PDA

View Full Version : Poncho Rides?

Disney1977
01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi,

On what rides, if any, do you wear a disposable rain poncho? And do you bring your own poncho or buy one in the Parks?

Thank you for your replies.

Liz

DlandMommy
01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Thats cheating;)Get wet its fun.....Even if you freeze:thumbsup:

JPL
01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Never wore a poncho on any of the water rides if I didn't feel like getting wet I just skipped the attraction.

jensantuit
01-09-2009, 10:01 PM
We've never intentionally put on a rain poncho to keep dry on a ride. We have purchased ponchos 2 trips ago in the MK and we just bring them back each time we go for the off chance that it rains while we're there.

skisurf2
01-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Buy it in the park, they a cheap. You really don't need one on any of the Disney rides. Universal is a diffrent story.

gueli
01-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Tend to think that your own ponchos from home will be just fine. When it rains & everyone buys a poncho you can easily loose your family because everyone looks the same.
Just as a personal note- For the rain I found a lightweight umbrella better- I didn't get all sticky & hot like I did in the rain poncho.
As for the rides- I have seen a number of people take them on splash mountain.
Personally I like to get wet.
Some rides (kali river) if your going to get wet a poncho will not help.
Have fun
:mickey:

Disney-Nut
01-10-2009, 09:28 AM
if you purchase a disney world poncho and it rips or tears you just bring it to a counter thats sells them and they will replace it no questions asked.

stitchaholic
01-10-2009, 09:35 AM
hmmm,i have one that ripped from last year,do you think they will replace it without a receipt?
we got caught in a downpour last year!

as for the rides,well,we just get wet,never considered a poncho,but kali in AK is one you will definitly get wet on!

Disney-Nut
01-10-2009, 09:36 AM
yes they will just bring it back. it doesnt hurt to try anyway

alilprincessmom99
01-10-2009, 12:19 PM
My personal opinion is no poncho at all. I mean they are water rides, the purpose is to get wet. But, I guess if it is cold, I wouldn't really want to get wet. But, if that's the case, I would probably just skip the ride entirely. Although skipping Splash would be a travesty to me!!! But, I guess if you are going to use a ponch, you would want to use it on Splash and KRR.

nicjohn3
01-10-2009, 08:21 PM
We usually carry a back pack with us anyway--Go to the $ store--get 2 in a pack for $1 and small umbrellas are $1 too. We dont use them for the rides, but the quick small rain showers. We usually just threw away the ponchos after getting back to room. Much cheaper that the ones in parks.

elmjimmlm
01-10-2009, 11:34 PM
We had the dollar throw away ponchos 2 weeks ago on KRR and everyone standing and waiting in line were asking for them when we got off the ride...I guess they were watching every person that was shivering in front of us that had just gotten off the ride and were not ready for the cold water so we just handed them over...

Figment!
01-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Kali River Rapids is the only ride I've ever rode with a poncho on ... and I was glad I did.

There are portions of the ride where certain seats on the raft will get very, very wet.

disneyjoe
01-11-2009, 02:01 PM
You don't get that wet on Splash mountain so enjoy it but I would recommend it for Kali River Rapids since it depends where you sit (or end up) on how wet you get. I have seen this ride completely soak people.

IloveDisney71
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Ponchos at Disney are kind of pricey but they are thicker than the ones you buy at local discount stores. I personally buy the cheap ones so we can just toss them out Or give them to people getting in line when we are done using them. I am one of those people who does not enjoy getting wet on rides and then walking around wet for hours later so I wear ponchos on Splash Mt. I have gotten off SM and been drenched from head to toe. The hood flies off on the big drop but at least my clothes stay pretty dry.

mouseketeer mom
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
The only ride we have worn ponchos on was on Kali. We didn't purchase them, folks getting off the ride handed them to us on their way out. It was pointless though. I wore it but failed to sit on it, to tuck it under me. The water came behind me, all over the seat and my shorts and underwear were soaked. I felt disgusting, and was freezing. Also, it was on the day we switched resorts, and NO LUGGAGE in my room when we went back to change. Ugh. That felt awful.