PDA

View Full Version : Success on DDP getting diff dessert?

Crow
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
anyone been able to get something else besides dessert on DDP? i know I would rather have an app than dessert sometimes but that is gone for DDP.
I had heard some were able to get milkshakes...how about fruit or something healthier?
anyone able have a side or app instead?

DizneyRox
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
The DDP is designed for profit, so they are really NOT supposed to do substitutions. They will work with you based on your diet, but to get a different course for the meal is probably not going to happen.

Adding a course to your meal will lengthen the time you are at the table and could impact the turn around time on. If they can get one more person through the door that's more money. Not to mention deserts are cheaper than apps to make.

ElenitaB
01-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I feel your pain. I'd much rather have a salad than a dessert. That said, there are a few restaurants that will allow you to order a shake/smoothie as your dessert (thinking of SciFi and WCC, for example) and others where you can find a fruit-based dessert (i.e., angel food cake with loads of fresh berries at 50's PT).

Good luck!

GoofyDawg
01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Most counter services offer fruit. I'm not a lunch dessert person, so thats what I got for lunches. Unless of course a Mickey Premium is availble.:mickey: Love those things.

Brooklynos
01-10-2009, 06:13 PM
When we went with my MIL who is diabetic, we forgot to notate it on our ADR's but the restaraunts were great in getting her a fruit dessert or making her something different so I imagine that if you ask for a healthier dessert option many places may be able to help you with that. Not sure about counter service though, not many good options for dessert at some of them.