PDA

View Full Version : Contempo Cafe

ilvdisney
01-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Has anyone eaten at the Contempo Cafe and enjoyed it? I am so dissapointed that they totally changed the menu from the old Food and Fun Center and the Tempo Grab and Go. We are very picky eaters and we loved eating here as this was one of the only deluxe hotel snack bar type places that had simple food like subs, cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, chef salads, hot dogs, etc. I hated the snack bar at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian as we could never really find anything we liked to eat there. I'm also mad that it's not open 24 hours any longer.
Does anyone know if the Contemporary's Sandbar will serve food from the 'old' type menu. I'm noticing that it's only open seasonally. Does anyone know if it will be open in August? Does the Contemporary Room Service have any food similar to what was served at the Food and Fun Center?

ElenitaB
01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I had wanted to dine at the new Contempo Cafe in December but there just wasn't enough time. Jared, one of our resident foodies, did have the opportunity though and reported back about it in a recent thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1800909&postcount=7). He did point out that everything can be customized and apparently there are salads, sandwiches and burgers on the menu.

DlandMommy
01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Ive been looking At all the menus at the contemporary so im a little familiar when I get there and everything looks "healthy"...bummer:(

ilvdisney
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
UGH! After reading that thread I am even more worried - the food there sounds even more disgusting!! I am all for healthy but it looks like we will not be finding anyhting to eat there except maybe a plain hamburger. Brie cheese, arugula, citrus apple slaw??? The salad also sounds absolutely awful. We like plain every day food and plain salads and sandwiches.

ElenitaB
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Remember, everything can be customized to your tastes. So if you want a plain turkey sandwich, you can order a plain turkey sandwich. If you want a salad sans the extras and just plain lettuce/tomato, you can order that.

On a separate note, I'm glad we never sat at the same lunch table in high school. ;->

Peterpanflight
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
we ate there in Nov. I was very upset with the hambugers as they put them on a wheat roll and was not like the old burgers there or like in the parks. The breakfast my husband loved. He loved the banana carmel waffles. Im a huge disney burger basket fan so i know now not to get one there anymore.:mickey:

ilvdisney
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I hate wheat rolls!!! I just want my old Food and Fun Center back!!!!!! I don't think they are thinking about the kids either. The Contemporary has the Wave for all those who like the fancy dishes, they really need a place to get normal everyday food for all of us who like plain old American fare. And I understand about the 'made to order' option but there are maybe 2 things I could get there even taking off all of the cheese and stuff.
Oh well, at least I got to eat at the Tempo Grab and Go one last time in August. Anyone have any news regarding the Sandbar?