PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Dinner Package & Dining Plan

BrerStitch
01-11-2009, 06:02 PM
We did a trip in early December of '08 and didn't book a Processional Dinner package. Our server at the Coral Reef stated that there were still tickets left, but that it would be $55 a person.

That didn't seem right, wouldn't we have just paid for the appetizer since we were on the basic Dining Plan?

Has anyone done the Candlelight Processional Package with the Dining Plan? Help!:blush:

DisneyGlutton
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
We booked it ahead of time at Coral Reef and paid for our dinner (with the DP) as usual; our server gave us the sticker to get in at the end of the meal. It didn't cost us any extra to go to the Processional, so idk to tell you.

pokci
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
The Candelight Processional is free. We booked the package twice in 2007, first time at Le Cellier, second time at Beirgarten. We used the dining plan both nights and got our Processional tickets at the end of the meal. You can pay for items not included on the dining plan out of pocket but the Processional is still free. We added wine at both meals. You can also book the package without being on the dining plan and still only pay the price of the meal, the Processional is still free. The nice thing about the package is that you are guaranteed seating.

Can't wait to do it again! Loved O'Hurley!

84 days to go!:cloud9:

mrmcgiv
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
We booked the CP pkg at coral reef 12/14/08. We were on the dining plan s there was no extra cost. I fnot on the DDP I think it would have been $54.99 PP. That included your dinner, drink dessert ect, same as on the DDp and a sticker to get in the CP. It was also supposed to include an appetizer per what I read on line, but the server said it did NOT, BUt our check was for $54.99 pp..which of course we did not pay.

However, I tipped on the value of the food. If we paid OOP for our meal that we ordered, drinks and dessert..our check was much less than it would have been with the pckg(there were 2 kids/2 adults)...and I just did not feel I should tip an extra $10 on a price that included a show too. I tipped 20% on the price of food.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
This is my guess. The Candlelight package, like many things at Disney is limited to availability and set quatitities. Only so many DDP candlight packages are available. So to assume that you could go to the Coral Reef on the DDP and then on location state that you'd like to upgrade to the CP package might not be doable. I think they start taking reservations for the CP package 6 months in advance!

My guess is that the server was indicating that you wouldn't be charged any credits against your DDP but instead you would pay out of pocket the Tier 3 package price for the CP package as there was still those available.

So you could have saved 2 TS, but you would have paid $110 out of pocket for the CP package.

That's my best guess for explaining it, nothing else would mak much sense.

mrmcgiv
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Let me answer again...We did the coral reef CPP in Dec. It charged us one TS credit PP, that is all. And we got our stickers for preferred entrance/seating at the CP. But it was hard to book the CPP, i must have nabbed a cancelation a few week before. You should have been able to simply use your DDP TS credit. They did NOT geive us the appetizer after all..which was fine, but we did not pay anything but the tip.

DDuck66
01-14-2009, 09:59 AM
The Candelight Processional is free. We booked the package twice in 2007, first time at Le Cellier, second time at Beirgarten. We used the dining plan both nights and got our Processional tickets at the end of the meal. You can pay for items not included on the dining plan out of pocket but the Processional is still free. We added wine at both meals. You can also book the package without being on the dining plan and still only pay the price of the meal, the Processional is still free. The nice thing about the package is that you are guaranteed seating.

Can't wait to do it again! Loved O'Hurley!

84 days to go!:cloud9: Wasn't he great!! We saw him this past year. The only one I liked better was Gary Sinise.

Mickey91
01-18-2009, 10:05 AM
We went in '06 and it was paid for with our DDP. Not sure why they would have charged you unless it had to be on a reservation to use the TS credits.

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 12:24 PM
We did the DDP for the CP and we dined at LeCellier. We were only charged one TS credit per person. It was awesome. I highly recommend it!!