PDA

View Full Version : The carousel of progress question!

SandmanGStefani24
01-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, yeah, we all know...open seasonally...but is it open right now? Anyone been there recently who knows? Going in feb and want to ride it..:cool:

JPL
01-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Actually it has been on regular operating schedule for the past few years so it should be open. I think it's still listed as seasonal because it is one of the first attractions Disney would take offline if they were short staffed or especially now with the current state of the economy. I think your chances of riding are high I don't want to say it will definitely be open because you never quite know for sure with any attraction.

BMan62
01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
It was open and doing a decent business on Tuesday when we were there.

Disneyfun
01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
It was open during my entire trip 1/3-1/7...although, I didn't get to go...grrr!

CaptSmee
01-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, yeah, we all know...open seasonally...but is it open right now? Anyone been there recently who knows? Going in feb and want to ride it..:cool:

It hasn't operated seasonally in years. It's a daily attraction now! Long live COP!

PirateLover
01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
It hasn't operated seasonally in years. It's a daily attraction now! Long live COP!

Yes, but I think it's still billed in most literature as "seasonal," even though it's been steadily open for years.

alilprincessmom99
01-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Like someone else said, it is still listed as "seasonal", but the last few times we have been, it has been open, so I think your chances of getting to ride are pretty good!

starrmomof2
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
As a sidenote, my boys rode it for the first time when we were there in September and it became a favorite. I think we rode it twice more that week, with one of them being the last night of our vacation in MK. Each person could choose their fave to ride, and COP was a must for the boys.
Love it when the 'classics' are appreciated even though they're not a 'thrill' like Splash, or SM, etc.

epceddie
01-12-2009, 10:49 PM
My wife and I were part of a five-person audience early in the morning on Tuesday (Jan.6).

It's one of our favorite attractions along with Pirates, Buzz Lightyear and the Haunted Mansion.

Allison likes to sing along.

"There's a big bright beautiful tomorrow ......."

Thanks Walt!