PDA

View Full Version : Another 2009 DDP Change

jray21
01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't know if this was posted before, but on January 11 the took off the second drink for a breakfast entrée counter service meal. I was told by three cast members that this is a new change. The brochures show that for a breakfast qs meal you can get an entrée (not a combo meal) a drink, AND a juice, but as of this morning it is an entrée and a drink OR juice. I will go to guest relations to verify this, but three people already told me. Kind of frustrating.

DisneyFr33k
01-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I always thought it was funny to be given 2 drinks for breakfast. Either way, if they keep removing things from the DP and not adding some things along the way, it will loose its appeal. It has for our family after they removed the appetizer and stopped including tips.

megustamex
01-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I always thought the DDP was only a deal if you really wanted all that food that they gave you. Now that they are taking all of the extra food off, it certainly doesn't seem like you are saving any money.

disneyfan328
01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't think that they could make a change like this when the brochure states for 2009 that for Breakfast you get a juice, entree and non alcoholic beverage OR a combo meal plus one single serving beverage or juice. If you are just getting an entree you should be allowed 2 drinks (ie. a juice and a coffee or pop) If they don't honor it I would have a problem with as you can't make changes to something like that after people have already spent the money on it!!

I would think that they are going to get a lot of complaints if this is the case.

disneyfan328
01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Not that this is something that you can take to the bank or anything but I called Disney Dining about this as my concern wasn't so much about the juice, but that maybe there were other changes that no one has found out about yet. The agent I s/w (who was extremely nice and seemed to be very knowledgable) stated that there have been no changes that they are aware of and that if its in the brochure that you get an extra juice at breakfast that you should be getting it. (she also stated that this "extra" juice is what you are to get in place of a dessert when you use it for breakfast) I asked her if there were ANY changes at all that she is aware of and she stated no.

We will be using our CS meals for a few breakfasts as we are going to SW one day and will have at least 4 extra meals to use throughout the week so we are going to use them for breakfasts. both of my kids LOVE juice and its good for them so I definetly plan on getting both juices when I use my QS option for breakfast.

She also stated that as far as she knows Goofys still takes the snack credits for the hand dipped items (except for the apple). She said that she did it herself when she went in early December so that's good news!!!

jray21
01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
ok, so I finally made it to guest relations and I'm getting more bothered. After explainingbit to Rachel she went into the backroom for a few minutes and told me that they were correct. You only get one beverage with an entrée. You do not get a juice and a bevereage. I pointed it our on the brochure that it plainly shows we get both, and only with a combo meal do you get "one serving" of juice OR beverage. So she just went back again and it's been another five minutes. They are clueless. I'll update you soon.

jray21
01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
So she talked to the sunshine food court manager about it and he said one drink. But she understands that the 2008 & 2009 brochures are exactly the same in regards to breakfast entrée, hut forceome reason this year you only get one drink, and last year you got two. Same exact wording, different execution. Now I have to wait again. I know it's only about $20 I'd be out buts it's the principle. Plus, there were a ton of ticked off people this morning.

DisneyFr33k
01-13-2009, 05:11 PM
She also stated that as far as she knows Goofys still takes the snack credits for the hand dipped items (except for the apple). She said that she did it herself when she went in early December so that's good news!!!

Funny, when I went there in October, they denied our snack option for the hand dipped stuff - apple or not.

Sounds like reading from jray21 and disneyfan328 that Disney needs to get everyone on the same page. It makes you not trust what anyone says when you hear contradictory things like this!

jray21
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I forgot to add that yesterday morning, the day after the supposed changes, I ordered breakfast in AK at pizzasafari and got 2 drinks.

Also, Rachel has been extremely nice and understanding and is doing a great job. It's the managers who are hiding behind the doors, but that's what managers are for.

I have now been here for 25 minutes.

jray21
01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
So I'm finally done. Rachel thinks it's just a sunshine seasons problem. In other words; a hard headed holier than though manager who needs to be humbled. Rachel called another resort food location, and a hotel food location and both places said 2 drinks.

Final thoughts. The Dining Plan is a big gamble. .

As posted previously(I'm on my phone typing this so I can't give credit where it's due) even disneyvis confused about the plan and they need to get their act together. I guess the moral is, if you complain enough, you just might get it.
Along the same lines, I'll post later about parking not knowing about extra magic hours starting at 8 am this morning and not letting the 30+ cars into the lot until 7:52!! Buts that's later. Other than those small, but frustrating things it's been a wonderful, empty, but wonderfully rainfilled day(I'm from Reno area so I love rain!).

armmh
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Disneyfan328, it sounds like our minds work alike. Thank you for checking. I get that being miffed about "juice" seems like a little thing but it is the "principle" of just randomly changing things after you have purchased a package....
Anyway, I have another question along this same line. The brochure says "combo meal" + a drink. So when you get a kids combo meal (which I see comes with a drink) do you also get an additional drink (like a water or something)?..that is also a bit confusing.
My 2nd question is, do you have to give them ALL of the Key to the World passes when you purchase meals? If I am getting 2 adult and 2 kids meals can I just give them my card or all they all separate? ( I hope that makes sense, I'm having a difficult time putting it into words I guess...)
Thanks again for the checking that out!

beksy
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't know about the first question but I know that when we used it last year I just gave them my card for both my sister and me. Apparently both cards had all of the meals on them and are linked so only one card is needed for the meals. Unless something's changed!

wickedwitch
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
One card will do it.

