PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace.......

olivegirl
01-12-2009, 02:40 PM
We have reservations for the Crystal Palace for breakfast. Any pros or cons????? :)

Tinkerbelly84
01-12-2009, 02:48 PM
We do this every trip! The food is always good and so in the service.

robnadina
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I second this. We love Crystal Palace. Its a Do no matter what meal.
Have fun!

disneyfan328
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Here's a 3rd :thumbsup: for Crystal Palace we loved it, the food was great and so was the character interaction. We also liked getting into the parks early to have a somewhat quiet walk down main street usa.

Itchy
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I have done the breakfast thing and loved it. This trip we are going to do the dinner thing.

Sometime you can't get enough Pooh or Tigger.:pooh::tigger:

The granddaugher should go nut since she just loves pooh.:mickey:

ILoveLegos
01-12-2009, 03:30 PM
This is my favorite charater meal - breakfast is great and pooh and his friends are wonderful. We enjoyed the "parade" too!

Natazu
01-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends (character breakfast) ☺☺☺☻
For a buffet, it's really good. The character interaction is above average and the price is affordable. It’s also one of few places to see Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet. Note that the characters make the rounds whether you’re at your table or not. It’s easy to miss one or two of them if you spend much time in line for food. To help prevent that, know this. People tend to get in line and follow each other like lemmings. If there are ten people in line for salad and you want hot food, go around them. There are separate “lines” for cold items, hot items, and made-to-order items (like omelets). Also, the “kids buffet” table tends to stay empty so if you like some of that stuff, you can save some acquisition time.

biodtl
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
We enjoy it. It's not gourmet cuisine, but it is consistently good and there is always something for everyone. And it's a lot of fun, too.

mrmcgiv
01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
We have been there for dinner and breakfast. I liked the dinner foodbetter, but i am not a fan of bfast. I thoughttheir buffet for bfast was better then Chef Mickeys. I liked it!

jonahbear2006
01-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Blech! we ate there twice to give it a 2nd chance. It is REALLY hard to screw up breakfast and esp. a fruit and veg. and donut bar. The rest of it was less than average food. I prefer to eat at our Hometown buffet here in town. 1900 park fare's breakfast is so much better and wider variety and the characters are soo much fun. They play with the kids and act out their role. Boma has a good breakfast too but its so far away. Cape May cafe has a good breakfast but it isn't as full of a buffet. Whispering canyon has an all you can eat skillet, Fort wilderness has a breakfast buffet. So many better options, if you ask me. Personally, I will eat anywhere else for breakfast that is Not Crystal palace, imho.

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2009, 07:46 AM
We Heart Crystal Palace. :thumbsup: Both lunch and dinner are consistently terrific. It is possible to miss the characters tho, we've done it before..the handlers are usually kind enough to bring one back if we missed him.

Disney Doll
01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
We love Crystal Palace! We went for breakfast last October and had a great experience. The food was really good, our server was great, and the characters were a lot of fun. We especially like to get an early ADR so that we are some of the first people to enter MK. It's pretty cool to walk down Main Street practically by yourself.

kathiep
01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Crystal Palace breakfast is one of our must-do's on every trip. Love the food, the character interaction, we love getting a first thing reservation and walking down an empty Main Street. We like it so much this year, we're trying dinner too!

DDuck66
01-14-2009, 09:48 AM
We love the Crystal Palace as well. We especially make it a point to have an ADR for breakfast before the park opens. You can actaully get some nice pics in front of the castle without lots of other people in the picture.

handmaidenofprincesses
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
We eat dinner there almost every trip and have always loved it, so we decided to try breakfast this trip (a week ago last Monday, Jan 5th) Getting into MK early was amazing, but it was the only good thing about it. I was severely disappointed!

The food was consistently cold, out of the 4 characters we only really saw Eeyore (we were not up at the buffet long either, and took turns so at least one of us would see the characters if they came by.) Pooh literally walked by our table and waved and that was it. Plus our server was dreadful! He reminded us about ten times to leave him a tip b/c it was no longer on the DDP, and circled the higher of the 2 suggested amounts on the receipt. I know that's where waiters make their money, but seriously, all he did was pour OJ. He never even brought our coffee, though we reminded him twice, and we were there over an hour!

idk what was going on... It was the first bad experience I have had there, but it is also the only time I have eaten breakfast there. However, next time I want to get into the park early, I think we'll spluge and go to CRT instead!

