PDA

View Full Version : Best place to eat for anniversary??

Genie1953
01-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Hi everyone, We will be heading to Disneyworld next year in April for our 30th wedding anniversary. We want to eat someplace special for our anniversary and would prefer a dinner meal. We would also like to be able to wear casual dress (capris, shorts, etc). Does anyone have any ideas for us?

:mickey: :confused: :mickey:

Natazu
01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Anniversary Restaurants with a Casual Dress Code:
7. Coral Reef
6. Le Cellier
5. Jiko
4. Flying Fish Cafe
3. Narcoossee's
2. Citricos
1. California Grill

BrerStitch
01-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Our recommendations:

San Angel Inn - nice atmosphere, candles, river, nighttime, open courtyard

Artist Point - more on the gourmet end, with business casual dress code. In Wilderness Lodge so nice atmosphere

Le Cellier - had a good wine list, cozy, intimate atmosphere

Coral Reef - great food, nice to watch the fish in the aquarium. Can surprise wife or husband by contacting them and arranging for a diver to be sent into the tank with a special message, can also arrange for personalized menus (with photos and message) all for FREE!

Belle_0717
01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
On our last anniversary my DH and I went to Coral Reef. He surprised me with the personalized menu and a champagne toast. I did read somewhere that they weren't going to do the menus anymore. I would call first to see if it is still available. We loved the restaurant. There wasn't many fish entrees though. We have also gone to Kona and Fulton's on past anniversary trips.

Kairi_7378
01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Jym's list is right on. We ate at the CA Grill for our 5th anniversary and had an amazing meal.

lockedoutlogic
01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Victoria and Alberts (ok...it's expensive and dressy...but still the best)
Jiko
Citricos

kemps@wdw
01-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Waht type of atmosphere are you interested in. Although Jym's list is great, those places are a little too quiet and stuffy for our taste. We'll be goin down in Oct. for our 30th and one of the places we'll be heading to celebrate is the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Have done it EVERY time we've been to the World, and love it just as much today as we did in 1980! They will acknowledge your anniversary and you'll get to do a special "anniversary dance" while everyone else cheers you on. Plus good food and lots of it, and a corny but fun dinner show.:thumbsup:

KatMark
01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Although it is not on the dining plan, we had our special 25th anniversary dinner at Fulton's at Downtown Disney. It holds a special place in our heart and the food has always been excellent and great service too.

garymacd
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
I would be tempted to dress right and eat at Victoria and Albert's, but if dressing up is not an option, I would go for California Grill. You still have to dress a little, but not as much as V & A's.

Granny Jill A
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Artist's Point - go right at sunset and ask for a table right next to the window. Absolutely gorgeous.

Tygger7
01-13-2009, 03:23 PM
We did California Grill for our 20th anniversary and it was fantastic. They even gave us each a free glass of champagne! Some people were a little more dressed up, but we were in shorts & polo shirts & were fine.

Disney Yankee
01-18-2009, 05:23 PM
We are planning to spend our 20th anniversary at the California Grill this summer. :thumbsup:I can't wait! We usually spend special occasions at this restaurant. And the dress code is casual, but not too casual, which really means you can't wear your bathing suits and men should not wear tank tops. Have fun!!!:mickey:

DreamFinder2
01-18-2009, 06:45 PM
We were at WDW last March for our 10th anniversary, and nearly everywhere we went did something for us. The best was probably Narcoosee's...they gave us free champagne, personalized menus and a dessert. We went to Cali Grille a couple days before that, and had our picture taken (which they emailed to us upon our return home) and were offered free dessert and drinks, too.

If you make it known on all of your ADRs that you're celebrating, CMs will do all they can to make it special.

Even the teenage CMs at Cosmic Rays gave us a free brownie when they saw our Anniversary Pins :thumbsup:

pwdebbie
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
We plan to be celebrating our 32nd anniversary in April at Le Cellier. That was by far our favorite restaurant from our first trip there (Oct. 2007). We tried to get in a second time during that trip and couldn't. I make our ADRs on Tuesday, so I am hoping for success.