KylesMom
01-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Along the same lines, I'll post later about parking not knowing about extra magic hours starting at 8 am this morning and not letting the 30+ cars into the lot until 7:52!! I'll be curious to hear your "later" thoughts about this - we had the same thing happen at AK in JULY last year. Guests were getting impatient in the parking lot line, and it almost got out of hand at one point. However, I digress from the original post.

As long as Disney continues to collect serious funds from the Dining Plan, I think you can expect cuts wherever management can get away with it. Each family must decide on whether or not it is in their best interest to purchase dining options in advance of their trip - and how much they may gain (or lose) by purchasing the plan. I hope everything is turning out for you and that Sunshine Seasons was an isolated problem!

jensen
01-14-2009, 01:33 AM
I forgot to add that yesterday morning, the day after the supposed changes, I ordered breakfast in AK at pizzasafari and got 2 drinks.

Also, Rachel has been extremely nice and understanding and is doing a great job. It's the managers who are hiding behind the doors, but that's what managers are for.

I have now been here for 25 minutes.

So, have they separated out the CS credits like they do the TS credits? Or are they still pooled?

jonahbear2006
01-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Funny, when I went there in October, they denied our snack option for the hand dipped stuff - apple or not.

Sounds like reading from jray21 and disneyfan328 that Disney needs to get everyone on the same page. It makes you not trust what anyone says when you hear contradictory things like this!

We were there in sept and we got the hand dipped marshmellows and the gingerbread and the rice krispy and they were very cooperative. As for Pizzafari, they were very easy to deal with, more so than other places, even told me the kids didnt have to order off the kids menu.

jray21
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
So, have they separated out the CS credits like they do the TS credits? Or are they still pooled?

Ours were seperated. On the receipt it would differentiate between table service & counter service. I forgot exactly which letters they used, but it was something along the lines of tblsrvc & cntr srvc.

Iluvpooh
01-14-2009, 07:44 PM
We were there in sept and we got the hand dipped marshmellows and the gingerbread and the rice krispy and they were very cooperative. As for Pizzafari, they were very easy to deal with, more so than other places, even told me the kids didnt have to order off the kids menu.
That is because the servers at Pizzafari are tired of being ywlled at about the fact that there is no pizza on the kids menu. I bet they have had lots of parents on the DDP yell at them. Heck I did.:blush: Okay not really but I wanted to.

IamBelle
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
I think I know why they took off the secon drink. When I went in Aug. I could never finish the second drnk and I ended up carrying it, throwing it out, or downing it and being full for a while. Instead of removing it, why don't they say you can have a breakfast with a drink and a yogurt or a piece of fruit??

handmaidenofprincesses
01-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Unfortunately, you'll find the same problem with just about everything in Disney. They do a terrible job updating their employees' training and informing them about new events. We had this problem with the birthday thing- even guest relations had no clue where to send us! Our local travel agent has also said that Disney didn't send them dining and park info for 2009 until December 2008, even though most people going in 2009 are booked well before then and want to start planning. They really need to get their act together and learn to plan ahead!

Goes4FastPass
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I, for one, am not going to deal with a lot of nit-picky/ autopilot/ mad 'cause her hours were cut/ mad 'cause he didn't get tomorrow off/ tired of guests trying to get something extra/ I'm the lord of this counter service hourly employees trying to turn happy guests into next year not Disney guests.

The DDP should be part a stress free vacation.

disneyfan328
01-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Goes4FastPass - I totally agree :thumbsup: We are getting the DDP becuase we don't want to have to worry about having enough money for this, saying no to snacks ect. I just can't see that it would be ok for them to make a change to the ddp AFTER the fact. 2009 has already started, the brochures are out, if I paid for it based on that brochure then that is what I expect to be getting. Again for me it wasn't about the juice necessarily, but if there are other changes out there. So far from what I can tell, this was an isolated employee/manager issue at ONE place and hopefully is now remedied. Being that I have kids who love juice, I will be carrying that extra juice around for them to have later if they don't finish it at breakfast, so since I paid for it I want it!!!

jray21
01-15-2009, 10:35 AM
***Update***

Just ordered a breakfast entrée at Sunshine Season Food Court, and I DID get a second drink! Glad they got it sorted out!

jensen
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Ours were seperated. On the receipt it would differentiate between table service & counter service. I forgot exactly which letters they used, but it was something along the lines of tblsrvc & cntr srvc.

Hey jray... thanks for the answer, but I guess I wasn't clear in my question... last year when we went, our CS receipts didn't differentiate between adult CS credits and child CS credits, so it was a little confusing to figure out how many of each we had left... TS receipts were specific about kids and adults... I was wondering if they've changed the CS receipts to be specific, yet?

Thanks!!

jray21
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry, can't help you there. We just had 2 adults in our party.

TheRustyScupper
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
1) It is a shame they are cutting back to 2-drinks.
2) Hope it doesn't start to apply to booze.
3) I usually need more than one scotch.
4) Maybe I can ring the juice out of the tape.