TheDuckRocks
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
We have been to the Crystal Palace twice for breakfast (once with my DH, DD and DGD and the second time with just the old grump and myself) and we love it. The food was wonderful, the character interaction was great and the 2 different waiters we had both well deserved the 20%+ we gave them. Crystal Palace is on our list of must dos for our next trip.:thumbsup:
AND Eyeore gives the best hugs in the World.:hug:

kwhitt3202
01-15-2009, 10:13 AM
we were there in October and did both dinner and breakfast. Breakfast was wonderfull lost of choices. Our waitress even thold us to take an apple, orange and banana for each of us for the rest of the day. Dinner was a different thing we were there for about 45 min saw our waitress once, no characters and the food was horriable. My husband ended leaving with our son to go get them something else to eat wile i tried to flag down any worker. When our waitress showed up I told her the prolblem with the food and service she said " oh I will go get you check then" she got mad when we diodnt tip her and still had to py for food we didnt eat and characters we didnt see. We ordered roomservice and was much happier.

mkymouse0206
01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
We love Crystal Palace!:cloud9: I always book a late breakfast so that it is more like a brunch, usually around 10:30. This was a perfect time because it wasn't very crowed and the characters seemed very relaxed. It seemed like they came around 3 to 4 times. Everytime I looked up one of them was standing at our table. Eeyore even got up close and personal with my camcorder! :D I don't remember much about the food probably because I was so busy with the camera, camcorder, kids stuff, but dh says it was the best breakfast he's had at Disney. If he remembers it, it must have been good. Have Fun!!:mickey:

Disneypixie513
01-16-2009, 10:07 PM
We've done breakfast twice, and loved it both times. The food was very good, good service, and the character interaction was good.
I definately recommend the puffed french toast..YUM!!
If you can, book an early b-fast before the park actually opens. It's amazing walking down Main Street when it's empty.:cloud9:

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Crystal Palace is on my "Must Do" List for every trip. I enjoy all 3 meals, but I prefer lunch. Maybe it is because the choices are not as heavy at lunch and I can enjoy my day a little bit more not feeling like I ate a tire.

Maleficent's Dad
01-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Take it for what it's worth:
First it's a character meal.
Secondly it's a buffet.

With those in mind, CP is a pretty good place. The food is plentiful, and has always been pretty good in our experiences. My kids still love the character meals, and this one is a winner. Tigger is always jumping, and it's one of the places to find Piglet, who is otherwise difficult to locate.

The setting is very nice and you'll wait outside after you check-in, but all in all, it's a good experience. :mickey:

jensantuit
01-17-2009, 07:24 AM
We have done CP every trip since we have had kids. Although we've done dinner and lunch I'm sure breakfast would be just as good. The character interaction has always been good and the food has been good too with a wide selection. Go for it and have fun. :mickey:

Natazu
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
and you'll wait outside after you check-in,
I always forget about that. It takes me by surprise every time. For breakfast, it's not so bad but around lunchtime in August, wow.

Disney-Nut
01-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Ive been to the crystal palace for the first time last january and loved it.

Mickey91
01-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Breakfast at the Crystal Palace is very good. As far as characters, the interaction is usually good but there is always one character that takes an eternity to show up. We have had breakfast there twice and dinner once. Our last trip, we waited over an hour and never did get to see Eeoyre. Same thing with Pooh the time before. Though we met him, we had to wait well past the time we took to eat.

iadarolas
01-18-2009, 04:08 PM
We love Crystal Palace for breakfast too! The food is very good, the service was top notch! We had a family with food allergies with us and they were wonderful in handling this. The chef actually came to our table, walked them through the buffet, and even went as far as to cook up fresh goods to avoid cross contamination. I was extremely impressed with this. We once had 8 a.m. reservations at CP, before MK opens. It was really neat to be the only ones walking down Main Street. We were a large group of 19, and we have a picture of us, from behind, walking down Main Street with not another soul around. Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

5fromabove
01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Crystal Palace Breakfast is our only "must do" on every trip :) :thumbsup: The variety for food is wonderful, the atmosphere is light and fun, beautiful setting and GREAT food! We love everything about it. The puffed french toast is a favorite ... that and the big assortment of fresh fruit. It's the one place that ALL of our kids insist on eating at each time :) I'm sure you'll love it. :) :cloud9: We like to either try to get an early morning (before the park opens) reservation to have an empty Main Street OR a late breakfast (10ish) for a brunch that keeps us full until dinner time :) ENJOY!

Kisobel
01-19-2009, 04:15 AM
we loved crystal palace.

kate