PDA

View Full Version : Torn w/ stay options for 6

jonahbear2006
01-12-2009, 02:56 AM
We have decided to only go once this year to wdw, so we could have a bit nicer trip. Two trips wouldve meant two camping trips, however, we enjoyed the laziness so much of the first week in sept, we have decided that is when we want to go, plus it is our 10 yr anniversary, YAY! So we want to go all out, even if we can't afford it. We have decided that somewhere in the numbers of $2000 is our limit for accommodations. So, with 5 countable people, where can we stay....hmmm. Contemporary, Poly, Port Orleans Riverside, or Beach Club, or camping in a tent in FW(concerns me cause of the heat and hurricane season).This is what we have to choose from. We can either go for 1 week and stay deluxe, or downgrade and go for 2 weeks at Port Orleans. But we really were hoping our next trip would be monorail loop. What's the consensus? Would you forfeit a week for better transportation or would you prefer less amenities and deal with no monorail to be able to be in the world for 2wks? First choice would be poly but of course, we all know that gets us a 5 night trip, contemporary about 7 nights, beach club about 6 nights, port orleans about 13 nights, or FW which is ridiculous $600 for 2wks. We would just save money there. I guess the prob is we havent really decided what is important this trip time or luxury. It IS our anniversary but the kids will be there, too. Just some what would you do's would help I think. Thanks in advance.

mickeymousedabomb
01-12-2009, 07:25 AM
definetly choose whatever option gave me more full days at WDW! You have stayed in a deluxe before I see, and also at FW campground. So you've gotten a taste from two opposite ends. Maybe PO wouldn't be that much of a down grade besides, I hear it is a very nice resort. And with more days this may give you and hubby a chance to fit in a "date"! Good luck in deciding.

Kairi_7378
01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
If money were no object and I was planning the "ultimate" trip for DH and I, I would stay at the Contemporary. He's always been a fan of the architecture and the idea of being on the monorail. I'm not sure how old your kids are but it may be nice to be within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom.

However, I have to agree that PORS is a great option for you. The grounds are beautiful. You're about equideistant from the four parks (AK is a little further away.) The boat ride to and from Downtown Disney is a great perk. (I love the view of DTD from the water at night.) Personally, I'd go with the moderate resort and splurge in some other areas, maybe for a nice dinner somewhere or an anniversary photo session somewhere.

jonahbear2006
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I think we have it almost figured out. We have decided, based upon many different factors that we will probably leave the kids home. I have talked to my mother and she is ok with keeping them so this 10yr anniversary trip has just become me and hubby. We are down now to contemp. and the poly. No reason to stay longer than 8 nights and drive my mom insane. We will probably get deluxe dining and enjoy many of the signature dining and do the adult things we have missed for 2 yrs.

buzznwoodysmom
01-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I think if your leaving the kids behind one week at a deluxe would be enough. I can't imagine leaving my kids for 2 weeks, heck DH and I are also celebrating our 10 year anniversary in Sept. and I'm having trouble with the thought of leaving them behind for a long weekend. LOL. I definitely think one week will be perfect for you and DH. We had thought about staying at GF for about 3 or 4 nights for our 10th, but with two trips to WDW already planned for this year we thought it might be overkill. There seems to be lots of romantic things to do for just the two of you. The reason we had picked GF is because a lot of what we wanted to do was there. We wanted to eat at V&A's, do the couples massage, rent a private cabana poolside one day, and maybe set up private dining somewhere on GF grounds. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for our 15th or 20th. Enjoy your time alone in WDW with your hubby!

jonahbear2006
01-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Sounds like you are going to have a lovely lovely anniversary. We area already hoping that we are having a better 15th or 20th anniversary, myself. Our Kids are young, we are suppose to be broke at this time, right? I can only hope that we continue doing as well as we have, so we can continue to visit my favorite place in the world, during my most passionate time of year.