PDA

View Full Version : Valentines day ideas?

Kennywife
01-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Anyone know what they're gonna do for V-day? I don't know yet. Hubby left it up to me to decide. Looking for ideas. :joy:

Anna

crazeedizneefinatic
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I remember one year, before my son, my husband surprised me with a living room picnic complete with candlelight. We dined on KFC but it was the sweetest gesture and we had a much better time than fighting crowds at an overpriced restaurant. I will always remember that day. It was really thoughtful.

This year since it falls on a Saturday I would not touch a restaurant with a 10 foot pole. Plus my son is 8 now so we probably will order in pizza and get some movies and just veg out.

Hope you have a great Valentines Day!

Beast_fanatic
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Since it's a Saturday, we'll probably grill a couple of steaks (if the weather cooperates) and spend a quiet evening at home. We don't tend to do much more than a dinner out for Valentines anyway, and we're trying to cut back on eating out, so that sounds like a good plan to me.

Tink2002
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I think dbf and I are going to go with the simple approach on valentine's, birthdays, and the anniversary this year as well. We're trying to cut back on eating out as much as we used to with things the way they are right now as well, so maybe we'll use those days to "splurge" and go to some place we really like. I think dbf would eat at Longhorn every night if I let him...hahha....

tinksmom02
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
We typically go out to eat, but the night before VDay. We include our daughter, and Feb 13 happens to be her half birthday, so we usually celebrate that LOL We've been going to the Melting Pot, which I absolutely love, but DH says he's "over it." :confused: We generally don't do gifts or anything, and I'd have DH's head if he bought me roses on VDay $$$$$$

I used to make Valentine cupcakes for my kids at the day care center, so Jenna always had a cupcake for her half birthday.

Don't know what we'll do this year.

pink
01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Well we are 100% not going out to eat. :thumbsup: