PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Extra Major Hours

DisneyMom3
01-10-2009, 12:22 PM
We will be going to Epcot one of the nights it's open late. Will the fireworks still be at 9:00? How much does the park clear out after fireworks? Are the extra hours for Disney resort guests only? If so, how do they determine if you are a resort guest or not?

Thanks!!!

MOJoe
01-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Yes, Illuminations will still be displayed at 9. As far as crowds go, Epcot may appear to "clear out", but you probably will find quite long lines at the major attractions like Soarin and Test Track. Since you must have a Disney Resort Key to enter the attractions, this prohibits day guests from entering the queue. Day guests, can however, remain in the park and purchase drinks and merchandise.

DisneyMP3Maker
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
The extra magic hours are a huge benefit for Disney Resort guests. The park won't "empty" out right away (usually until the day pass guests realize that they can't go on any rides, and once they are done shopping). And the major attractions will still have some good lines for a while. But if you are patient enough to wait them out, then you will be rewarded with a mostly empty park with hardly any wait times. Soarin doesn't usually empty out until really late, so if you don't mind riding it at 11:30pm, then you are fine.

Plus, you get to miss all of the long lines waiting to get onto the buses to go back to your hotel.

joelkfla
01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Actually, Epcot has changed regarding Extra Magic Hours.

On Fridays, which is the EMH night, the park will close at 8 p.m., and Illuminations (the fireworks) will be also be at 8. Extra Magic will run until 11 p.m., instead of 12 a.m. as in the past.

This is in effect thru the first week of April.

Somebody at Intercot, please update your Epcot hours to reflect this.

JPL
01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Lately the parks have been much more crowded during EMHs especially since they got rid of the wristbands. Epcot with the limited attractions available is perhaps the worst park for EMHs since the lines for TT and Soarin are often longer than they are during the day.

MOJoe
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Actually, Epcot has changed regarding Extra Magic Hours.

On Fridays, which is the EMH night, the park will close at 8 p.m., and Illuminations (the fireworks) will be also be at 8. Extra Magic will run until 11 p.m., instead of 12 a.m. as in the past.

This is in effect thru the first week of April.

Somebody at Intercot, please update your Epcot hours to reflect this.

Sorry for the wrong info, but when did this happen? And does anyone think it will continue after April?

Kenny1113
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Are FP still available durning EMH? :confused:

wendy*darling
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Fast Passes are not available during evening Extra Magic Hours (at any park).

As far as the hours for Epcot's EMH on FRIDAYS- I was just there last week and have the Times Guide. It does state an 8pm closing, then EMH until 11pm. Illuminations at 8pm. It does not state how long that will be in effect.

You will need to show your valid room key to enter any ride/attraction queue during EMH.

joelkfla
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
The revised Friday hours are on the official WDW web site. In April, we go to 2 EMH nites per week for the Spring Break season, and the hours go back to 9 pm closing.

I don't know whether the early closing will be in effect again between Spring Break and the start of the summer season.

Crow
01-15-2009, 02:03 AM
I was in Epcot during a slower season w nightime EMH and the lines werent really that short.
I will be there Easter wk and hoping for some shorter but I dont think so. Illuminations is listed at 9 as usual then.

jonahbear2006
01-15-2009, 02:23 AM
hahaha, clear out! Good luck with THAT! I have yet to see an evening extra magic hour at Epcot that was slow. The world showcase was pounding with people, the international gateway was packed, and the rides burst at the seams until close. We even went during the slow first week in sept. and it was this way. I definitely wouldn't wait till the extra magic hours to try to get on the major rides. If anything, use them to visit the world showcase where there are no lines for rides.

JavaDuck
01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
We used fast passes during evening EMH when we were in the world during this past August. Worked really well in DHS. You need to get your first fast pass right when the EMH starts, especially for the more popular attractions.

DizneyRox
01-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Evening EMH really don't clear out till the last hour or so. MK seems worse during EMH than the normal park hours. I've found them all but useless in terms of riding the popular rides.

Morpheous
01-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Sorry for the wrong info, but when did this happen? And does anyone think it will continue after April?

Actually looking at the WDW website, and park hours.. It shows Evening Extra Magic Hours in April for Epcot, to be the usual 9pm-12am time frame.

bob6572
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
EMH on 1/30 at Epcot and Illuminations was at 8, not 9. As flood of people were leaving we had to show tickets to get on Spaceship earth as people were being told they could not w/o a ticket.