PDA

View Full Version : we're not coming down spring break :(

busterthebronco
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
i know why its called a depression.
i havnt worked in three months (construction), we refinanced the house, canceled trips to WDW in jan and vegas in march, turned down the heat, quit eating out,cut up our credit cards, etc.
i am going back to college to get a better job, my family is awesome, my mom has come through for me AGAIN in life, my friends are keeping me laughing,etc.

but no WDW this spring for the first time in 18 years.
oh well, it was a great run!:cloud9:
anyone else in this boat?
misery loves company ya know. :blush:

lighteningqueen
01-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I know how you feel we just got back from our Dec trip to wdw and it really did take a strain on us. We knew better than to go. We are self employed and build,paint childrens furnishings and this past year was so bad for us. When the economy gets bad they stop buying for their children. First time in 24 years have we gone backwards at this. But we used the money we made in Nov to finish paying for the trip and now we are having trouble making ends meet. My first show of the year only made enough to pay our booth for next month and a truck payment nothing else. We will not be going for a long time and this was our 2nd trip ever. Besides the magic was not there going that soon every year or two years is just too much. How do people do that. There were no changes from last year and the crowds were terrible and rude. Everyone there was rude. They were there but not buying anything just standing in lines. Not to many happy laughing faces. Really. When you can pay it out like you can and the time comes you just go but cut out on extra's even food. It definatly showed on faces this year. Don't fret it. Don't even try to go for any reason. You will feel like us. Wishing we had all that money back to pay bills this month. This is deep depression for us...Things just have to get better don't they???

g8rgirl29
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip and haven't been working!!! We are feeling the pinch here also as husband was injured then laid off. He is doing side jobs on his own and will be starting a new job in a week but at a large drop in hourly wage. We just had the smallest Christmas we have ever had. I am just hoping and praying and cutting back on everything I can. But may still have to cancel Sept. trip if things don't get any better.

faline
01-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Sorry you've had to cancel your trip! Hopefully things will turn around for everyone soon!