Tinkermom
01-19-2009, 12:13 AM
We were at WDW last March for our 10th anniversary, and nearly everywhere we went did something for us. The best was probably Narcoosee's...they gave us free champagne, personalized menus and a dessert. We went to Cali Grille a couple days before that, and had our picture taken (which they emailed to us upon our return home) and were offered free dessert and drinks, too.

If you make it known on all of your ADRs that you're celebrating, CMs will do all they can to make it special.

Even the teenage CMs at Cosmic Rays gave us a free brownie when they saw our Anniversary Pins :thumbsup:

Thanks for this info! We are going to WDW in October for our 20th anniversary. We plan on 3 nights and we think we will spend one day/night at Epcot and eat our way around World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival and one night at Jiko (went there last for our 15th anniversary) and the last night is still undecided.

Do you get the anniversary pins at the same place you get the birthday pins? Any other anniversary advice?

luvmyboys4ever
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I will probably be the only one to suggest this, but we really liked everything about Cap'n Jack's in DTD. The food was wonderful and the atmopshere was great. The room is dimly lit and you're right on the water. The menu is limited, but we found something for everyone in our party of 6. We all loved our meals and that never happens. I have no idea how it is during the day, but at night it has a romantic feel. They were booked solid for dinner when we were there in November.

pwdebbie
01-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I will probably be the only one to suggest this, but we really liked everything about Cap'n Jack's in DTD. The food was wonderful and the atmopshere was great. The room is dimly lit and you're right on the water. The menu is limited, but we found something for everyone in our party of 6. We all loved our meals and that never happens. I have no idea how it is during the day, but at night it has a romantic feel. They were booked solid for dinner when we were there in November.

My husband wanted to book CJ for his birthday (three days before our anniversary) but when he found out that the lobster tail was no longer on the menu, then he changed his mind.

I wasn't real pleased with the service there or the atmosphere (we were seated right next to the kitchen door so all the stuff from the cleared tables was deposited next to us and of course, there was constant traffic in and out of the kitchen) and our server acted like we were a bother.

This wasn't a romantic restaurant at all imo. But then again, we know there were better seating areas than where we were placed, so that could make a big difference.

TheRustyScupper
01-19-2009, 08:47 AM
1) Let's assume you want
. . . good food
. . . nice atmosphere and ambiance
. . . semi-romantic
. . . relatively quiet and subdued
2) My recommendations are
. . . Bistro (Epcot, France, upstairs)
. . . Shula's (Dolphin)
. . . Todd English Blue Zoo (Dolphin)
. . . Citricos (Grand Floridian)
3) These are picked
. . . for food quality and diversity
. . . quiet surroundings
. . . good service

NOTE: The restaurants selected are somewhat quiet and serene, as there are few kids (except sometimes Citricos) because only Citricos is on the Dining Plan. This gives you a totally different clientèle than at other WDW eateries, such as California Grill where folks bring along the kiddies. When I pay big bucks for a meal, I don't want to have to speak over the din of other diners or their kids.

hardingella
01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
For our wedding anniversary we dined at The Brown Derby. When we were seated, in the centre of the table was a bride and groom Mickey and Minnie statue that my DH had bought from one of the shops. He had told me later that they were very helpful and took care of his request perfecley.Soooooooo romantic.

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Like Jym, we would chose California Grill. Number ONE in our book!!! Shorts and Capris are fine, may I suggest a lite sweater because it does tend to be chilly in the evenings. If time isn't an issue, book your ressie for 45 minutes prior to Wishes! Once seated, order your drinks and appetizers, then go out on the observation deck for Wishes! When you return to your table, your server will then bring your dinner and then enjoy a fabulous dessert. It's a great place and an awesome experience. Hope you have a happy anniversary!!

DreamFinder2
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you get the anniversary pins at the same place you get the birthday pins? Any other anniversary advice?

Yep...just ask for them at check-in.