PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ohana

buzznwoodysmom
01-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I have a question about Ohana's dinner. I should know this since we eat here on every trip. At what time do all the fun activities for the kids start during dinnertime? Thanks.

stitchaholic
01-10-2009, 02:20 PM
i hope that they run the kids activities several times,our ADR is at 8pm.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Since Ohana's isn't open for lunch, I believe the fun activities start right when they open for dinner at 5:00pm and run until 10:00pm. Now keep in mind they're not run continously during those times. From what I remember it's like every half hour or so, at least that's what is seems like to me, lol. :D

buzznwoodysmom
01-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks. The reason I was asking is because we normally have our ADRs around 7 or 8ish and are there during Wishes. This time we are trying to get a 5pm ADR so we can head to MK after dinner. I was hoping the fun kids activities would be going on early in the evening. I know on our last trip the only ADR we could get was after 9pm and all the activities were done for the night. I asked a CM and he said that after around 9pm the activites are over.

mouseketeer mom
01-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Denise!
We always book an earlier dinner at Ohana's, between 5-5:30pm. The kids activities start about 1/2 an hour after opening. They run fairly continually. We have never missed the coconut races, nor the Hula lesson having an earlier dinner. You'll be fine!!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks Lisa,

That's exactly what I was looking for, someone who has eaten here early in the evening to respond. The kids really missed all the action last time when our ADR wasn't until after 9pm. They really don't want to miss out on all the fun again. Thanks everyone.

DlandMommy
01-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Awwww our ADR is for 850 on the 24th:(

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Stephanie,

You might want to call and see if there are any earlier openings or if in fact they do stop the entertainment around 9pm. I was shocked that nothing was going on. It was very quiet and we aren't used to that at Ohana. It was a bummer for us, especially since we missed Wishes to eat there and we couldn't get a table near the window. This was the first time we didn't have a table near the window. However, the food was better than ever on that trip and it more than made up for the lack of "excitement".

jonahbear2006
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
We had a 9pm reservation and the kids got to do the conga line and the maracas and a few dances and coconut races. Then we sat down to eat and enjoyed watching wishes, and unfortunately my baby wandered off during the maraca dance. I turned for a second and he was gone. It was a big ordeal. He was at another table talking to some older ladies. One lady, while we were looking told us to just pick another kid so she wouldn't be interupted during the fireworks, cause there were plenty of them to go around. Kids slept through dinner and wouldn't eat. We loved the food, bad experience though, other than the fireworks, That was superb!!! I recommend going earlier in the evening though.

mrmcgiv
01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Ouyr ADR was for 7:40 in dec. We were late, but they still took us. I tried to call before we made the trek but could not get anyone to connect me!!! We got there between 8-8:30. We were seated by about 8:30-8:40. I was VERY disappointed that they did one coconut race at about 9:-9:15 and said that was all the entertainment for the night. No hula lessons, nothing. The place was still full of people. We left at 10 and while no new ppl came in, it was half full. We were also seated over by the dessert bar by some palm trees with nice view of the bathroom and the loud lobby..as soon as you walk in. So even if there was anything going on we could not really see it. At least they seated us since we were late. Dh and DD got STUCK in the great movie ride for 20 minutes (something malfunctined). so we had no control over this.

However, that was my fave meal ever in WDW...food wise. I htought the kid entertainment was nothing worth noting! I am hoping it usually better than this judging by what I have heard. I would PROTEST if they ever tried to seat me in that same section again! It was LOUSY!