17.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_df5db0b500299846e83c78c78911ee20.jpg)

And those helped me get this...

Second in show! (http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/?action=view&current=l_0e6f03e8a791ed459229f3dd9f2d9908.jpg)

As voted by other Mustang owners. :D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Like a true proud Papa, just wanted to show a couple of more pix.

She's a beaut!!
I have to wait til the kids are all out of the house before I can start playing with mine. I want to open her up and make her SING!

AmBo
01-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Nice hood liner! That's some serious custom work done on that engine bay. Is that a real Roush or are you making it one?

I went out to start up my baby last night after not being driven in 3 weeks and only driven maybe 3 times in the past 2 months and the battery is dead :mad: :blush:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice hood liner! That's some serious custom work done on that engine bay. Is that a real Roush or are you making it one?

I went out to start up my baby last night after not being driven in 3 weeks and only driven maybe 3 times in the past 2 months and the battery is dead :mad: :blush:
I know that if yours is an 05/06....you cannot leave the CD player on when you cut off the car....the CD player will continue to spin and thus completely drain your battery.

Pagan
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
No, not a real one. Although with the amount of $$$ I put into it, it could have been!

I'm a little upset that the addition of the blower will mean I have to remove the plenum and fuel rail covers. They don't fit on the supercharger, so they have to go. That's $600 down the drain unless I can sell them on Ebay or something.

I start mine once a week religiously. Look out the garage door at the snow and get antsy. My baby's SUCH a garage queen! Never seen snow OR rain! :laughing:

I know that if yours is an 05/06....you cannot leave the CD player on when you cut off the car....the CD player will continue to spin and thus completely drain your battery.
Wow, I never knew that! Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup:

LauraleeH
01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
My brother and I both had Mustangs. My brothers was a 2003, and a little over a month ago (Seems like years ago) he was driving to Applebee's after volleyball at church, and it was wet out because it had rained earlier. His tires were awful in the rain, even though they were brand new. Anyways, the light turned yellow so he sped up to make it (There was no way he could have stopped because of those tires) and turned right, and that's when the car started going out of control. He slammed on the brakes, which made it worse...he spun and spun, he hit all kinds of signs, and did a complete flip and landed in a ditch. They found his tire across the street. His car was inches away from hitting a telephone pole. Our friends all witnessed it and couldn't believe it when he jumped out of the car. The paramedics came and said he shouldn't be alive today, let alone perfectly fine, no scratches or broken bones. He had a convertible, which made it all the more worse, because if he had landed upside down he would have died instantly. They totaled the Mustang and the damages cost more than what it was worth. My dad did research the next day and saw that Mustangs are the number 1 cause of death for teenage drivers, so he made me get rid of mine, which was a 1999 and needed too much work anyways.

We LOVED our Mustangs when we had them, but we'll never look at them the same way again. Please be careful when it's raining, and definitely don't speed in those things!

Pagan
01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
ANY rear wheel drive car with alot of power shouldn't be driven in the rain.

Sorry to hear about your brother's accident, and I'm glad he wasn't hurt, but I think your parents overreacted a little in taking your car away from you due to that.

Tell your Dad that Mustangs aren't the #1 cause of death for teenagers. First of all, I think he's just saying that to justify taking your car away.

Second, it's the driver, not the car that's the problem. Hopefully you'll be able to get another one down the road, and be able to enjoy driving a pony again.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM

Sorry to hear about your brother's accident, and I'm glad he wasn't hurt, but I think your parents overreacted a little in taking your car away from you due to that.

Tell your Dad that Mustangs aren't the #1 cause of death for teenagers. First of all, I think he's just saying that to justify taking your car away.

Second, it's the driver, not the car that's the problem. Hopefully you'll be able to get another one down the road, and be able to enjoy driving a pony again.

EXACTLY!!! I won't be letting my daughter drive my 'Stang more because well, to be honest I'm selfish and it is MINE! Also because of the other idiots on the road more than her.

New tires or old tires.....if the road is newly wet it doesn't matter what kind of tires you have on your car, what kind of car you have....if you hit the wrong spot you will hydroplane and if you don't know how to correct that.....you will crash. I've seen state troopers with lots of experience driving and driving in all sorts of conditions...hydroplane into ditches, poles, etc.

