PDA

View Full Version : CARS attractions?

hope23
01-12-2009, 12:58 AM
My sons are huge fans of the CARS movie and looking forward to seeing everything they can about it at Disney... what is available?

AmandaChan
01-12-2009, 02:35 AM
I know that at DHS Mater comes out every now and then (don't know what the schedule is, or if there are any other characters). Other than that, I don't think there are a whole LOT of CARS attractions or things to see... Perhaps they make some appearances in the Pixar parade?

disneyfan328
01-12-2009, 07:32 AM
at DHS Lightning McQueen and Mater both have meet N greets back by the streets of america? (I believe that is what its called.) We had to get there a good 30 minutes before it was scheduled as they only come out a few times a day and they aren't out for long. I agree with the above poster that that is about it. I believe that the star and motorcars parade is being or has been replaced with a new parade so I don't know if the cars guys are in the new one or not. There really aren't any rides or anything else that involves cars. there is a lot of cars merchandise in the shops, but that is about it.

jensantuit
01-12-2009, 08:19 PM
When we went in September, there was a spot I believe it was by the Streets of America where Lightning McQueen and Mater were. It was designed like Luigi's Casa Della Tires (it used to be Al's Toy Barn). If I remember correctly there were set times in the shows and times guide that will tell you exactly when you can see McQueen and Mater. Be sure to have your camera ready, my 2 boys were awestruck and I got great pictures. Also when we were there, they had a photopass photographer there also. Have fun.

mcjaco
01-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately, with the exception of meet and greets, there isn't anything related to Cars at WDW.

However, if your kid can wait a few more years, a Test Track like ride themed to Cars will open at California Adventure. :mickey:

mrmcgiv
01-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Yep, IN dec they only thing was the meet and greet near rhe outside of lights motor action. Our line woved VERY fast. 3 minutes maybe. we lucked out. Otherwise NADAA. Sad considering what a blockbuster the movie was. In 07 they drove down the street, that was MUCh better!