PDA

View Full Version : resort comparison

motherof4
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I am trying to decide which value resort to stay in this august. I have stayed in pop and my children want to stay there again. I wanted to try the all star music suites ,which in your opinion is the better choice.?there are advantages to pop like having only one bus.but the only thing is we have to have 2 rooms.we are going for 2 weeks and I have priced both resorts and music is more than pop I am wondering if the extra money is worth it because it is a bigger living area.

Strmchsr
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hands down 2 rooms at pop will be better than the music suites because the suites are non-discountable. Now, if no discount exists the suite might be a good option, but if any discount is out then you'll do better with the 2 rooms. As far as resorts go, though, all the values are similar. It's just which themeing you like best. I like them all.

lulu'smom
01-15-2009, 03:14 PM
My family really likes the All Star Suites. We actually did get a discount on them when we stayed there thru AAA. It was 15% off rack rate, I think. I don't know why so many people seem to think you can't get discounts on the suites. Maybe because you have to be quick with them being so popular?:confused:

We prefer having the suite over 2 rooms. With the suite you don't have to worry about what you would do if the worst would happen and you didn't get connecting rooms. Connecting rooms are just a request, they cannot guarantee you will get them. Plus, with a suite you also get a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Getting a fridge in any regular value room is another $10 a night on top of the room rate. Plus with a kitchenette you can do some meals in your room, which is a huge money-saver!

Another great thing is that at the All Star Music they show movies by the pool at night, and play games by the pool during the day. It is fun and adds a lot to the whole fun vibe of the resort.:party:

Keep in mind too that the Pop resort is bigger than any of the individual All Star Resorts. Meaning you will be fighting more people at the food court, the pool, and at the bus stop. Sure, the All Stars sometimes share a bus, but that is the key word. Sometimes! Not always in my experience last year.

I think you should book an ASMu Suite.

big blue and hairy
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Another great thing is that at the All Star Music they show movies by the pool at night, and play games by the pool during the day. It is fun and adds a lot to the whole fun vibe of the resort.:party:

:offtopic: ???!!!! Really? When did they start this? Give me info!!!! Uhhh....sorry...please give me info!!!

:sulley:

lulu'smom
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
They started the movies and games by the pool last year. We didn't play any games, but we heard them playing Bingo one day, and doing a scavanger hunt another day. The movies at night are great! It is so much fun to swim and watch a Disney movie at the same time. One night we saw finding Nemo, and another night The Little Mermaid.

They have a whole list of the days activities on a chalk board by the pool. It was very cool, and a definate check in the plus column for the All Star Music.