PDA

View Full Version : waiting in line

Suz36
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
How do you pass the time waiting in line for rides? We like to look for hidden mickeys, and play games like Disney 20 Questions or the alphabet game with all things Disney.

Ian
01-11-2009, 12:44 PM
We tend to avoid lines with waits any more than 15 minutes, so we don't have to work too hard to keep ourselves occupied.

Normally, we just people watch. It's amazing what you'll see in WDW if you pay attention. ;)

Dopey's Girl
01-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I love people watching....the only better place to people watch is your state fair!

We also talk about what we have done, or want to do the rest of the time we are on vacation.

alilprincessmom99
01-11-2009, 12:56 PM
We like to plan what we are going to do next! Although I am an obsessive planner when it comes to my vacations, I don't plan every single moment, so that leaves the little details for when we are waiting in line! We also like to look for Hidden Mickey's!

anneo
01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
My husband has never met a stranger, so when we're in line he'll strike up a conversation with the people around us. If nothing else it makes the time go by.

disneyjoe
01-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree with the above posts, I am a people watcher as well. You can see and hear some of the funniest things while standing in line as well as some of the rudest.

The other thing I like to do is take pictures. Why not, you have time to kill, never know what you can catch on camera!

Personally though, we won't wait more than 30 minutes for a ride, thats not worth it!

disneyfan328
01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
i bring little bottles of bubbles (like the kind you get as favors at weddings or showers.) they work pretty well and usually help in keeping other kids in line occupied as well. I also bought little notebooks (about the size of a deck of cards) that have crayons in the back from the disney store. they work great as well!! we also look for hidden mickeys or discuss what we want for a snack or to eat next!!

joanna71985
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I usually am by myself in the parks. So if the lines are long enough, I will play my DS.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear my wife and m-i-l aren't alone in the people watching activity. They make a point of getting the darkest sunglasses they can so they can do it without being TOO obvious. :blush:

Pete Olsen
01-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Plan & people watch. And after a long day in the summer heat - sleep!

cindchan
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Since I"m on my own, I look over my map to see where I want to go next, or where I want to eat. I also simply look around and people watch. Other times, I'll strike up a conversation with the person next to me.

But I usually don't wait in lines if the wait time is more than about 15-20 mins. I'll just get a fasspass for those or wait till the line is down.