LauraleeH
01-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Well they got me a newer and nicer car. My Mustang had way too many problems so I didn't mind getting rid of it. Plus my new car is faster LOL!

Also, I said it's the number 1 cause of death in teenage DRIVERS. Meaning the type of car. People couldn't believe that my parents let my brother buy a Mustang in the first place, because teenagers shouldn't be driving them.

I don't believe it's the drivers fault, either. My brother has a new Altima and he can (But doesn't!) take a turn at 60 mph. When he had his accident, he wasn't going much over 30.

Mustangs look nice and they're great for shows and stuff, but not so great for driving, especially on roads that could be wet.

Pagan
01-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't believe it's the drivers fault, either. My brother has a new Altima and he can (But doesn't!) take a turn at 60 mph. When he had his accident, he wasn't going much over 30.
Yes, it is the driver's fault. Any high performance car can't just be jumped into and driven like it's a Camry. If you don't know how to drive a high performance vehicle, you shouldn't be behind the wheel of one. I don't mean you personally, I mean in general.

If hyour brother was only going 30 mph, then he either had rotten tires or he floored the gas in the middle of the turn. Either way, the driver's fault. There's NO way A Mustang spins out at 30 mph unless it's on ice.

The ONLY reason Mustangs might be the #1 cause if auto fatalities in teenagers is because the parents are stupid enough to buy them one and not teach them the proper way to drive them.

Like anything else, the blame is placed on something else other than bad parenting. I guess we can now lump Mustangs in with video games, horror movies and heavy metal music as the scapegoats of the downfall of teenage society. :shake:

Mustangs look nice and they're great for shows and stuff, but not so great for driving, especially on roads that could be wet.
Um....who told you that Mustangs are not so great for driving? Mine handles very well, and I'm willing to bet I have WAY more horsepower in mine that your brother had in his.

No, they're not good in the rain, but neither is ANY rear wheel drive car that's light in the rear end and has alot of power.

They're not good in the rain because they're not meant to be driven in the rain.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-17-2009, 09:22 PM
I want to know WHERE your parents got the Mustang statistics from. I think they just decided that they didn't to pay the insurance on the Mustangs any longer. There are no statistics that I can find in an online search, and I have a feeling that if I go ask my insurance company on Tuesday.....they won't say Mustang.

Go to any HS parking lot and you won't find a lot full of Mustangs. You'll find a lot full of mom's old Toyotas, Hondas, Chevy's.....most of them NOT being sports cars and if they are sports cars, they don't have the big engines.

LauraleeH
01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
There was a lot of work being done in the area and there was a lot of dirt...the rain turned it into mud. I think that had a lot to do with it. Our friends were driving in front of him and behind him and their cars were all fine on the turn...he had horrible tires (Although they were supposed to be brand new, turns out the were junk) and when he slid into the curb, he panicked and slammed on the brakes, which caused him to slide and flip. I'm not saying it's Ford's fault, it was an accident. I didn't come on here to badmouth Mustangs at all, I hope no one got offended, I just wanted to tell everyone our story and hope people are cautious when driving them.
I don't mean Mustangs are unsafe to drive, but for people with only 5 years of driving experience, it's probably better if they drove something a little safer. In the rain, well, as we all know we can't predict Florida weather. It had been sunny when he left, rained when he was at work, and the accident happened hours after the rain had stopped.

They found the Mustang statistics online, so like everything else online, there's a good possibility that they were false. Either way, I couldn't afford new brakes, tires, and all of the other work my car needed, so I got a Saturn. It's not as good looking as my Mustang, but it gets me where I need to go, so that's all that matters to me.

My brother has a great job and pays for his own car payment and insurance, and I gave up my Mustang after taking it in the shop (It was shaking and jumping) and finding out the cost of the work needed, so it's unfair to blame my parents.

Like I said, we loved our Mustangs (I still have pictures if anyone would like to see) so I hope no one was offended by my posts. I'd hate to make someone upset over an automobile.

