PDA

View Full Version : start of christmas

kwhitt3202
01-11-2009, 11:24 AM
does anyone know when the mvmcp and the osborne spectale of lights start this year?

chrisb26
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
They haven't announced anything yet as it is still very early not sure when the official announcement normally comes but if you want to go off last year the Osborne Lights started right after Thanksgiving and MVMCP started around November 10th.

You could probably go off that however it might not be the same this year I think in 2007 the Osborne lights came on earlier then they did in 2008 but I can't see them starting much later then Thanksgiving this year.

Hope this helps!

ibrowse17
01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
A couple of years ago we went down during Veteran's Day weekend. The decorations had already started to go up, and a Christmas party was being held one of the nights we were there. The Osborne Lights were not up then, but they said they would be up shortly after Thanksgiving. Have a great time:thumbsup:

alilprincessmom99
01-11-2009, 01:02 PM
The Osborne lights are usually up and running around Thanksgiving. As for MVMCP, I think it starts a little earlier than that. It is hard to say, WDW has a tendency to change things up a bit from year to year, so who knows!

Disneyatic
01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Karen!

Another thing to consider would be with the cutbacks that Disney has already made to some shows, etc due to the economy....if things keep getting worse they might push the times back.
But chances are they'll keep the early MVMCP because of the extra revenue it brings in!