Pagan
01-18-2009, 11:01 AM
There was a lot of work being done in the area and there was a lot of dirt...the rain turned it into mud. I think that had a lot to do with it. Our friends were driving in front of him and behind him and their cars were all fine on the turn...he had horrible tires (Although they were supposed to be brand new, turns out the were junk) and when he slid into the curb, he panicked and slammed on the brakes, which caused him to slide and flip. I'm not saying it's Ford's fault, it was an accident. I didn't come on here to badmouth Mustangs at all, I hope no one got offended, I just wanted to tell everyone our story and hope people are cautious when driving them.
I don't think anyone's offended Laurie...well, can't speak for anyone else but I know I'm not. :)

What you just described is exactly what I was saying, bad tires and driver error. Not for anything but if your brother was in a skid and slammed on the brakes, pretty much any car he was in was going to do the same thing.

Just glad he's okay.

I don't mean Mustangs are unsafe to drive, but for people with only 5 years of driving experience, it's probably better if they drove something a little safer.
That's what I said too, gotta know how to drive 'em.

Either way, I couldn't afford new brakes, tires, and all of the other work my car needed, so I got a Saturn. It's not as good looking as my Mustang, but it gets me where I need to go, so that's all that matters to me.
Great car, I owned 4 Saturns in my day. I drive a Chevy HHR now for every day.

Mustangs are toys. :D

Like I said, we loved our Mustangs (I still have pictures if anyone would like to see) so I hope no one was offended by my posts. I'd hate to make someone upset over an automobile.
No one's upset Laurie...don't worry about that! Just discussing. :)

SandmanGStefani24
01-18-2009, 11:05 AM
i think owning a Mustang is kind of a right of passage. Everyone has either owned one, had one in the family, or a friend who's had one. My first car was an 85' LX hatchback, light blue with the back hood stripe and I had a blast in that car. Unfortunately it's in the big highway in the sky now, (it was my first car, remember) and even though I'm a Chevy guy now I have always thought about getting one like my old one just for fun.

Pagan
01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
WOO HOO!!! Just got back from dropping my car off at JDM Engineering in New Jersey!

Sprung an extra $800 and got the beefier Roush clutch to go along with the TVS blower. JDM assured me that the rest of the drivetrain and the engine will more than handle the power....and MAN are they promising me power!

They said they did an install yesterday, SAME setup as mine, and had to roll BACK the power on the car, it was making 536 at the tires. WOW!!!

I told them to give me as much as the car could safely handle. Cannot WAIT to pick it up next week!!!!

My wife made me laugh, she said the car's "getting implants". :rotfl:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-25-2009, 10:26 PM
My first car was a '65 fast back 2+2 limited edition. It was black with a red interior. I got my license on Monday and I picked it up the following Friday and was racing it on the local strip that night. We had a road that everyone went to on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons. The cops would come and clear us out on a regular basis. That car could fly. Unfortunately it had been Mickey Mouse'd (pardon the expression) and I couldn't get parts for it when they broke. You don't even want to know what I sold it for!!

Pagan
01-26-2009, 12:46 PM
My first car was a '65 fast back 2+2 limited edition. It was black with a red interior. I got my license on Monday and I picked it up the following Friday and was racing it on the local strip that night.
Who are you and where have you been all my life? :rotfl:

Pagan
01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
WOO HOO! My car is famous! Well...sort of!

The shop where I'm having the work done has a weekly show in the net "This Week at JDM". They have my ride in the latest one!

This Week at JDM Engineering (http://www.1320x.com/video/this-week-at-jdm-12309)

My car shows up at around 1:46. :thumbsup:

Altair
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Here's the namesake of the car:

A supercharged, 1,695HP super-charged Mustang.
P-51D Mustang (http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/43882/1151960568053696626S600x600Q85.jpg)

Pagan
02-02-2009, 11:26 AM
They have a service down in Florida somewhere, not sure of exactly where....where you can bring your Mustang and have a photo taken of it in front of a P-51. I only wish I could get mine down there for that, it would be incredible!

Roush recently made a limited edition of p-51 Mustangs. The paint on the car is in different shades of grey to simulate the patching up of the planes that took place during the war, and the car comes from the factory with 510 horsepower. It's got the same blower under the hood that I'm having installed in mine. :D

Roush P-51 Mustang. (http://www.hspnnews.com/images/uploads/P51a2.jpg)